Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Super-stoked after watching this trailer. I think Owen Wilson is going to kill it playing Owen Wilson playing himself. He's pretty much playing the same character he did in any and all Wes Anderson movies he's acted in.

Gotta admit, I wasn't a big fan of Loki and had low expectations for this show, but now my expectations are high.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What's going to be interesting is this is not the Loki of Infinity War, who has spend years developing and maturing and seeking a kind of redemption. This is the first Avengers movie Loki....can't wait to see how they tackle that.

Reactions: GabeTravels

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Disney+ Loki series is the latest film to take on time travel, but not in the way you think. If you recall, Loki (played by Tom Hiddleson) debuted in the first Avengers film. In Endgame, Loki died, but thanks to the film’s time travel storyline, he is now alive and in possession of the Tesseract which he used to escape before being thrown in Asgardian prison. The show follows THAT Loki and his interactions with the Time Variance Authority (TVA) – an organization that polices time.
Michael Waldron, head writer on the show, created his own rules, which expand on the time travel ideas that Marvel has already set in place. He spoke to Collider as he tried to explain the organization (in the least confusing way possible) and what fans can expect to see on the show.“I think that what’s fun about the TVA is it takes something remarkable, like time travel, and really packages it in a very soulless, sort of bureaucratic way.” He says. That’s what was exciting to me, as a writer, was to take something so magical and just make it utterly soulless.’”

Loki Writer Michael Waldron Explains The Time Variance Authority

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Disney+ Loki series is the latest film to take on time travel, but not in the way you think. If you recall, Loki (played by Tom Hiddleson) debuted in the first Avengers film. In Endgame, Loki died, but thanks to the film’s time travel storyline, he is now alive and in possession of the Tesseract which he used to escape before being thrown in Asgardian prison. The show follows THAT Loki and his interactions with the Time Variance Authority (TVA) – an organization that polices time.
Michael Waldron, head writer on the show, created his own rules, which expand on the time travel ideas that Marvel has already set in place. He spoke to Collider as he tried to explain the organization (in the least confusing way possible) and what fans can expect to see on the show.“I think that what’s fun about the TVA is it takes something remarkable, like time travel, and really packages it in a very soulless, sort of bureaucratic way.” He says. That’s what was exciting to me, as a writer, was to take something so magical and just make it utterly soulless.’”

I like that idea. Kind of like "The Adjustment Bureau".

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Thank you for posting this. I was having the hardest time figuring out how the hell Loki was alive and what the premise was, lol.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Thank you for posting this. I was having the hardest time figuring out how the hell Loki was alive and what the premise was, lol.

1 thing I think will throw fans off is this isn't the "reformed" Loki from Ragnarok. This is fresh off of failing to conquer Earth for Thanos Loki from Avengers 1

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well that was definitely more far out there than I expected. Some great character development and acting from Hiddleston. I hear the 2nd episode is even better.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I have almost no doubts this series is going to have some massive implications on the rest of the MCU.

I know most people expected Wandavision to have serious implications and to set the stage for the multiverse...

I think Loki is pretty clearly heading in that direction.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Solid opening but feels like we had A LOT of just plain setup even for a pilot, hope the 2nd goes in more directions. F&WS was definitely a bit more fast paced and felt like more happened in its opening.

Reactions: mattihp

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Solid opening but feels like we had A LOT of just plain setup even for a pilot, hope the 2nd goes in more directions. F&WS was definitely a bit more fast paced and felt like more happened in its opening.
Well they did have to explain the TVA and which Loki this was so casual fans/watchers of the show understand this is not the Loki that dies.

I thought it was a great start for the show, showing the power of the TVA etc. Also like the juxtaposition of this all powerful Authority that can travel time to fix it and has bombs to reset the timeline and basically tasers that fan burn someone in seconds, like a certain Grandmaster I guess, but also uses old cathode tube displays and dot-matrix printers!

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad