GDT: Locker cleanup and Final Season interviews: Bergvein Press Conference at 4:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Taking 2 important draws when they spent the last month telling him he sucks at centre. It made perfect sense.

He wasn't horrible in the playoffs on the dot - about 45% I think. Nevertheless, Pleks should have been taking that FO, with Chucky, Radulov, Lehkonen, Pacioretty, Weber and Markov. Price out obviously.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
He wasn't horrible in the playoffs on the dot - about 45% I think. Nevertheless, Pleks should have been taking that FO, with Chucky, Radulov, Lehkonen, Pacioretty, Weber and Markov. Price out obviously.

They would have been 7 on the ice :laugh:

But I get your point bruh

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think when a media pundit is putting out a "what I would do if I was GM" type scenario, he should be trying to be realistic yes.

What is the point of saying something he knows will never work and will get turned down. Does that bring any value to his audience?
Who cares man, there's plenty of other things you can crap on him about. What he said wasn't insane. He'd target PK if he were Edmonton. That was essentially his point.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
At the very best, Bergevin showed how unbelievably clueless he is when it comes to PR. I know it's not easy, especially for this team, but like it or not that's part of the job.

What a horrendous press conference.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
He was 0 for 3 in the game before that. He finished the game with a FO% of 0%.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not much of a cap issue as long as you can make sure LV picks Emelin at the draft. Or Plekanec, but we have no one to replace Plekanec.

We have no one to replace Plekanec?

Danault is more than capable of being a solid 3rd line center on this team moving forward.

That 6M he's making, should go to a forward who can have an impact in the top 6.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Regarding Galchenyuk being seen as a two-way player. Go watch his draft selection on youtube.

The one notion of two-way is the comparable on the screen of Kopitar. Everything else is "offensive". Funny enough at the draft he's listed as C/LW on TSN's side board.

MB said same things then as now about getting a top center. He does say he sees Galchenyuk as the guy though.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We have no one to replace Plekanec?

Danault is more than capable of being a solid 3rd line center on this team moving forward.

That 6M he's making, should go to a forward who can have an impact in the top 6.

Right, so Danault on the 3rd, that means Shaw on the 2nd, and who on the 1st?

You trade Plekanec once you have an upgrade. As of right now, we have no one.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Bergevin trolled this board hard. :laugh:

Lots of emo.

Never believe a word that a GM says in a presser. No way he says what he's planning on doing.

Anyway, this has been a fun read. :laugh:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I didn't suggest it was easy to do. I said it was obvious how these teams did it. Winning a championship is difficult in any pro sport. Bergevin is trying to build a team to win in 2003.
Except the Devils had some HoFers and beloved mainstays on their team, like Elias.

Neither Weber nor Markov could pull a performance like Nidermayer. Langenbrunner and Friesen provide 21 goals in the playoffs.

Elias and Gomez then were better than Danault-Pleks now.

Face it, Cup Champs will always have at least two or three elite players, but Bergevin is not looking for Elite. He's looking for mediocre muckers like Lucic and Weber who can't dominate either side of the ice but have a reputation for character and grit.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

Lots of emo.

Never believe a word that a GM says in a presser. No way he says what he's planning on doing.

His 5 years as GM has been quite the "troll" job, indeed. The long con, he's only pretending to be an incompetent clown. What a strategy!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Lots of emo.

Ya dude, his plan of being an arrogant and terrible GM, lying to the fans and saying the most brain-dead hockey related things for 5 years has been an elaborate ruse.

THIS is the year he finally does the opposite of everything he's done or said.

He's playing chess while everyone else has been playing checkers.

Elite GM.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

Lots of emo.

One thing's for sure. You sure are loyal. Going on 6 years of excuses for you. Maybe this year the leopard change his spots :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Lots of emo.

He doesn't have...a plan. So you're right, kinda. :laugh:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
One thing's for sure. You sure are loyal. Going on 6 years of excuses for you. Maybe this year the leopard change his spots :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Subban being gone was supposed to solve all this team's problems.

Now he's onto the second round and looking fantastic, Weber's out fishing in the woods.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Now he's onto the second round and looking fantastic, Weber's out fishing in the woods.

Weber is better than Subban....he proved it all year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

Well, Southernhab said that getting rid of Subban was going to propel this team to the next level.

I just feel sorry for the fans who believed that crap.

Bergie gets fired next year if we have the same disappointing results. He's run out of people to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad