London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
I tried to ask this before does anyone know when the NCAA and Werenski will be finished? IMO I could see him coming after he completes his season at Michigan? No way he goes back there for another season so if your done playing hockey in the NCAA and your not finishing your degree at this point as well and the Knights are shooting for a Memorial Cup berth why not report? I understand he will lose his eligibility but I can't see him back there anyway? :)

The contrarian viewpoint would be;

- he is already playing with and against men in the NCAA, why would he decide to go back to junior and play and against boys?
- like a lot of NCAA guys, they play 3 years and then finish their degree part-time after they have turned pro....maybe he wants to get his degree?
- as an American, what does winning the Mem Cup really mean to him? I suspect after being at Michigan now almost 2 years, an NCAA Championship is the real prize.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

- he is already playing with and against men in the NCAA, why would he decide to go back to junior and play and against boys?
- like a lot of NCAA guys, they play 3 years and then finish their degree part-time after they have turned pro....maybe he wants to get his degree?
- as an American, what does winning the Mem Cup really mean to him? I suspect after being at Michigan now almost 2 years, an NCAA Championship is the real prize.

Yup, there's 0.1% ( love that number ;)) they'd show after a full season with the pros a couple months away.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

All fair points and I think what makes him a little trickier is he has not signed. Personally I think NHL Teams like the Canadian Junior Players as it is the best league in the world to prepare them for the NHL game. It is the quickest route albeit the phenom will be there early regardless and perhaps Werenski is that guy? The travel, the intensity, the big crowds, the pressure to perform is extreme. If I was Columbus and I had control of him and he was finished in Michigan early that would be exactly where I would want him to be? Sigh......a lot of "ands" in that sentence....Lol

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Chad...........26 Goals 25 Assists = 51 Points in 190 OHL Games...........376 PIM

Paxton......... 2 Points in 36 OHL Games.............100 PIM

Yak.............22 Goals 28 Assists = 50 Points in 136 OHL Games...........214 PIM

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He might have.. I didn't watch game. But Erie was ahead 7-2 I believe when the "fights" broke out. So was he just doing what he normally does or sometimes like Yak was he just mixing it up in a lossed caused game. Not sure. He is annoying to play against but was starting to come off the rails yesterday as did the Sudbury team. Must have been the afternoon game.. No sleep had them cranky
It was 4-2 or 5-2 when Marchment fought for a very chirpy Stome. (was an invisible assassin when not chirping - would have loved to see a sudbury '98 fill his face)
Heff is a 60 min guy; score, no matter
The game turned ugly after Dermitt? or Raddysh? bloodied Levin's mouth with a forearm

Last edited:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
It was 4-2 or 5-2 when Marchment fought for a very chirpy Stome. (was an invisible assassin when not chirping - would have loved to see a sudbury '98 fill his face)
Heff is a 60 min guy; score, no matter

I was talking about the later fights. Late in the 3rd period, 8-2 game, he fought again. Then got kicked out for 2 fights in game

Crottenham

Jul 14, 2011
All fair points and I think what makes him a little trickier is he has not signed. Personally I think NHL Teams like the Canadian Junior Players as it is the best league in the world to prepare them for the NHL game. It is the quickest route albeit the phenom will be there early regardless and perhaps Werenski is that guy? The travel, the intensity, the big crowds, the pressure to perform is extreme. If I was Columbus and I had control of him and he was finished in Michigan early that would be exactly where I would want him to be? Sigh......a lot of "ands" in that sentence....Lol

The other "benefit" of him being in the NCAA is that if he does leave school after this season, he can still then go to the AHL while the Canadian kids are stuck in "no-man's land." For example, Marner will be too good for the CHL next season but in my opinion not strong enough physically to endure the rigours of the show...the AHL would be perfect for him next season, but it can't happen. Not sure if Werenski would be bound by the 4 year rule if he came to London this season?

Thanks for the reply, other posters might have bit my head off for not buying into the party line....

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
True. I think Crawley at least shows a little nastiness in the corners and in front of the net. Also has chipped in with some big goals. I think his skating ability is most of his problem. Jamieson is actually a pretty good skater just doesn't make the right plays and loses a lot (all) of battles.
By first pass do you mean icing the puck when talking about Martenet? lol

Glad you noticed that...when Martenet tries to break out of the zone it's iced usually or forced to the wrong side (you know, the side where two guys are covering the outlet) or skate to the blue line freezing forwards and then chipping it in turning over the puck. I think his main skills are using his reach effectively and that he can do at times pretty decently.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Definitely like our chances of getting out of the west. Sarnia and Windsor improved but not enough to overcome London. Kitchener is a strong deep team and tweaked their lineup a little bit, Liberati is their best acquisition they will be Knight's strongest challenge but London is better up front and are fairly even on defense and in net, Erie stood pat, they may have peaked early and have bunch of rookies mixed with veterans I think they are in trouble as the season progress and fatigue start settling in. After hard fought series in the west do we have enough for the East and the Memorial Cup ?

Last edited:

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Still think we needed 1 more on D thats a little disappointing

For a team SO loaded up front to continue to look at forwards rather than hunker down and buy up a solid D man could very well be what costs the Knights in the end. When the best of the League go up against the Knights D in the PO run they're going to get exposed and Parsons can't be expected to make up for that every game.

Geezer

Jan 10, 2016
Thomas, Sherwood, Yac, Miletic?? Are they speculating Jones gets hit hard with a suspension (10 Games) therefore the Hefferman deal to add tough winger? Just wondering what the thoughts are?

Geezer

Jan 10, 2016
Bouchard/Mattinen will rotate as the 7th...Thomas and Miletic will sit up front

Not bad depth to cover off some injuries etc. Is there a chance Bouchard or Mattinen move up or does Hunter Favour not playing his rooks even if they show much more promise than #5 or #6 D now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad