London Knights 2015-16 Season Thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I guess Konecny is off to the Rangers. Not official but it is floating around. No word on the return yet.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I guess Konecny is off to the Rangers. Not official but it is floating around. No word on the return yet.

That's too bad. Would have loved to see him here, but Bouchard is a stud and every day I increasingly don't want to see him moved.
Ottawa gearing up to host the 2018 Memorial Cup if it's pushed back a year. Have to think Meireles and 3-4 2nds at least.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So...another guy we lose out on?

Konecny is a guy you trade big for, and he was the only Centre worth getting that might return.

If we don't pick up Amadio now...

Kitchener has to be obvious favourites now, though. Deep and experienced forward group, very good defense and good goaltending.

The only advantage we hold over them is the top line.

Last edited:

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

Konecny is a guy you trade big for, and he was the only Centre worth getting that might return.

Kitchener has to be obvious favourites now, though. Deep and experienced forward group, very good defense and good goaltending.

Amadio, Wood and Werenski would be a great equalizer. We might need that now.
Hopefully losing 12-2 to a short handed Barrie team might push NB into sell mode.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
If Konecny is going to the Rangers Meireles has to be going the other way. The Rangers needed to do something. They haven't looked good the last few weeks.

As for Marner he wasn't great 5v5 but no one on Canada was.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Defence is our main priority, but if Basil is looking to add a forward, Amadio would be a good choice (or perhaps Sadowy or Studnicka).

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

And yet thru half season plus we were right there with them.

Let's not over value Ktown or Erie as teams.
Solid teams yup, built differently than London, yup.
Unbeatable, nope.

Still moves to be made by a couple teams. I still take our high end playmakers over theirs.
Just gotta add some pieces. :)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
And yet thru half season plus we were right there with them.

Let's not over value Ktown or Erie as teams.
Solid teams yup, built differently than London, yup.
Unbeatable, nope.

Still moves to be made by a couple teams. I still take our high end playmakers over theirs.
Just gotta add some pieces. :)

+ 1.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Let's take the D and C from Ott if they're selling?

OR

Another D or two oft mentioned here since spring ;)

Still options out there

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Options are running slim. Some of the best talent in the league has passed us by. I won't pass judgement till after the trade deadline, but this could turn into a huge failure for Basil.

Considering the assets we had, we needed to come out of the deadline with the best team on paper. Starting to think we won't be able to do that.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site

Experienced? You mean old. Lost in the first round last year, didn't make the playoffs the year before. And if there is anyone left from 2013, lost in 2nd round.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

What do you mean losing out ?

We didn't need him. Kitchener probably paid too much and he has prove nothing yet, he is above average but that is it.

We still got more fire-power up front, all we need to counter-act their move is get two solid Ds.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
The worst part of the Konecny deal is the amount of Ranger jerseys that are going to be in the Bud on March 6th lol

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Defence is our main priority, but if Basil is looking to add a forward, Amadio would be a good choice (or perhaps Sadowy or Studnicka).

I think Studnicka will wear the "C" the rest of the year in Ottawa.

I guess we will see what happens in Ottawa. Word was Konecny had asked to be dealt. He had differing opinions to Jeff Brown. I think it was the way he was being used and the system Ottawa was playing last year. It significantly developed Konecny's defensive game but it hurt his offensive game and that was one of the main reasons why he dropped so much in the draft.

So, is this just Brown getting something for a player that wanted out or is this step one of a fire sale? If it is a fire sale, you have to think there are a lot of decent assets available in Ottawa right now that other teams would covet quite a lot...

OA C- Sam Studkicka
D- Jacob Middleton
C- Dante Salituro
RW- Jeremiah Addison
Import D- Stepan Falkovsky

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I am more worried about them improving defense than adding even a player like Konecny.

If Marner and Dvorak are on separate lines during the playoffs, I think some of our depth problems will self-correct.

Konecny would have been nice, of course - but I will be more worried if Basil doesn't upgrade defense than I currently am that Kitchener has added Konecny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad