London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
What is that? Is that a special kind of muscle?

Gang Green:
Functional Muscle is when you're lying on the couch with a greasy big bag of Potato Chips
on your belly and you don't have to move an inch except to shove them down your gullet.
Functional Muscle is when a player trains specific to that sport.
Having big muscles doesn't make a good hockey player.
Having a big belly is functional for someone who likes eating greasy chips. ;)

Reactions: LDN

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
Liam Foudy's stock has risen dramatically in the past 4 months or so.
10 Reasons:
1. He scored 19 goals after Christmas
2. He was the #1 Athlete overall at the 'Prospects Testing Combine.'
3. Foudy had an excellent attitude playing for the Knights while sitting on the 4th Line.
4. He'll put on 12-15 lbs of 'functional-quality muscle' over the summer and will be a force.
5. He's playing on the #1 Line for Team Canada at the U18 World Championship.
6. Foudy plays in the toughest Conference in the World.............OHL West.
7. Mom and Dad competed at the highest levels in their athletic events...........DNA strong.
8. Fastest skater in this NHL Draft 2018...............probably!!
9. Foudy performed very well when he was slotted in a Top 6 role for the Knights.
10. Foudy will get every opportunity to play for Team Canada U20 team.

imho:
I see Foudy picked between the 25th-45th slot.
The scouts see excellent upside with Liam Foudy.
The game is all about quickness, speed, smarts and skill.
He will get tougher as he fills out to around 185-190 lbs or so.

I like that you brought up his positive attitude. One thing that isn't talked about enough when it comes to foudy is how coachable he is. Last year and the beginning of this year he looked lost and there were points where his his feet just stopped moving. Since December he looked like he belongs. Maybe he was overshadowed being on the bottom 6??

His fore-checking is good and can become great as it has improved this much in 2 seasons. His play in his own end needs extra work but the skills aren't out of reach. The guy is smart and will start learning and grasping more as he matures.

He will continue to grow and in a couple years could become one of the strongest players in the league. I expect him to come back smarter, bigger and more experienced from pro camps and international tournaments. IMO not next season but the year after he will be on the WJC team. But get a tryout next year

I still see him going in the late 2nd maybe early 3rd

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Knights should try to bring in the Krygier Twins:
Cole Krygier
Christian Krygier
Good size, both play Left D. Both committed to Wisconsin and both rated for the draft(I think they both will get drafted)
I think if we added them and Alex Vlasic
We could have an amazing D core.
Left - Right
Vlasic -Bouchard
Cole Krygier-Regula
Christian Krygier-Perrott
Thats a mobile defence with good size!

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think the Knights should try to bring in the Krygier Twins:
Cole Krygier
Christian Krygier
Good size, both play Left D. Both committed to Wisconsin and both rated for the draft(I think they both will get drafted)
I think if we added them and Alex Vlasic
We could have an amazing D core.
Left - Right
Vlasic -Bouchard
Cole Krygier-Regula
Christian Krygier-Perrott
Thats a mobile defence with good size!

First thing the Knights will need to do is make room, they will need to put some young defensemen on trading market for draft picks. They have some excellent young men up and rising and ready to make their marks in the O , players like Ryan Banks and Liam Whittaker and also in their lineup now Coome and Fallowfield. The Knights have their work cut out for this coming fall on the front line as well, I see around six to eight trades both on defense and on offence before it’s all done with. Big year is coming for the London Knights this coming season.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
London Rookie Camp this weekend.
April 21 & 22 at the Bud.

Saturday's Schedule:
· 10:20AM – 11:10AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD
· 11:10 AM: FLOOD
· 11:40 AM -12:30PM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD

Sunday's Schedule:
· 9:30 AM – 10:20 AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD
· 10:20 AM: FLOOD
· 10:30 AM – 11:20 AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD

Thank me later.....

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London Rookie Camp this weekend.
April 21 & 22 at the Bud.

Saturday's Schedule:
· 10:20AM – 11:10AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD
· 11:10 AM: FLOOD
· 11:40 AM -12:30PM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD

Sunday's Schedule:
· 9:30 AM – 10:20 AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD
· 10:20 AM: FLOOD
· 10:30 AM – 11:20 AM: TEAM GREEN VS TEAM GOLD

Thank me later.....
THANK YOU. Will you post the rosters?? Also is anyone going to attend??

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I will probably 11.40 game as I have to take foster kid for visit and won't be back to town until 11.30 ish

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
6SvgDEVG_bigger.jpg
CrossBarr Consulting‏ @Cross_Barr Apr 17

Rewatching the London Owen Sounds series.
Billy Moskal looks good! He’ll have a big upcoming season.
Foudy’s skating is right at the top of the draft.
He creates dangerous rushes out of thin air.
Alec Regula is a bit underrated.
Bouchard sees the ice tremendously well

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
6SvgDEVG_bigger.jpg
CrossBarr Consulting‏ @Cross_Barr Apr 17

Rewatching the London Owen Sounds series.
Billy Moskal looks good! He’ll have a big upcoming season.
Foudy’s skating is right at the top of the draft.
He creates dangerous rushes out of thin air.
Alec Regula is a bit underrated.
Bouchard sees the ice tremendously well
Is Moskal a 1C or a 2C?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
0dnF1ZSv_bigger.jpg
Dylan Galloway‏ @dylangalloway_ Apr 16

Liam Foudy shot up from 91 to 19 as well.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, keep your eye on this kid.
He's been really impressive for the Knights and his growth just within
this season was really fun to watch!

#NHLDraft

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Is Moskal a 1C or a 2C?
Moskal is a very special hockey player that excel at every task asking of him, meaning he will center your top first line or your bottom fourth line and do his jobs very well at either places. Players like him do comes around every so often in the NHL but they are of rare breeds. Every team has their top offensive players and their best defensive players and the rest are their middle group, well Moskal would be the best of the best on both side of puck of that middle group is how best describe him.

Best place for a player like him is reserved at center on your best defensive line playing against the best line or best player from the oppositions and on your special teams like on the pps and on pks. He's your go to man and your to do man, do every thing for the team and for the coaches. Players like him just on efforts alone rarely have bad games, they are very consistents and will gjve their 100% everytiime. IMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
He needs to step up on dee zone coverage as often times he loses his man. A lot of people forget a lot of these kids were rookies last year because they didn’t play in the OHL last year

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

horner

May 22, 2007
Moskal is a very special hockey player that excel at every task asking of him, meaning he will center your top first line or your bottom fourth line and do his jobs very well at either places. Players like him do comes around every so often in the NHL but they are of rare breeds. Every team has their top offensive players and their best defensive players and the rest are their middle group, well Moskal would be the best of the best on both side of puck of that middle group is how best describe him.

Best place for a player like him is reserved at center on your best defensive line playing against the best line or best player from the oppositions and on your special teams like on the pps and on pks. He's your go to man and your to do man, do every thing for the team and for the coaches. Players like him just on efforts alone rarely have bad games, they are very consistents and will gjve their 100% everytiime. IMHO
Really want the Maple Leafs to draft him.
Babs would love this kid.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He needs to step up on dee zone coverage as often times he loses his man. A lot of people forget a lot of these kids were rookies last year because they didn’t play in the OHL last year

I am looking at my age now, there are absolutely noway am I forgeting these young men are still kids. I have seen the likes of Dave Keon and of Bob Gainey kinds, their brands of hockey is recognisable and have played on many Stanley cup winning teams. The last two season Pitsburg had Matt Cullen to steady the ship while Crosby/Kessel and co. were doing the damage up front. Moskal's style, although still very young, resemble much to that of Jonathan Toews of Chicago or Patrice Bergeron of Boston and we all know how instrumental they were in their Stanley cup victories. I tend to respectfully deffer on your analyste of Moskal lacking on his d-zone and man on man coverage, one needs to follow up his every moves on the ice to really appreciate his plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad