GDT: Locker cleanup and Final Season interviews: Bergvein Press Conference at 4:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Draisatl, Johansen, Kuznetsov are worthy targets.

But where's the cap room?

For what it's worth he never said he would sign rfa players to an offer sheet he just responded to Tony by saying that as a GM you have to look at every possibility when trying to acquire players. He is not shrewd enough to go after anything more than what he has already. He just gets castoffs because that's all he can get and puts some lipstick on them and presents them as the saviours of the franchise and when they fail he simply chalks it up to bad luck.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
End the sellout streak. Stop supporting an organization that does not give a **** about its customers.

I truly believe the Habs have entered the Ballard Era...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Draisatl, Johansen, Kuznetsov are worthy targets.

But where's the cap room?

CapFriendly has the Habs with 21.6M cap space next season. And that's with the cap remaining at 73M. We have enough room for at least offer sheeting one of them. And another interesting offer sheet target is Drouin. As a winger.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My hope for Galchenyuk is that Habs go the Kadri way with him. Kadri has been struggling at center for years but he was kept there. Then, enter Babcock, a coach who was able to work with him and turn him into a complete center.

At this moment, I trust CJ to have the coaching abilities to do the same with Galchenyuk.

Galchenyuk will never be Kadri in terms of complete. Chucky doesn't have a two way bone in his body. That can be forgiven if he atleast cleans it up abit and puts up points.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You hear CJ and then you hear MB... I wish CJ would have more power. MB needs to get sent away from this team.

It doesn't matter if you try to build from the draft if you can't properly develop talent.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
You hear CJ and then you hear MB... I wish CJ would have more power. MB needs to get sent away from this team.

It doesn't matter if you try to build from the draft if you can't properly develop talent.

what do you mean develop? that's not the players, not the coaches.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Galchenyuk will never be Kadri in terms of complete. Chucky doesn't have a two way bone in his body. That can be forgiven if he atleast cleans it up abit and puts up points.

Chucky was drafted as a two-way center that was often compared to Hossa, Kopitar and Toews.

Keeping him on the wing for as long as Therrien did, using the excuse that he couldn't handle the defensive responsibilities while having DD on the 1st line for all those years... Sickening.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
CapFriendly has the Habs with 21.6M cap space next season. And that's with the cap remaining at 73M. We have enough room for at least offer sheeting one of them. And another interesting offer sheet target is Drouin. As a winger.

21.6m, but even if the cap goes up by 2m, at 23.6m you still have to re-sign Radulov and Markov. Radulov will get somewhere from 5.5 - 6.5 if we re-sign him, Markov definitely isn't going to get less than 3.5m imo unless he takes a major discount. Galchenyuk's extension or the cap of whichever player he's traded for.

You can offer sheet, and I hope we can get rid of Plekanec and/or Emelin to do it to a cap strapped team (Tampa - 17.9m for Palat, Johnson and Drouin).

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Chucky was drafted as a two-way center that was often compared to Hossa, Kopitar and Toews.

Keeping him on the wing for as long as Therrien did, using the excuse that he couldn't handle the defensive responsibilities while having DD on the 1st line for all those years... Sickening.

Fans, myself included have to move on from the the damage Therrien has caused. Molson should be funding a support group.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
21.6m, but even if the cap goes up by 2m, at 23.6m you still have to re-sign Radulov and Markov. Radulov will get somewhere from 5.5 - 6.5 if we re-sign him, Markov definitely isn't going to get less than 3.5m imo unless he takes a major discount. Galchenyuk's extension or the cap of whichever player he's traded for.

You can offer sheet, and I hope we can get rid of Plekanec and/or Emelin to do it to a cap strapped team (Tampa - 17.9m for Palat, Johnson and Drouin).

Not much of a cap issue as long as you can make sure LV picks Emelin at the draft. Or Plekanec, but we have no one to replace Plekanec.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Fans, myself included have to move on from the the damage Therrien has caused. Molson should be funding a support group.

I'm only correcting the notion that Galchenyuk doesn't have the two-way "bone" in him.

Unless you're drafting phenomenal players out of junior, there's no plug and play prospects at the NHL level. You have to develop them. Galchenyuk's development has been so damn horrifyingly bad, it's inexcusable. Seeing how Julien handled the kid after taking over, he doesn't seem any better than Therrien in that regard.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Not much of a cap issue as long as you can make sure LV picks Emelin at the draft. Or Plekanec, but we have no one to replace Plekanec.

If we could sign Shipachev, Danault would be a fine 3C. By default Galchenyuk plays 2C. We also lose no assets signing the Russian.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If we could sign Shipachev, Danault would be a fine 3C. By default Galchenyuk plays 2C. We also lose no assets signing the Russian.

That could work. Not sure it'd be enough. A Sharks fan proposed Couture for Galchenyuk in the trade boards. Given the handling Julien has made of Chucky, I would be open to a trade like that.

Then I'd look at a guy like RNH. Package Plekanec, Gallagher and something else. I know Edmonton liked the idea of a deal centered around RNH and Gallagher. We might be forced to retain some salary, but it could be doable.

Couture-RNH-Danault would be good... No high-end #1 center, but I like the mix of everything it would bring. RNH might just be the playmaker that Max would need. Couture is a proven playoff performer. I don't know, probably a pipe dream on my end. But something HAS to change this summer.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What kills me is, they say Galchenyuk can't play centre cause he isn't good at both ends of the ice. So, they send out 4 ****ign centres that are only good on the defensive end, AKA one ****ing end.

So, a team that can't score goals, doesn't play their most talented centre at centre cause he isn't a defensive wizz. Instead, plays only defensive centres and continues to not score and wonder why.

Is this a joke?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What kills me is, they say Galchenyuk can't play centre cause he isn't good at both ends of the ice. So, they send out 4 ****ign centres that are only good on the defensive end, AKA one ****ing end.

So, a team that can't score goals, doesn't play their most talented centre at centre cause he isn't a defensive wizz. Instead, plays only defensive centres and continues to not score and wonder why.

Is this a joke?

Don't forget about how they used that excuse even back when they had Desharnais on the 1st line.

Because DD was all about taking important draws and shutting down the opposing top players.

:shakehead

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Is this a joke?

But yet they sent him out for the last two faceoffs of the season when we needed a goal.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Don't forget about how they used that excuse even back when they had Desharnais on the 1st line.

Because DD was all about taking important draws and shutting down the opposing top players.

:shakehead

They hate him cause he parties, it has to be it. But the kid works his ass off, so what if he gets into the party favors. He's a young kid, he'll grow out it. Just let him develop for christ sake.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
But yet they sent him out for the last two faceoffs of the season when we needed a goal.

Taking 2 important draws when they spent the last month telling him he sucks at centre. It made perfect sense.

side note: It sounds like Bergevin is going to just re-sign the same group and see what happens next year. Can't ****ing wait, super excited.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
You think all the trade demands are realistic?

I think when a media pundit is putting out a "what I would do if I was GM" type scenario, he should be trying to be realistic yes.

What is the point of saying something he knows will never work and will get turned down. Does that bring any value to his audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad