Prospect Info: Logan Stanley - Part III

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good and bad from Stanley in the first, IQ needs some work but not as bad as some say.

Yup. I'm not sure it's IQ so much as agility that he lacks. He's looking a bit more confident with the puck than the last two games. This is a fast game with good opposition.

He definitely looks like a longer term project, though.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. I'm not sure it's IQ so much as agility that he lacks. He's looking a bit more confident with the puck than the last two games. This is a fast game with good opposition.

He definitely looks like a longer term project, though.

I'd agree with this. I don't think he can quite do what he would like his body to do. It might all fit together one day.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I agree that it's physical more than IQ -- he just looks ungainly much of the time, despite making some smart plays and skating well. Maybe it's a perspective thing, since he looks much smoother at games and practices I've attended rather than watched on TV. Logan Brown too.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just starting the first period will give my thought as I go a bit behind everyone else.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
As an aside, how friggin good is Sergachev already? Man I wish we had this kid.

As another aside how friggin good is this entire Spitfires team? They activate Serge, Day and Chatfield at will. Reminds me of watching Tri-City in the Dub. Defencemen are always in the play.

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Dipietro was the story that period and draft eligible...............just saying, more of the same for Stanley, still like the pick still think he has a long way to go.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dipietro was the story that period and draft eligible...............just saying, more of the same for Stanley, still like the pick still think he has a long way to go.

I really like DiPietro. IMO the best pure athletic goalie in this draft, Relies a lot more on his agility and skill than some of the bigger positional guys. But at 6'0 he really has to be that much better to make the NHL full time. One of the 3 goalies I really want.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As an aside, how friggin good is Sergachev already? Man I wish we had this kid.

As another aside how friggin good is this entire Spitfires team? They activate Serge, Day and Chatfield at will. Reminds me of watching Tri-City in the Dub. Defencemen are always in the play.

Sergachev is dynamite. A real stud.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sergachev is dynamite. A real stud.

There's just nothing he can't do. Chatfield is looking really good tonight to. Between Sergachev, Chatifeld and Day it's like having 3 incredible skaters who can play both ends of the ice. I think Windsor has this Mem Cup in the bag.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I really like DiPietro. IMO the best pure athletic goalie in this draft, Relies a lot more on his agility and skill than some of the bigger positional guys. But at 6'0 he really has to be that much better to make the NHL full time. One of the 3 goalies I really want.

You never know he is only 17 could grow a couple of inches, he reminds of Jonathon Quick in terms of size and style.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You never know he is only 17 could grow a couple of inches, he reminds of Jonathon Quick in terms of size and style.

Definitely possible but unlikely. He'd need to hit that optimal 6'3 area to really be a force. At 6'0 he can still be a solid netminder though, it's just going to be a tougher go for him.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Stanley fetches the puck for Addison. You have to think that is what admires him to so many people.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
?

Two shifts in the first three minutes of the third.

Maybe I just didn't see him. He hangs back so much it's hard to notice him out there some times.

Okay I rewound and see him now. 1 shift in the first 3 minutes.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Stanley with a bit of bonehead play there lucky there isn't more time. Maybe he planned it but I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad