London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Time for what?
To show they are at best a middle of the pak team this year.
Put down the Rose glasses ,I mean the binoculars.

Foudy's been back for all of 2 games, Kooy still hasn't found his game, we've got plenty of new players/line combos that haven't had a chance to gel yet, and you might be amazed what the addition of a solid stay-at-home defenseman and perhaps one more solid scoring threat could do for this team. The season is still young.....look at what Guelph was able to do last season after an equally slow start. Give it a chance to develop.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Foudy's been back for all of 2 games, Kooy still hasn't found his game, we've got plenty of new players/line combos that haven't had a chance to gel yet, and you might be amazed what the addition of a solid stay-at-home defenseman and perhaps one more solid scoring threat could do for this team. The season is still young.....look at what Guelph was able to do last season after an equally slow start. Give it a chance to develop.
Guelph taught us it's not how you start but how you finish

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It does suck that a kid in his overage season gets used in this way. But if Sarnia is within its right to do what they are doing (and it appears so) go for it. Kind of hoping Sarnia climbs up the standings and London drops down only to meet in the first round and the Knights bounce their arse out in 4 straight. Would be extra funny if Myskiw ends up in net for London. LOL, karma always seems to find a way.......

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
It does suck that a kid in his overage season gets used in this way. But if Sarnia is within its right to do what they are doing (and it appears so) go for it. Kind of hoping Sarnia climbs up the standings and London drops down only to meet in the first round and the Knights bounce their arse out in 4 straight. Would be extra funny if Myskiw ends up in net for London. LOL, karma always seems to find a way.......
You think way too much(in a good way )

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sarnia Sting just became the Dooshiest team in the league.

Sure.. let's play with a kids future just to be dinks....

I wouldn't go so far as to say the dirtiest team, the rules are in place and Sarnia are within the rule boundaries set up by CHL. It's a shame junior players are caught in the middle while in the process of furthering their hockey development and careers. Who ever said London always get their player for dirt cheap.

I just hope for Dylan Myskiw's sake Sarnia puts his future first and find a place soon before his season goes to waste

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't know the situation but they are not obligated by some special code to trade him to London cause that's where he wants to go

Well ! Lets put it this way, Miskiw is not obligated to play anywhere else , if Sarnia's plan was to pick him to get back in trade for him it seems there is only one door they can knock on to deal him.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Spitfires Daniel D'Amico did not dress last night against Soo, his name is not on the OHL suspended list. Is he suspended for a definite fact and for how many games? I know this has nothing to do with the Knights other then something to fall back on if a Knights player ever happens to go through a similar situation.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spitfires Daniel D'Amico did not dress last night against Soo, his name is not on the OHL suspended list. Is he suspended for a definite fact and for how many games? I know this has nothing to do with the Knights other then something to fall back on if a Knights player ever happens to go through similar situation experience.

Spoke to D'amico last night,he was suspended for 1 game,will be back in action Sunday vs Sudbury.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
To put it mildly....Merkley's D zone awareness, effort and IQ are a work in progress.
Gotta give coaches nightmares lol.

Good first half as a team tonight.

Brochu continues to carry the ball. I guess he gets 2 outts 3 this weekend but the other start is the one Im most interested in....

Last edited:

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
To put it mildly....Merkley's D zone awareness, effort and IQ are a work in progress.
Gotta give coaches nightmares lol.

Good first half as a team.
Brochu continues to carry the ball. I guess he gets 2 outts 3 this weekend but the other start is the one Im most interested in. .
Never pair Merkley with Keane.
Steklov is improving defensively.
Skinner is solid bak there.
Thought Montgomery got his first gosal.
Not a bad looking d going forward.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
PP31,

Could it be possible that we could use a guy like Thomas Harley?? I just don’t like Ryan Merkley being our No. 1 option back there offensively, and Alec Regula can go back to being a defensive stud if a guy like Harley was there. If Regula wants offense he can get it on the PP. Demote Merkley down to the second line, and Harley can go on the first line. Harley can defend so that also helps to why he would get the top line and top minutes.

Less Merkley on the ice, less mistakes and Merkley can run the PP with Harley like Bouchard and Boqvist did last year.

Wish list: Thomas Harley, Arthur Kaliyev
Trade Bait: Sahill Panwar, Gerard Keane, Stuart Rolofs (if necessary) and have a boatload of picks.

Harley - Regula
Merkley - Skinner
Winslow - Montgomery

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
I wouldn't go so far as to say the dirtiest team, the rules are in place and Sarnia are within the rule boundaries set up by CHL. It's a shame junior players are caught in the middle while in the process of furthering their hockey development and careers. Who ever said London always get their player for dirt cheap.

I just hope for Dylan Myskiw's sake Sarnia puts his future first and find a place soon before his season goes to waste
I didn't say dirtiest I said dooshiest... and the fact they "played by the rules " doesn't change that. You took him so play him.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Tjziel..... JMO but Regula can and will keep looking to add offense from tbe backend. And rightfully so.
London staff loves to enable the D to contribute based on skill level of each player. Many have the green light to get active in the O zone and with the O game ( rush, carry, pinch, forecheck ect....) Been that way for a while.
Merkleys issue is it happens all the time regardless of risk/reward and he gets caught alot. And has a lackidasical attitude when working back. Is what it is.
But I agree he shouldnt be a top 2 D.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Great all around game tonight. Steklov was a beast on the back end. McMichael and Evangelista continue to be our best duo up front. I still feel like one of Tymkin or Nelson has got to go to make room for Panwar or Rolofs to get playing time. Am I the only one who finds it strange that our 3rd 03 pick this past year is the only one of the 3 getting playing time? I know Mailloux needs time in Jr B but Rolofs has barely had a sniff of major junior thus far.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London 5 - 1 over Saginaw

London best overall team defense effort of this season , and to me it means their best game yet. What I always stresses is to push back when their opponents start to push, that's exactly what they have done all night on this game and that mean never letting up from beginning to end.

Honorable mentions for their extra defensive plays in this game, players that (done extra) and took away sure scoring chances

- Brice Montgomery - solid and dependable, slap a "No For Sale" sign on this kid he should be here for the long haul
- Kirill Steklov, strong defensive performance and made himself visible every shift
- Brochu/Regula/Evangelista/McMichael/Guskov and Moskal

Again overall team play defense and offense was their absolute best game tonight of this young season

I am not sure if Stranges had any points tonight or not, I'd say right now this game including all of last year's was his best team game as a London Knights, noticed I said "team game" he made great passes to his teammates on the ice when most time would not or shoot at the wrong time or angle when a teammate had a better position to shoot on net. Not tonight he made his line-mates better by not selfishly play to himself, contrast to what we were accustomed to see from him. "If" this is our new Antonio Stranges of the future I want to extend him a big welcome to London he may have finally arrived. With all this skills he has, lookout here comes Patrick Kane/Mitch Marner , oh no ! I mean Antonio Srtanges

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I didn't say dirtiest I said dooshiest... and the fact they "played by the rules " doesn't change that. You took him so play him.

Oh please don't take it too personal ! I know you wrote dooshiest, and probably know why too, but no matter how it's written it wouldn't change the meaning of the post itself

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I said it 3 weeks ago and I still think McCue has passed a couple players in his Knights draft class as well as the year before group here.
Still lots of time for it to change but I like the kids game so far (he is ahead of McGurn/Roloffs/Panwar etal...JMO) Hopefully he pushes the others to step up.

Still high on Mailloux as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad