Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Like I was saying he's done

Just did us a favor dumb 2 year deal washed out thankfully

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
No surprise. Lombardi really loved life in Switzerland. Wish him well.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
wrong topic I know, but is/was there a deadline for them to ELC Dallas Valentine?

He's already back playing in juniors, so I would guess that window has closed.

Not real surprising on Lombardi. Wish him well.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I posted this on 10-06-2014 | 03:25 PM
BBKers
@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Hagelin-Brass-Zuccarello Kreider-St. Louis-Nash Duclair-Miller-Stempniak Glass-DMoore-Fast

Stepan LTIR
Malone #13
Hayes out with shoulder
meuller waived and sent down when he clears
Lombardi Contract mutually terminated?
[!!]

Truenewyorker said "and then you woke up" regarding
Lombardi leaving
"And then you fell asleep " would be my answer. I said I heard rumblings about this. Who got it right?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I posted this on 10-06-2014 | 03:25 PM
BBKers
@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Hagelin-Brass-Zuccarello Kreider-St. Louis-Nash Duclair-Miller-Stempniak Glass-DMoore-Fast

Stepan LTIR
Malone #13
Hayes out with shoulder
meuller waived and sent down when he clears
Lombardi Contract mutually terminated?
[!!]

Truenewyorker said "and then you woke up" regarding
Lombardi leaving
"And then you fell asleep " would be my answer. I said I heard rumblings about this. Who got it right?

Considering a fan of the team he played for came over and said someone close to the team told him it was likely, I'd say he got it right.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Like I was saying he's done

Just did us a favor dumb 2 year deal washed out thankfully

Actually we'll never know who was right since hes not going to get a chance to play with us.

He chose to not go to the AHL, Rangers were willing to keep him and maybe he would've gotten a callup.

Man, its a good thing we got rid of that contract that didn't count anything against he cap with him in the AHL!

I mean, did you not see the risk/reward.. or should I say reward in this deal since there was no risk?

He was a good NHLer before his injuries. Signed him to a deal at 800K for 2 years so if he regained his form we have him for next year as well at a good rate. Wish he accepted the assignment, but I guess he realized he had been passed on the depth chart.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
didn't really see much from Matt during the games he played to think he had a shot at making the team.

I was lumping him with the Bourque's and a few other guys as part of the taint that was going to get shipped to the minors.

Speed with nothing else to offer usually means you go buh-bye

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not a surprise, he is really afraid to get hit. Wasn't going to work in the NHL, and he would have been demolished in the tight checking AHL.

Got a fair shot, and seems like he'd be happier being a star in the Swiss league than a fear stricken tweener in the NHL.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Also opens up a spot for St. Croix or someone else at center in Hartford.

AHB*

He doesn't want to report to Hartford? Fine **** him good riddance.

Calm down, jeez. He seems like a good guy, he just clearly couldn't cut it and there are multiple players ahead of him. He knows it and the Rangers know it.

Good for him to go back to a place he's great in and good for us in clearing an unnecessary contract. I don't think there is any animosity here at all.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he continues to kill it in Europe.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's 32. He looked washed up in the two games he played. More injury issues. We didn't need him and we're better off without his contract. He did us a favor not reporting to Hartford. Don't wish him ill. I'm sure he tried. Hope things go well for him in Switzerland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad