Confirmed with Link: Lombardi To Phoenix for a conditional 4th

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Nice. Hopefully Nazem can be a mainstay in the top 6.

It'll be a bit weird though, with Connolly/MacArthur still around.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
vanRiedmsyk - Grabovski - MacArthur?
Kulemin - McClemment - Connolly/Kadri

Kule-Jay-Connolly sounds like a decent shutdown line.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end good for everyone. Good for Lombardi going somewhere he might get more icetime and good for the Leafs freeing up a roster spot and getting a pick on top of it.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
It looks like Frattin might be playing on the 4th line to start the year. I think Kadri is a lock for the top 9 as you can't forgo skill especially in a short season and let's face it, he's in game shape.

Same goes with Frattin, him on the 4th line isn't ideal but sure is an interesting dynamic. He's got the size so we don't have to worry about him getting out muscled.

Connolly has too much experience and is good defensively so I think he's going to be around until the deadline if we aren't in a playoff spot.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Connolly - Kadri - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - Frattin
Steckel Brown

I like the depth this group has. We can afford to have one or two of our top 6 guys go down to injury (which is likely this year) without too much of a problem.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
It looks like Frattin might be playing on the 4th line to start the year. I think Kadri is a lock for the top 9 as you can't forgo skill especially in a short season and let's face it, he's in game shape.

Same goes with Frattin, him on the 4th line isn't ideal but sure is an interesting dynamic. He's got the size so we don't have to worry about him getting out muscled.

Connolly has too much experience and is good defensively so I think he's going to be around until the deadline if we aren't in a playoff spot.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Steckel Brown

I like the depth this group has. We can afford to have one or two of our top 6 guys go down to injury (which is likely this year) without too much of a problem.

I think RC really likes Steckel. He will probably be higher on the pecking order.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Steckel Brown

Really doubt this is the lineup we go with. One of Kadri or Frattin has to be down in the A unless we can make another deal, because I do not see the point in playing either of them on the 4th line. It should be top 9 spot or the A.

It seems McClemment will be our #3 C to start the year, which means Steckel will be the #4 C. RC likes to play Connolly in a defensive role, so I assume he will be a part of McClemment's "shutdown" line. I expect the bottom 6 to be:

Connolly - McClemment - Kulemin/(Frattin/Kadri)
Komarov - Steckel - Brown/Mac

Which leaves Frattin/Kadri to play wing on the 2nd line with Grabo and JVR. I expect JVR/Lupul/Connolly to miss about 10-25 man games combined, so Kadri/Frattin (whoever is in the A) should get a pretty good look during the season.

One more season in the A can't hurt the kids that bad. If they do need to send Kadri to the A, I hope they sit him down, and make him understand that it was purely due to the numbers game and not his play.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Nice. Hopefully Nazem can be a mainstay in the top 6.

It'll be a bit weird though, with Connolly/MacArthur still around.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
vanRiedmsyk - Grabovski - MacArthur?
Kulemin - McClemment - Connolly/Kadri

Kule-Jay-Connolly sounds like a decent shutdown line.

I hate the idea of such a fragile softy like Connolly playing wing in the shut down line. I'd prefer to see him centering a line, TBH.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Really doubt this is the lineup we go with. One of Kadri or Frattin has to be down in the A unless we can make another deal, because I do not see the point in playing either of them on the 4th line. It should be top 9 spot or the A.

It seems McClemment will be our #3 C to start the year, which means Steckel will be the #4 C. RC likes to play Connolly in a defensive role, so I assume he will be a part of McClemment's "shutdown" line. I expect the bottom 6 to be:

Connolly - McClemment - Kulemin/(Frattin/Kadri)
Komarov - Steckel - Brown/Mac

Which leaves Frattin/Kadri to play wing on the 2nd line with Grabo and JVR. I expect JVR/Lupul/Connolly to miss about 10-25 man games combined, so Kadri/Frattin (whoever is in the A) should get a pretty good look during the season.

One more season in the A can't hurt the kids that bad. If they do need to send Kadri to the A, I hope they sit him down, and make him understand that it was purely due to the numbers game and not his play.

Carlyle did say that he'll be asking guys to play a different role than they are accustomed to due to the type of season we're about to have.

Normally I would agree with you 100% but remember, this is not going to be the same kind of season you would normally see.

We are going to need skill on all 4 lines and will need to roll all 4 constantly. I think the 4th line will see north of 10-12 minutes every night.

Rymistri

Jun 17, 2011
Ottawa
Does anyone know (and I apologize if this has been said) how the conditional 4th round pick in the original Lombardi trade with Nashville is (or isn't) affected by this trade?

If he played more the 60 games last year and this year then we send Nashville a 4th in the upcoming draft. If not then they send us a 4th in the same draft.

I am curious now that he is no longer on the Leafs, if he needs to play 60 for Phoenix or if he needed to play 60 and 60 for T.O

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone know (and I apologize if this has been said) how the conditional 4th round pick in the original Lombardi trade with Nashville is (or isn't) affected by this trade?

If he played more the 60 games last year and this year then we send Nashville a 4th in the upcoming draft. If not then they send us a 4th in the same draft.

I am curious now that he is no longer on the Leafs, if he needs to play 60 for Phoenix or if he needed to play 60 and 60 for T.O

I believe our 4th rounder goes to Nashville this year. My understanding of the condition was that if Lombardi played 60 games over the two seasons we would lose our pick and he played 62 last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00