London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Keep us posted Nelli, just like you always do. I hate in someways for training camp to begin as it indicates we are already in the “dog days” of summer BUT this in when Championship chases begin.

I agree Buttsy
We all remember the playoffs result, it's never a mistake if it's a learning experience . We are fairly certain who will be on this season's team now while last year was as you say a totally deferent situation

Last year's experience should help them grow together as a team this season

Reactions: zman77

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
LWsCRW LDRD G
Antonio StrangesConnor McMichaelLiam Foudy Avery WinslowAlec Regula Jordan Kooy
Matvei GuskovPaul CotterJonathan Gruden Kirill SteklovHunter Skinner Brett Brochu
Nathan DunkleyBilly MoskalCole Tymkin Liam WhittakerGerard Keane Cameron Smith
Sahil PanwarJosh NelsonLuke EvangelistaRiley CoomeBryce Montgomery Riley McCabe
Stuart Rolofs Sean McGurnBrendan Mairs Connor FederkowBen Roger Mathias Onuska
Alex TurkoMax McCue Logan Mailloux
Kolby PoulinTy Anselmini
Xavier LéveilléDario Beljo
Eric MaltbyJacob Chantler
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Yellow = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy, COuld be traded or released
Underline mean JR B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LEt me know

LWsCRWLDRDG
Antonio StrangesConnor McMichaelLiam FoudyAvery WinslowAlec RegulaJordan Kooy
Matvei GuskovPaul CotterJonathan GrudenKirill SteklovHunter SkinnerBrett Brochu
Nathan DunkleyBilly MoskalCole TymkinLiam WhittakerGerard Keane Cameron Smith
Sahil PanwarJosh NelsonLuke EvangelistaRiley CoomeBryce MontgomeryRiley McCabe
Stuart Rolofs Sean McGurnBrendan MairsConnor FederkowBen Roger Mathias Onuska
Alex TurkoMax McCueLogan Mailloux
Kolby PoulinTy Anselmini
Xavier LéveilléDario Beljo
Eric MaltbyJacob Chantler
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Yellow = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy, COuld be traded or released
Underline mean JR B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LEt me know
I'm certain this will look more organized to those who are not colour blind ;)

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
NO ESTAPA surprise this year.
Over 80 kids in camp says a lot for Knights ability to attract players. Most have no chance to catch on but probably like the experience.

Doesn't make sense for Estapa to come here this season so I am not surprised he is not at camp. Best situation for him is to go to the USHL for a year and get some good ice time (which he wouldn't be guaranteed this year in London) and then next summer after he has been NHL drafted then decide between London and Western Michigan (like Hunter Skinner just did).

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
NELLI REPORT:

WHITE 8 BLACK 4
[Goals: White--Steklov, Guskov, Evangelista (2), Homer, Mack, Remissong, Rees; Black--McGurn, Chantier, Moskal, Mazomenos]

Defence:
WHITE: Hunter Skinner (R) and Steklov (L) were paired and both were exceptional. Steklov is a big kid, and a smooth, fluid skater, who can skate the puck up ice or make the breakout pass. I was really impressed with the Russian. He knows the fundamentals of the game. He's always in the right position, head up when he skates, etc... Skinner is known for having a cannon but he didn't get a chance to show it off in a scrimmage game which is mostly run and gun hockey. He is a also a good skating d-man, and was eager to join the rush.
BLACK: Winslow (L) was paired with Regula (R), and he, too, is a smooth-skating d-man who looked good rushing and passing the puck. Liam Whittaker did not look out of place--but I think the coaching staff are expecting more from a 3rd year player than he offers.
Forwards:
WHITE: Evangelista was a standout, scoring 2 goals, stripping players of the puck, and doing what he does best, playmaking. His hands are as good as Robbie Thomas' at that age. Yeah, that's right, I said it. His hands are as good as Thomas'! Guskov was flying out there, and scored a nice goal.
Goal:
WHITE: Donofrio got the start; not impressed at all. Allowed a weak goal, on a soft wrister, blocker side.
Replaced by Willis...he didn't stand out at all either.
BLACK: I believe Cameron Smith got the start and was replaced by Onuska in the second half. Onuska had a shaky debut. We need better out of a BUG.
GREEN 7 GOLD 5
[Goals: GREEN--Krupa, Poulin (2), Twofoot, Tomasi, Stranges, and ?; GOLD--Rolofs (2), Gruden, Tymkin (2)]

Defence:
GREEN--G. Keane played as well as expected; Ben Roger is tall, and lanky, and has incredible athleticism; his anticipation allows him to intercept passes; he has great hands; and skates the puck up ice with confidence; he's still rather thin, and I'm thinking that that might be his lone weakness. If only he had more strength. I'm not writing him off by any means, he's too skilled. Federkow was ok, not at the same level as some of the others, but he should be in London's future plans.
GOLD: Montgomery, unlike Roger, is a physical force, strong along the boards, and for a big kid, he sure can skate, and handles the puck well. Mailloux is a physically mature 16 year old, who I think has a bright future with the Knights. He is offensive minded, and he knows when to join the rush. Hard shot. Riley Coome was the most physical defender by far. He did more hitting than the other d-men combined, but he's ranked at the bottom of our D in terms of his overall skill level. I wouldn't keep him as an OA.
Forwards:
GREEN: Oh my! It was the Antonio Stranges show. Where do I start? He had the puck on a string on every shift. He scored a beautiful goal on a breakaway going backhand top shelf. He was behind his OWN net, and feathered a perfect pass in the air that landed flat on the ice at the opposing team's blueline--unbelievable. He was in his own zone, flipped the puck in the air and juggled it 5 or 6 times, the last time it was batted past the oncoming defender and Stranges gained possession and continued skating up ice. Enough of Stranges!
McCue looked alright for a rookie, but I don't think he'll be in the mix for a 4th line spot.
GOLD: Rolofs, our #1 pick this year, scored two goals. He also had possession of the puck on a 2 on 1 and dished off to Tymkin who one-timed the puck past the goalie. Impressive debut for the rookie. Good size and good skater. Gruden scored late in the game, a laser that beat Brochu top shelf.
Goal:
GREEN: Beckford started and was replaced by Brochu. Of all our young goalies, I prefer Brochu thus far based on how they performed today. My view could easily change in a few days, I have Brochu over Onuska as BUG. Brochu is a battler and I like that. Size is his disadvantage. He's 5'11" if memory serves.
GOLD: Kooy starts, and I'm not sure who came in in relief (either Brand or Bain).
OVERALL/SUMMARY:
I was really happy with how these young defenders performed. Very competitive, knowing that they have been given a legitimate shot at making the team. I will say this...despite their impressive play, there's really no way of telling how they'll perform in their own zone amidst stiff competition in the regular season. So, too early to comment on their defensive zone coverage. Having said that, I can't remember a camp with a group of young d-men with that skill level...they are all exceptional skaters with good hands.
Evangelista had one of the most dominant performances on offence, and he NEEDED to. McGurn could earn a spot on the 4th line, he's a smart player with skill.
Too tough to say who our top 4 D will be. If we exclude Coome, then I would guess our D could look something like this:
1. Regula 2. Keane 3. Skinner 4. Steklov 5. Winslow 6. Montgomery 7.Roger
[with Whittaker and possibly Coome being moved]. That D does not have a lot of experience, but as someone else said, let them get in their games and then re-evaluate.
-No Foudy; No McMichael
-No fights.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
TY sir Nelli.
Ill be there tomorrow. Orange Archies ball cap.

Nice to see some familiar names on the list even thou they are camp "depth" and have little/better yet no chance of making the squad. Still a great experience they can carry forward.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks Nelli.
Excellent report on the Knight's Camp.
Nice to hear that Evangelista is breaking out this season.
Cameron Smith is a very good athlete and appears he'll be playing Goal for Uxbridge Jr. A.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
NELLI REPORT:

WHITE 8 BLACK 4
[Goals: White--Steklov, Guskov, Evangelista (2), Homer, Mack, Remissong, Rees; Black--McGurn, Chantier, Moskal, Mazomenos]

Defence:
WHITE: Hunter Skinner (R) and Steklov (L) were paired and both were exceptional. Steklov is a big kid, and a smooth, fluid skater, who can skate the puck up ice or make the breakout pass. I was really impressed with the Russian. He knows the fundamentals of the game. He's always in the right position, head up when he skates, etc... Skinner is known for having a cannon but he didn't get a chance to show it off in a scrimmage game which is mostly run and gun hockey. He is a also a good skating d-man, and was eager to join the rush.
BLACK: Winslow (L) was paired with Regula (R), and he, too, is a smooth-skating d-man who looked good rushing and passing the puck. Liam Whittaker did not look out of place--but I think the coaching staff are expecting more from a 3rd year player than he offers.
Forwards:
WHITE: Evangelista was a standout, scoring 2 goals, stripping players of the puck, and doing what he does best, playmaking. His hands are as good as Robbie Thomas' at that age. Yeah, that's right, I said it. His hands are as good as Thomas'! Guskov was flying out there, and scored a nice goal.
Goal:
WHITE: Donofrio got the start; not impressed at all. Allowed a weak goal, on a soft wrister, blocker side.
Replaced by Willis...he didn't stand out at all either.
BLACK: I believe Cameron Smith got the start and was replaced by Onuska in the second half. Onuska had a shaky debut. We need better out of a BUG.
GREEN 7 GOLD 5
[Goals: GREEN--Krupa, Poulin (2), Twofoot, Tomasi, Stranges, and ?; GOLD--Rolofs (2), Gruden, Tymkin (2)]

Defence:
GREEN--G. Keane played as well as expected; Ben Roger is tall, and lanky, and has incredible athleticism; his anticipation allows him to intercept passes; he has great hands; and skates the puck up ice with confidence; he's still rather thin, and I'm thinking that that might be his lone weakness. If only he had more strength. I'm not writing him off by any means, he's too skilled. Federkow was ok, not at the same level as some of the others, but he should be in London's future plans.
GOLD: Montgomery, unlike Roger, is a physical force, strong along the boards, and for a big kid, he sure can skate, and handles the puck well. Mailloux is a physically mature 16 year old, who I think has a bright future with the Knights. He is offensive minded, and he knows when to join the rush. Hard shot. Riley Coome was the most physical defender by far. He did more hitting than the other d-men combined, but he's ranked at the bottom of our D in terms of his overall skill level. I wouldn't keep him as an OA.
Forwards:
GREEN: Oh my! It was the Antonio Stranges show. Where do I start? He had the puck on a string on every shift. He scored a beautiful goal on a breakaway going backhand top shelf. He was behind his OWN net, and feathered a perfect pass in the air that landed flat on the ice at the opposing team's blueline--unbelievable. He was in his own zone, flipped the puck in the air and juggled it 5 or 6 times, the last time it was batted past the oncoming defender and Stranges gained possession and continued skating up ice. Enough of Stranges!
McCue looked alright for a rookie, but I don't think he'll be in the mix for a 4th line spot.
GOLD: Rolofs, our #1 pick this year, scored two goals. He also had possession of the puck on a 2 on 1 and dished off to Tymkin who one-timed the puck past the goalie. Impressive debut for the rookie. Good size and good skater. Gruden scored late in the game, a laser that beat Brochu top shelf.
Goal:
GREEN: Beckford started and was replaced by Brochu. Of all our young goalies, I prefer Brochu thus far based on how they performed today. My view could easily change in a few days, I have Brochu over Onuska as BUG. Brochu is a battler and I like that. Size is his disadvantage. He's 5'11" if memory serves.
GOLD: Kooy starts, and I'm not sure who came in in relief (either Brand or Bain).
OVERALL/SUMMARY:
I was really happy with how these young defenders performed. Very competitive, knowing that they have been given a legitimate shot at making the team. I will say this...despite their impressive play, there's really no way of telling how they'll perform in their own zone amidst stiff competition in the regular season. So, too early to comment on their defensive zone coverage. Having said that, I can't remember a camp with a group of young d-men with that skill level...they are all exceptional skaters with good hands.
Evangelista had one of the most dominant performances on offence, and he NEEDED to. McGurn could earn a spot on the 4th line, he's a smart player with skill.
Too tough to say who our top 4 D will be. If we exclude Coome, then I would guess our D could look something like this:
1. Regula 2. Keane 3. Skinner 4. Steklov 5. Winslow 6. Montgomery 7.Roger
[with Whittaker and possibly Coome being moved]. That D does not have a lot of experience, but as someone else said, let them get in their games and then re-evaluate.
-No Foudy; No McMichael
-No fights.

excellent as always. Foudy and McMichael are in Virginia for the NHLPA rookie showcase as is Evan Bouchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad