London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Woo Hoo the “Season” thread is officially launched! Drop the Puck damn it......

Being from St Thomas who do you think we may see assigned to the “Stars” this season?

The Stars signed one of the Knights picks, the dman MacKinnon from Elgin Middlesex, so he will be one to watch.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
The Stars signed one of the Knights picks, the dman MacKinnon from Elgin Middlesex, so he will be one to watch. They also signed one of our U18 picks Kolby Poulin.

Sorry, meant to edit the previous post by saying they signed Kolby Poulin as well.

jimbarrou

May 17, 2016
London
If anyone is looking for tickets for single games this season let me know! I have about 10 games I'm looking to sell tickets for.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
have heard from a source in the Nationals circle that Logan Mailloux has signed with them and will be used as a call up for the Knights.

Connor Federkow also played with the St. Thomas Stars tonight

I see Federkow and MacKinnon on St Thomas roster. Game sheet shows 12 PIM for Connor so he is continuing to play with a bit of an edge. Don't see Mailloux on Nationals roster yet but it would be great place to gain experience and still practice with Knights.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
The London Knights are pleased to announce that they have acquired goaltender Mathias Onuska from the Kingston Frontenacs. The Frontenacs will receive London’s 3rd round selection in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection and a conditional 4th round selection in the 2023 OHL Priority Selection. Onuska was originally selected in the 7th round, 133rdoverall, by Kingston in 2018.
“We are pleased to welcome Mathias to our organization. We were impressed with his play as a 16-year old starting goalie in Waterloo last season, especially in a league such as the GOJHL. We look forward to seeing how he does at camp in the coming days and as we progress into the regular season,” said General Manager Mark Hunter regarding the trade.
Onuska played last season for the Waterloo Siskins of the GOJHL. He played in 28 regular season games, finishing with a goals against average of 2.69 and a save percentage of .915. He also appeared in another 27 playoff games as the Siskins won the Sutherland Cup as the top team at the Junior B level in Ontario last season.
“Mathias is an athletic goalie that is strong throughout any situation. At his age he has already played some big games and we hope to see his skill and experience carry over to the next level,” continued Hunter.
Mathias Onuska
Goaltender
Born: May 30, 2002 – Waterloo, ON
Height – 6.03 Weight – 176lbs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Mathias Onuska probably didn't report to Kingston last season to preserve his NCAA eligibility.
He could have rightfully thought that Kingston may remain an OHL bottom feeder for the next few years.
He is probably very happy to come to an OHL contender, 9,000 fans in the stands and NHL scouts at every game. And a lot closer to home with an education package to boot.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
He could have rightfully thought that Kingston may remain an OHL bottom feeder for the next few years.

Well, good to hear he is a smart kid and grasps the obvious nicely. :laugh::laugh:

I think this a great pickup for the Knights. Our number one has a history of working well with “goalmates”and should be able to help him mature nicely for us down the road. Well done Mark and fairly affordable.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Just re posting PP31 camp schedule.

Full Training Camp Sched

enter @ Gate 4

Monday, August 26, 2019
  • 2:30pm-4:00pm - Team Black vs. Team White
  • 4:10pm-5:40pm - Team Gold vs. Team Green
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
  • 8:00am-9:30am - Team Black vs. Team Green
  • 9:40am-11:10am - Team White vs. Team Gold
  • 11:30am-12:50pm - Knights Pro Alumni Skate
  • 1:00pm-2:50pm - Team White vs. Team Green
  • 3:00pm-4:50pm - Team Black vs. Team Gold
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
  • 8:00am-9:30am - Team White vs. Team Gold
  • 9:40am-11:10am - Team Black vs. Team Green
  • 6:00pm-8:00pm - Team Green vs. Team Gold

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Just re posting PP31 camp schedule.

Full Training Camp Sched

enter @ Gate 4

Monday, August 26, 2019
  • 2:30pm-4:00pm - Team Black vs. Team White
  • 4:10pm-5:40pm - Team Gold vs. Team Green
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
  • 8:00am-9:30am - Team Black vs. Team Green
  • 9:40am-11:10am - Team White vs. Team Gold
  • 1:00pm-2:50pm - Team White vs. Team Green
  • 3:00pm-4:50pm - Team Black vs. Team Gold
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
  • 8:00am-9:30am - Team White vs. Team Gold
  • 9:40am-11:10am - Team Black vs. Team Green
  • 6:00pm-8:00pm - Team Green vs. Team Gold
Looking forward to camp. Of particular interest for me will be the competition to earn a spot on D. Watching and comparing Winslow, Montgomery, Steklov, Roger, Keane, Mailloux (a year younger), etc...will be fun!
Also some battles of interest for 4th line duties. McGurn, McCue, Rolofs...
In goal, Brochu vs Onuska (sp?) for backup.

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
We've just got a little better in net, I like it, just hope we don't go too crazy on signing up cards this early again.

Much different roster this season Fastpace, I think Formenton, Bouchard and even Boqvist (late assignment I believe?) were perhaps unknowns with a real chance at sticking in the NHL. I don’t think this team has quite as many, if any players in this situation? Plus the Hunters and the management team are not slow learners so they will have received an “education” from last year’s moves? I didn’t want to call them mistakes but in reality a few of the moves probably were just that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad