Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't say that and don't imply i did. You compared Spezza and Brown. Spezza was healthy and earned his place. Brown hasn't been healthy, hasn't earned his place as a result and it's got f*** all to do with coaches and systems

The day Brown establishes that he can play at today's NHL pace and that he can remain healthy but isn't given a shot we cañ start talking about his lack of fit in our environment. Until then, it's all on Brown

You seem to be avoiding the points I make and just reverting to he hasn't earned it, that's fine, but imo a players fit with systems and coaches will always play a role, whether the impact was enough that it made the difference with him making the team or not idk, but in my opinion his path to cracking the team was almost certainly harder than it might have been under different circumstances. You're obviously of a different opinion which is fine, to each there own, time to move on

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You seem to be avoiding the points I make and just reverting to he hasn't earned it, that's fine, but imo a players fit with systems and coaches will always play a role, whether the impact was enough that it made the difference with him making the team or not idk, but in my opinion his path to cracking the team was almost certainly harder than it might have been under different circumstances. You're obviously of a different opinion which is fine, to each there own, time to move on

You're missing the point...it's in the 2nd paragraph of my last point

Brown's health, fitness and pace haven't really enabled him to put himself in consideration for a full time nhl position.

Sure I'll agree that at some point a players fit comes in to play in making personnel decisions but i don't think Brown ever got to the point where that really became part of the decision process on him. When he had his 20 odd game stint in 2019, he just wasn't playing at an NHL pace to remain in the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You're missing the point...it's in the 2nd paragraph of my last point

Brown's health, fitness and pace haven't really enabled him to put himself in consideration for a full time nhl position.

Sure I'll agree that at some point a players fit comes in to play in making personnel decisions but i don't think Brown ever got to the point where that really became part of the decision process on him. When he had his 20 odd game stint in 2019, he just wasn't playing at an NHL pace to remain in the league.
Last year wasn't the only year where he had to earn a spot, fit likely played a role in previous seasons andwith chosing Norris, White, Tierny and Stepan over him for opening day when he was healthy, I didn't miss your point I just don't agree with it outside of last year after he was sent back down at camp.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Last year wasn't the only year where he had to earn a spot, fit likely played a role in previous seasons andwith chosing Norris, White, Tierny and Stepan over him for opening day when he was healthy, I didn't miss your point I just don't agree with it outside of last year after he was sent back down at camp.

Did lack of fit or lack of pace play a role when he had a 20+ game stint in 2019?

And he's basically not been healthy since

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
At the end of the day, most players make the decision for the team. Brown has just never come in and blown the doors off. The Sens want to win. If he shows up and is amazing, he is on the team. There really is no other criteria. Can't just show up and sort of/almost be as good as the other players in camp. For various reasons, Brown has never been able to showcase his potential properly.
The fact that he won't come to camp and do anything to smash the door down to get on the team tells me that he's unlikely to make it in the NHL. I may be wrong, but I get the impression that he feels he is owed a spot. IMHO, every player should show up and take a job. You have to take someone's job to be on the team. Can only do that by being better than them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Yak

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did lack of fit or lack of pace play a role when he had a 20+ game stint in 2019?

And he's basically not been healthy since
He was healthy at camp the next year and cut, so actually no, that's a little misleading, he also headed back to Belleville after that callup and played around 20 more games there.

Yes, fit could have played into his usage which was rather limited in the 2019-20 callup, and could have played a role in him getting cut this past year at camp.

It's fine, we disagree.

Reactions: Sweatred

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think the basic level to pass to crack this team is to work your ass off. The rest can be sorted out regardless of whether you are a skill guy, grit guy or both. We don’t have a team filled with gritty guys, we have a team filled with balls to the wall workers. Relentless pressure in all zones, not relentless bone crushing hits (though once Boucher and Kleven arrive this will become more of a reality).

Brown is not relentless in anything on the ice, though he looks pretty good on the PP.

In the end, the coach and GM were absolutely talking about Brown when the off season started, with DJ even talking about how he was looking forward to seeing what this talented centre could bring to the team, saying that ‘pace’ was the main thing he needed to work on.

After refusing to sign his QO, the team has dropped his ass like a hot potato, which makes sense. What in the world did Brown’s camp expect? That the team would work hard to find a trade for a guy who hasn’t been willing to work hard to make the NHL himself?

Naaaaaaw….

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He was healthy at camp the next year and cut, so actually no, that's a little misleading, he also headed back to Belleville after that callup and played around 20 more games there.

Yes, fit could have played into his usage which was rather limited in the 2019-20 callup, and could have played a role in him getting cut this past year at camp.

It's fine, we disagree.

He played 23 games for Ottawa, went to Belleville, was in and out of the lineup with injury, only ended up playing 25 games for Belleville and finished the year injured if i remember correctly. His health deprived him of getting a callup.

Then he spent most of last year injured.

If we go back to the summer of 2019, I qas pumping his tires on this board. I saw him play at the CTC a few times during his 23 game stint and it was obvious he wouldn't be sticking around

Yes, we disagree. I don't buy at all that Logan Brown isn't in Ottawa because of fit

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
We all want to love Logan ,but he really needs to stop talking and use that skill and his 6.4 frame and show us who he really is on the ice...

To be fair, I have not seen a single comment directly from Logan Brown or his representatives, only speculation. But i also feel he needs to come to camp and beat someone out for a spot on the roster.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
To be fair, I have not seen a single comment directly from Logan Brown or his representatives, only speculation. But i also feel he needs to come to camp and beat someone out for a spot on the roster.
Yeah thats fair,could have worded that better

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He has to sign his QO at least before he can even come to camp.

What a mess he’s put himself in.

He doesn’t have to sign his qualifying offer to come to camp … he could sign a better offer that he negotiates before he comes to camp. Minor detail, but I could see him pushing for guaranteed money or something that optimized his value through waivers or something.

Reactions: Cosmix

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
At the end of the day, most players make the decision for the team. Brown has just never come in and blown the doors off. The Sens want to win. If he shows up and is amazing, he is on the team.
If he is good, consistent and healthy he is on the team. He hasn't been all three for quite some time.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He doesn’t have to sign his qualifying offer to come to camp … he could sign a better offer that he negotiates before he comes to camp. Minor detail, but I could see him pushing for guaranteed money or something that optimized his value through waivers or something.

Not gonna happen.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not sure ? If you are the Sens do you accept a reasonable counter offer to get him to camp and potentially boost his value ?

I mean I personally wouldn’t. I would prefer to see them wait until he signs, and then trade him.

I think the ship has sailed for him here at this point. I suspect that given that the team has stopped mentioning him at all since refusing his QO that they have shelved him until he signs I the dotted line. He really has done nothing to earn a contract, especially a one way contract, and that’s even if we’re just looking at his injury situation.

He still has a lot to prove before he should get guaranteed NHL money in my opinion.

Reactions: Yak

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I mean I personally wouldn’t. I would prefer to see them wait until he signs, and then trade him.

I think the ship has sailed for him here at this point. I suspect that given that the team has stopped mentioning him at all since refusing his QO that they have shelved him until he signs I the dotted line. He really has done nothing to earn a contract, especially a one way contract, and that’s even if we’re just looking at his injury situation.

He still has a lot to prove before he should get guaranteed NHL money in my opinion.

The absolute best that Brown could hope for is a 2 year deal with one way money at league minimum in year 2.

And i don't think he's earned that

Reactions: KAPOW and Ice-Tray

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
L. Brown is at crossroads, not good enough to crack the NHL and can't stay healthy and seems like he thinks he entitled a spot on the team.

Wow, teams must be lining up to get a crack at him.

He is getting some bad advice and honestly I don't think he has the character to make the Sens.

I would love him to pan out but am thinking maybe he should go to Europe and get buried on some no name team over their and think about his future and if he wants to commit to being a real NHL Player.

Time for him to grow up and grow a pair and show us he is for real.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
L. Brown is at crossroads, not good enough to crack the NHL and can't stay healthy and seems like he thinks he entitled a spot on the team.

Wow, teams must be lining up to get a crack at him.

He is getting some bad advice and honestly I don't think he has the character to make the Sens.

I would love him to pan out but am thinking maybe he should go to Europe and get buried on some no name team over their and think about his future and if he wants to commit to being a real NHL Player.

Time for him to grow up and grow a pair and show us he is for real.

Needs some Nick Paul injected in his veins

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
A healthy Logan Brown is potentially as good as any Center we have. Norris may have (probably did) passed Logan last year ? Pinto is an unknown and may have passed him too.

All we saw last year from Logan was another injury mess. If you separate that from his skill… he has demonstrated enough for a chance.

It’s reasonable to assume a healthy Logan could be this teams 2C with Pinto the 3C.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Brown has yet to sign his qualifying offer, but the belief is he may do so and come to camp because he has no leverage if he wants to play in the NHL. He remains hopeful the Senators will trade him before camp, but Dorion’s asking price hasn’t been met yet.
The issue is that Brown, 23 and the Senators’ No. 11 overall pick in the 2016 draft, is a diminishing asset. He hasn’t been able to stay healthy and teams also know he would have to go through waivers if he doesn’t make the Senators’ roster at the end of camp.
The Senators expect him to be here when the players report for medicals Wednesday. His Toronto-based agent, Jeff Jackson, didn’t return text messages or emails asking about Brown’s status is for camp. There has been talk he may sign in Europe, but that option is likely off the table.

From Bruce’s article.

Would be awesome if he comes in and steals Tierneys spot and looks like an NHLer in terms of pace.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Pace or fit, the fact that Stutzle had almost as many games in the NHL last season (53) as Logan Brown has laced his skates up for any games in the last two years (62 NHL+AHL) suggests the problem hasn't been Ottawa limiting him.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Pace or fit, the fact that Stutzle had almost as many games in the NHL last season (53) as Logan Brown has laced his skates up for any games in the last two years (62 NHL+AHL) suggests the problem hasn't been Ottawa limiting him.

Stutzle made the NHL without ever “competing” in a training camp or dominating the AHL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad