London Knights 2015 Off-Season Thread (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunkenDogNuts

Jul 27, 2015
I remember going to games at the Ice House when they had the purple jersey (I'm 28), what an improvement the JLC was. If I still lived in London I'd be going to games as much as possible. Living in Victoria these days and the Royals are pretty meh. Knights will always be my #1 hockey club.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I remember going to games at the Ice House when they had the purple jersey (I'm 28), what an improvement the JLC was. If I still lived in London I'd be going to games as much as possible. Living in Victoria these days and the Royals are pretty meh. Knights will always be my #1 hockey club.

I, too, have a Victoria/London connection...In my case, born in London, lived in Victoria four years, K-grade 3, and then moved back to London. The first junior hockey game that I attended was New Westminster Bruins vs Victoria Cougars. Victoria's captain was Curt Fraser who went on to play in the NHL for Vancouver and Chicago. Wow, that was a long time ago...even before Grant Fuhr starred with the Cougars. My allegiance is with the Knights---they're the only sports team I cheer for. And, yes, the Bud (formerly JLC) is sold out for games, and has a great atmosphere.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nelli

Here is an interesting fact
While the Knights will have at least 12 American born players in their roster this coming season, the Spitfires will have 5 Russian players at camp
1 is American born Russian-Fedulov, 1-Belarus-Troublin, Vertiy,Sergechev and Guidorov are from Russia.
Troublin, Vertiy, and Guidorov came to Ontario to play and not drafted in the Euro draft, while Sergechev is the only Russian import.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Nelli

Here is an interesting fact
While the Knights will have at least 12 American born players in their roster this coming season, the Spitfires will have 5 Russian players at camp
1 is American born Russian-Fedulov, 1-Belarus-Troublin, Vertiy,Sergechev and Guidorov are from Russia.
Troublin, Vertiy, and Guidorov came to Ontario to play and not drafted in the Euro draft, while Sergechev is the only Russian import.

HL,

With all those Russians on the ice, I hope someone from the Spits' organization has explained to them that they shouldn't skate off the ice after they hear the Canadian anthem. :naughty:
Secondly, I think that it would be nice to welcome them to Windsor. So, what I'd like you to do is bring a large Ukraine flag to the minicamp, hold it up against the glass, and OHLTG can bring a sign that says "Putin sucks monkey..." (well, I'm not allowed to finish that sentence on the message board). Don't hesitate to give them the finger, it is actually a friendly gesture in Russia meaning "welcome to our city". Let me know how it goes, I'll be down at the Bud whistling the star, spangled banner. :nod:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Nelli

Ha, ha, I will pass on your greetings for our comrades lol. Enjoy your warbling

HL,
you know me, anything for a cheap laugh. No, I messed that up. I should have said that the Canadian anthem will be played at the end of the Spits' minicamp to let the Russian players know when to leave the ice. My jokes need work.
On a serious note, I am looking forward to checking out your Russian import on D--he sounds like the real deal. The additions of the Import and Fischer should give the club a boost.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Nelli

You are right Fischer and the Russian import definitely adds to the mix
One thing I forgot to add, all the Russians but probably think Putin is something you put with fries and gravy lol

Trekca99

Aug 30, 2015
Hey there, change of topic here. I have finally secured season tickets (after 10 years on the list.) I have a little one coming next month so I wont be able to attend a lot of games so I will be selling a bunch off. I haven't followed much about next season but am wondering if there are a few "can't miss games" that I should be keeping. I know the Knights are going to be good, but what other teams should be near the top?

Thanks in advance for any info.

RA

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
In the West, i think SSM, Sarnia, Erie, and possibly Kitchener, Windsor, and Saginaw will be good. Flint, Owen Sound, and Guelph look to be rebuilding.

I dont know as much about the East but I would try to make it to games against Niagara.

Hey there, change of topic here. I have finally secured season tickets (after 10 years on the list.) I have a little one coming next month so I wont be able to attend a lot of games so I will be selling a bunch off. I haven't followed much about next season but am wondering if there are a few "can't miss games" that I should be keeping. I know the Knights are going to be good, but what other teams should be near the top?

RA
Welcome to the board..and welcome to the STH Family.

Can't miss games?....all 34 :D

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012

RA

It is hard to tell at this point in the season what games are going to mean a lot, for those you have to wait and see, at this point I would say home opener for sure, the Teddy bear toss game is always a sight to see, try and make it to some games when the NHL camps end as the first few games it's highly unlikely you see Marner,Dvorak et al. Besides that at least try to make it to one of each of the "Rivalry games" Windsor, Kitchener, Guelph etc. and Personally if I knew I was going to miss some games I would check the Sports net schedule and strike those ones first! I HATE Sportsnet games!

Trekca99

Aug 30, 2015
It is hard to tell at this point in the season what games are going to mean a lot, for those you have to wait and see, at this point I would say home opener for sure, the Teddy bear toss game is always a sight to see, try and make it to some games when the NHL camps end as the first few games it's highly unlikely you see Marner,Dvorak et al. Besides that at least try to make it to one of each of the "Rivalry games" Windsor, Kitchener, Guelph etc. and Personally if I knew I was going to miss some games I would check the Sports net schedule and strike those ones first! I HATE Sportsnet games!

When's the Teddy Bear toss this season?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Teddy bear toss is definitely a go to. It'll be marked on your tics.
Erie, SSM, Kitchener and there always is one team (seemingly new every couple years that the temp is turned up for- Kit, then Spits, then OS, just a revolving door based on matchups)
Niagara, Windsor maybe.
Personally I'd get to as many as possible and hold off on selling til a week before. There's a season tic exchange so you won't get left holding em. As stated it's not always easy to know the "gotta see" games are early.
And the much hyped games often end up just hype.
I missed a bunch first half last year with hockey and probly will this year. I usually just give my seat up to someone in my section.

Good luck

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If your into the star player thing, more than the team, skip the games around Xmas except teddy bear toss. Chances ar. London will be without a few A list players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad