London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Parsons has been sent back

One down how many more to go four? Tkachuk, Juolevi, Jones and Roslovic. Marner sticks but what about Dvorak for an overage year? :laugh:

Parsons back sooner rather than later is great, he can make up for a lot of the other unanswered holes by stealing a win or two while we wait to get the big boys back or realize we need to go shopping.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
One down how many more to go four? Tkachuk, Juolevi, Jones and Roslovic. Marner sticks but what about Dvorak for an overage year? :laugh:

Parsons back sooner rather than later is great, he can make up for a lot of the other unanswered holes by stealing a win or two while we wait to get the big boys back or realize we need to go shopping.

It sounds like Roslovic is playing really well at camp. I would bet he plays in the AHL this year.

My guess on Tkachuk is that he sticks for 9 games and is sent back.

If we don't get either this might not be a contending year. We'd need to buy two first-line quality forwards, IMO.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It sounds like Roslovic is playing really well at camp. I would bet he plays in the AHL this year.

If we don't get either this might not be a contending year. We'd need to buy two first-line quality forwards, IMO.

Your right, Roslovic has been playing well, and i dont think the staff thinks hes London bound.
Theyve thought this for a while.

Tkachuk? I got no idea but hope hes back

fansince65

Sep 4, 2015
Watched Juolevi play against the Sharks last night , he was one of the best "D" men on the ice , he is playing like he said he would , trying for that spot on the team , he just could stick for a longer look ..

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It appears that Max Jones has been sidelined with a shoulder injury which is likely delaying his return to the Knights (and keeping him on the Anaheim roster for now). The seriousness of the injury was not disclosed. See Anaheim Ducks website on HB, Thread: "Ducks 2016 Training Camp", pg. 7, post #152.
As for forwards remaining at NHL camps:
Jones, Tkachuk, Marner, Roslovic. I think it's fair to say that we need at least 2 of those 4 players assigned to London which would then put us in a decent position to trade for added depth up front (and on defence).
I don't like our chances if "only" Jones (of the 4 listed above) is here.
My guess is that Tkachuk will likely start the season in Calgary--that team is very thin up front, and Tkachuk has been receiving top line (or top 6) minutes in exhibition games. He's also producing, and not looking out of place. Not sure if he'll remain with the big club.
Marner is gone.
I think Roslovic has only appeared in one exhibition game--I haven't read anything to suggest that he is in the mix to stick with Winnipeg. The question is: AHL or London?
It's now in the hands of the hockey gods. :bolts

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

As a Flames fan, I could see Tkachuk starting the season with the Flames, seeing how he plays then gauging if he's sent back to London. I know he's been getting a lot of ice time with Bennett so should be interesting to see if they keep this pairing going into the season.

Either way it's great to see an impressive young lineup in Calgary which should prove to make Calgary a great contender in the next couple of years with Gaudreau (hopefully), Monahan, Bennett, Tkackuk and Hamilton leading the pack.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
It appears that Max Jones has been sidelined with a shoulder injury which is likely delaying his return to the Knights (and keeping him on the Anaheim roster for now). The seriousness of the injury was not disclosed. See Anaheim Ducks website on HB, Thread: "Ducks 2016 Training Camp", pg. 7, post #152.
As for forwards remaining at NHL camps:
Jones, Tkachuk, Marner, Roslovic. I think it's fair to say that we need at least 2 of those 4 players assigned to London which would then put us in a decent position to trade for added depth up front (and on defence).
I don't like our chances if "only" Jones (of the 4 listed above) is here.
My guess is that Tkachuk will likely start the season in Calgary--that team is very thin up front, and Tkachuk has been receiving top line (or top 6) minutes in exhibition games. He's also producing, and not looking out of place. Not sure if he'll remain with the big club.
Marner is gone.
I think Roslovic has only appeared in one exhibition game--I haven't read anything to suggest that he is in the mix to stick with Winnipeg. The question is: AHL or London?
It's now in the hands of the hockey gods. :bolts

The fact Gaudreau is sitting out over a contract dispute will only help Tkachuk.

The Jets fans seems to think that if Roslovic isn't in the NHL he'll be in the AHL. I don't expect to see him or Marner this season. Tkachuk I figured would get sent back but now I'm not so sure.

If it's just Jones who comes back management will need to come up with something.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The fact Gaudreau is sitting out over a contract dispute will only help Tkachuk.

The Jets fans seems to think that if Roslovic isn't in the NHL he'll be in the AHL. I don't expect to see him or Marner this season. Tkachuk I figured would get sent back but now I'm not so sure.

If it's just Jones who comes back management will need to come up with something.

Exactly. This will be the huge challenge management will face. Here's some early, speculative thoughts (I'm bored...).
Let's assume, among the forwards, only Jones returns:

Forwards:
1. Jones
2. Pu
3. Kuokkanen
4. Thomas
5. Piccinich *
6. MacDonald *
7. Yakimowicz * [one of the three OA forwards could be gone]
8. Formenton
9. Miletic
10. Foudy 11. Tymkin 12. Moskal 13. Nelson

That's a good lineup, but not good enough to win it all.
Then it becomes a question of whether we make moves to try to push us over the top this season.
As for the defence:
1. Juolevi
2. Mete
3. Crawley
4. Bouchard/5. Martenet * [depends on whether Martenet (OA) gets moved]
---------------
Top 4 will need to be improved, and that shouldn't be too difficult.
Third pairing... +
6. Mattinen
7. Golden
8. Blacker

I would not be comfortable with two rookies as the third pairing (e.g. Golden and Blacker). So we need to acquire depth, possibly one experienced d-man who could easily step into the 'top 4', and at the very least, a third pairing that includes at least one non-rookie.
Goaltending: Parsons (backup: Johnson).

Carry on...I found something else to do. :naughty:

4kmm4

Jun 12, 2013
What happened to channels 368/369 on Rogers?
Usually could watch some out of town games.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I was wondering the same thing until yesterday I noticed (and watched) the Ottawa/Flint game on channel 368 in HD.

We use to get OHL games on 368 last season in KW but they have different programming so far this season.
They had that Flint/Ottawa game on a Sportsnet channel yesterday.

DirtyGino

Oct 8, 2014
Well it looks like our boy Marner is finally coming into his own in the big leagues. I watched last night's game and saw his patented inside out move where he goes to one side and flips the puck around the defender on the opposite side. Thing of beauty and he's only going to get better and more confident as time goes by. I say there's about a 4% chance he comes back.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With a boatload of picks and Mark Hunter's fingers still in the pie I'm not the least bit worried that this team won't be the team to beat come the deadline.

#DefendTheCup

Yes for sure, wouldn't it be kind of silly not to defend the cup with all this experienced talents in your lineup and cupboard full of draft picks. Especially one of your biggest feuding neighbor and ravelry over the years is hold the show in it's own backyard, a chance of a lifetime to breakup their party, heck yes I am with PP. "The cost to defend the Memorial Cup would be well worthy"

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
I would have liked to have seen Sherwood stay until we figure out what happens with Tkachuk and Roslovic. If neither comes to London this year we only have 5 legit top 6 forwards on the team - Jones, Pu, Kuokkanen, Piccinich, Thomas. And I would rather have Sherwood in my top 6 than Thomas at this point. We need both of those guys in our lineup to make me understand why Sherwood was moved.

Sherwood is a 40 goal guy this year, bank it. It will cost a lot more than 2 seconds to get a player of his calibre at the deadline.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Was just listening to Hockey Central at Noon, and they had local Calgary writer Eric Francis (not sure of how reputable he is), but when asked about Tkachuk, he said that he was playing well. He added though, that he is looking physically overmatched to play the style of game he plays at the NHL level. He expected him to get the cup of tea (6 to 9 games) but get sent down.

I would have liked to have seen Sherwood stay until we figure out what happens with Tkachuk and Roslovic. If neither comes to London this year we only have 5 legit top 6 forwards on the team - Jones, Pu, Kuokkanen, Piccinich, Thomas. And I would rather have Sherwood in my top 6 than Thomas at this point. We need both of those guys in our lineup to make me understand why Sherwood was moved.

Sherwood is a 40 goal guy this year, bank it. It will cost a lot more than 2 seconds to get a player of his calibre at the deadline.

Being on the outside we don't know the variables that went into the trade. Sherwood took last year in stride as was reported..but did he really? When all is said and done it could very well be that Sherwood requested a move and the team found a suitor and granted his wish.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Marner is gone.

For sure. He has improved his first 3 steps and top end speed, its pretty noticeable from my perspective. At one point in last nights game, he exploded from his own zone around the circles to beyond center ice, he was skating at 100% its as if he had read people talk about his skating and he was showing exactly what he was capable of in those 3-4 seconds. Im not gonna lie, that explosiveness he showed had my eyes kind of beaming. Its only a matter of time or stubborness by Babcock before he is playing with Matthews who is the only one on the Leafs team with an IQ/focus on Marners level. As his shot gets harder and he balances playmaker/shooter, he is going to dominate.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
For sure. He has improved his first 3 steps and top end speed, its pretty noticeable from my perspective. At one point in last nights game, he exploded from his own zone around the circles to beyond center ice, he was skating at 100% its as if he had read people talk about his skating and he was showing exactly what he was capable of in those 3-4 seconds. Im not gonna lie, that explosiveness he showed had my eyes kind of beaming. Its only a matter of time or stubborness by Babcock before he is playing with Matthews who is the only one on the Leafs team with an IQ/focus on Marners level. As his shot gets harder and he balances playmaker/shooter, he is going to dominate.

With all due respect, Marner is still not playing with all NHL caliber players, many of these players are still CHL, AHL and ECHL. You may well be right about Marner, but let's see how he does in regular scheduled games against full NHL players lineups, see if his speed will compensate for his lack of weight and strength. The Leafs site reported of four forwards ahead of him on the Leafs rookie chart before the start of the big camp. I don't know if they want to load their roster with that many rookies, they will have decision to make, risk to lose some players to waivers before sending them back to AHL, lose some of them to trades or send some back to their junior teams.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Roslovic with the least ice tonight out of any player (him and Copp only had around 9 minutes, while the next closest player had 17 minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad