London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
What I don’t understand is if Myskiw isn’t interested in playing for a bad team, why is he auditioning with a team in last place in its division?

Reactions: Ferda11

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Some good reading for a Friday afternoon.
No article from the K-W Record would be complete without a shot or two at London.

The OHL 21

Reactions: zman77
London doesn't need him that badly.....they can sit on it and make Sarnia look like a bunch of jack@$$&$!
If the kid has pretty much stated London or nowhere by practicing with the team...throw them a 15th rounder for him. The kid will just go to Western and play for the Stangs. London actually has the upper hand here and doesn't even have to pitch anything more than a late round pick to Sarnia. Finding a buyer for Kooy is the harder task

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
I don't know the situation but they are not obligated by some special code to trade him to London cause that's where he wants to go
Maybe not, but there's a reason that players pick certain OHL clubs over NCAA or other options. I think it's a poor look for the organization if they just claim him with no intention of letting him play. I'd expect that may come back to bite them later on when recruiting.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
London legitimately did this exact thing a few years ago with Brendan Burke. Guelph was last & claimed him then London traded for him before he even played a game. But sure let's be upset that Sarnia saw an asset & decided to claim him.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I don't know the situation but they are not obligated by some special code to trade him to London cause that's where he wants to go

I don't think anyones saying that. It's more that people are mad that this is the kid's life and potential livelyhood going forward (his last year to earn a pro contract). And Sarnia claimed with with absolutely no intention of ever playing him (They already gave Gaudreau/Langevin and Lamour coming back soon).

Is it within Sarnia's right to claim him? For sure.

Is it still a scumbag move to make a kid sit out 2+ weeks because you won't play him and also won't release him because you think you might be able to get a 7th round pick out of it eventually? Oh hell yeah it is.

If Sarnia claimed him and traded him to whoever the next day, smart move and it makes a ton of sense. But to force a kid to sit out because you're willing to leverage his potential career for a 7th round pick is messed up, if you ask me

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
I don't think anyones saying that. It's more that people are mad that this is the kid's life and potential livelyhood going forward (his last year to earn a pro contract). And Sarnia claimed with with absolutely no intention of ever playing him (They already gave Gaudreau/Langevin and Lamour coming back soon).

Is it within Sarnia's right to claim him? For sure.

Is it still a ******* move to make a kid sit out 2+ weeks because you won't play him and also won't release him because you think you might be able to get a 7th round pick out of it eventually? Oh hell yeah it is.

If Sarnia claimed him and traded him to whoever the next day, smart move and it makes a ton of sense. But to force a kid to sit out because you're willing to leverage his potential career for a 7th round pick is messed up, if you ask me
This ^^^. I firmly believe this is the sort of thing that inevitably comes back to bite the franchise.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
This ^^^. I firmly believe this is the sort of thing that inevitably comes back to bite the franchise.
I see what you guys are saying & i don't totally disagree. But clearly Myskiw only wants to play for London. These kids that think they can just pick & choose where they wanna play need to learn. It's BS. If all he wants to do is play then it shouldn't matter where the team is in the standings.

I see what you guys are saying & i don't totally disagree. But clearly Myskiw only wants to play for London. These kids that think they can just pick & choose where they wanna play need to learn. It's BS. If all he wants to do is play then it shouldn't matter where the team is in the standings.
refer to my bad teams post for the reason he probably doesn't want to play in Sarnia

Bad teams by definition go deeper than their record's on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad