London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

new2sting

Sep 19, 2014
I thought it was the other way around. Grz is with the club the rest of the way, while Warren will bounce between the Nats and Knights. Is that not right?

I think Gleason will just have to accept that he and Nother will be alternating games as the #6 dman the rest of the season. With Mete possibly injured, they should both slot into the lineup. Next year they'll play bigger roles. I dont think Jamieson was happy with his PT last year either, but it worked out for him.

Grzelewski remains on the St Thomas roster. GOJHL transactions show Warren as out of the league and with the Knights.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It will be interesting what happens next year because I bet good $ that one of the import pick/1st round pick will be spent on a Defenceman, creating a replay of this situation next year. I don't believe London will spend both of those picks up front because there are too many bodies and you absolutely can't bump a Henderson/Grzelewski/Rymsha/Cliff out of the lineup. Their spots should be guaranteed.

I'll agree they've earned a shot, but if ya got a chance to ice a better team by replacing one or two of them with better fits for skill or role reasons you do it and move them.
I like the potential and think they're all OHL level talents but not the garaunteed PT level players. They have to earn it and spots up front could be tough come Sept if a couple USA Fs show.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I can't speak for others but sadly this team doesn't provide much in way of entertainment value for me. At times, I'm on the edge of my seat when the Domi, Marner, Dvorak line are out, and then there's really nothing to look forward to when lines 2 to 4 struggle to generate offence. I would like to see the offence spread out. Re-unite Rupert with Marner and Dvorak, and create a 'Domi' line (Domi, Sterk, Berisha perhaps???).
I'm certainly not critical of the effort from lines 2-4, they work hard, it's just the dearth of offensive output that frustrates the hell out of me.
Watch Fabbri, the re-incarnated Doughty return from injury to lead the Storm past the Knights in the first round of this year's playoffs! A little deja vu perhaps.

Nelli,
Can you guys take it easy on our Sting tonight.Last count was 9 reg's out sick or injured.Will have a better idea when lineups come out.If nothing else I hope it can be somewhat enetaining for you guys.Thanks in Advance.:help:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Nelli,
Can you guys take it easy on our Sting tonight.Last count was 9 reg's out sick or injured.Will have a better idea when lineups come out.If nothing else I hope it can be somewhat enetaining for you guys.Thanks in Advance.:help:

Massey,
I seem to recall that Sarnia had many regulars out in the last two games against us. I've read no Zacha tonight. Not happy about that as I've yet to see him play.
Hope Chychrun is in the lineup despite the effect it will have on Giugovaz---Giugi will be sweating/shaking more than a Suncor exec. :amazed:
It sure would be nice if someone from Lajeunesse's family could provide a scouting report on the Sarnia rookie. :naughty:

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Massey,
I seem to recall that Sarnia had many regulars out in the last two games against us. I've read no Zacha tonight. Not happy about that as I've yet to see him play.
Hope Chychrun is in the lineup despite the effect it will have on Giugovaz---Giugi will be sweating/shaking more than a Suncor exec. :amazed:
It sure would be nice if someone from Lajeunesse's family could provide a scouting report on the Sarnia rookie. :naughty:

Hope you enjoyed the game.Hey they tried with what they had.Hopefully Zacha will be back for the next game.He is worth the admission along with Chychrun.:nod:
What a joke on the family disguising issue.:rant:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Nother and Gleason both with very solid games. Jamieson looked really good as well. Tried to sneak a little offense in there.

At the rate the top 4 or 5 forwards are going they'll be drained by March 1. Lets try some kids on the PK and maybe cut down the full 2+ minutes PP shifts.

Giggy reminds me of Patterson... makes the easy saves look hard.

God I wish we had Churchyn. I could watch him play all day.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Post game thoughts:

Well, give credit where credit is due...some much needed secondary scoring tonight. In particular, it was great to see Pu score. Berisha chips in as well.
Lots of one-on-one battles between Chychrun and Domi, and the rookie d-man held his own.
Domi snake bitten.
Hunter back to some curious line juggling.
January 23rd--Sarnia, please bring your full roster.
Salinitri reminds me of a young Kadri (that's a compliment).
Sadly, the reason for Gleason's insertion into the lineup was because of Mete's injury, and not because the kid is deserving of some valuable playing time = Hunter logic.
#freeBenGleason.
Win or lose--I like the Knights work ethic this season.
Now to go contemplate life's more pressing issues like...
what in the hell happened to Hazel Mae?

Hedon rating: 7.5/10

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
what in the hell happened to Hazel Mae?

Hedon rating: 7.5/10

Where did you come up with that?? :laugh::laugh:

She is looking a little rough these days.

Gleason with a couple of nice outlet passes that almost end up in a couple of assists expect Domi couldn't finish off the passes from Marner.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Funny ya mention Jake, JL.Had the PVR going and pretty sure they zoomed in on Patterson and R Rupert at the game.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well they found a way to get over, and they needed that after last couple games.
That line (still not a fan but it's here to stay) will have some huge nights on the scoreboard.
Hopefully Mete is back next weekend.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Well they found a way to get over, and they needed that after last couple games.
That line (still not a fan but it's here to stay) will have some huge nights on the scoreboard.
Hopefully Mete is back next weekend.

Hope Mete is back on Tuesday night! Although I'd be disappointed if Gleason watches from the press box.
I can't help but wonder how many STHs ripped out the January 7th, "Kitchener vs London" ticket from their STH booklet in error--that was the game that was postponed so it is the next ticket in order. This happened to the guy who sits behind me last week when Erie was in town. He quickly tore out the Kitchener/London ticket without checking. I was going to call him a dumbass but refrained because sometimes he buys me a beer.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Well, for a good chunk of last night's game, Hunter finally broke up the Domi, Dvo, Marner line.....only problem was, he took Marner off the line instead of Domi! :shakehead

C'mon Dale....ya let's split up the two players who have greater chemistry than any other duo in the league....makes a ton of sense!!!

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Well, for a good chunk of last night's game, Hunter finally broke up the Domi, Dvo, Marner line.....only problem was, he took Marner off the line instead of Domi! :shakehead

C'mon Dale....ya let's split up the two players who have greater chemistry than any other duo in the league....makes a ton of sense!!!

See what drinking at the Wort does for you... voids you of all common sense.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So mid-season NHL Draft rankings came out and scouts seems to still have Mitch Marner outside the Top 5 amongst North American skaters. What would it take to get him at least in the Top 5?? Maybe put on more pounds I know, but he plays a complete game and lights it up offensively every night. I get that some players maybe more physically mature like Lawson Crouse or even Dylan Strome. But I think Chicago Blackhawks would still pick Patrick Kane before James VanRiemsdyk if they were to do the 2007 Draft over again..... That's just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad