GDT: Locker cleanup and Final Season interviews: Bergvein Press Conference at 4:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I'm only correcting the notion that Galchenyuk doesn't have the two-way "bone" in him.

Unless you're drafting phenomenal players out of junior, there's no plug and play prospects at the NHL level. You have to develop them. Galchenyuk's development has been so damn horrifyingly bad, it's inexcusable. Seeing how Julien handled the kid after taking over, he doesn't seem any better than Therrien in that regard.

I will try to be hopeful. CJ is a good coach. Let him clean house and bring in qualified assistants, show JJ and Lacroix and the rest of the proven incompetents packing. Maybe under Julien Galchenyuk can be given proper coaching and development and learn a little bit of how to be a more rounded centreman. I can just well imagine the wise teachings a young skill player would get from Therrible.

So keep Galch, with his somewhat of a backslide you might knock a half million or so off his AAV in a 5 or 6 year deal, and let Julien's staff mold him into a solid #2 or #1B centre. AG was doing great before the knee injury, perhaps an off season of rest and rehab plus some work with the coaches will salvage him yet.

Provided MB doesn't trade Galch and two firsts for Jeff Carter in the meantime.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Weber is better than Subban....he proved it all year.

Weber better at PP goals. Yay! That's about it. Really helped us.

Good player, wasn't what we needed. Will forever be a bad deal. Don't see anyone in Nashville begging to have Weber back.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
One thing's for sure. You sure are loyal. Going on 6 years of excuses for you. Maybe this year the leopard change his spots :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I could give a rats ass if Bergevin is fired tomorrow or is the GM for the next 5 years. Why? All of this is beyond my control, and your control. The game is played on the ice for our entertainment.

I joined this board back in 2011 because I was pissed off at Gauthier and Martin. And I *****ed and moaned non-stop. Thought it would make me feel better. Instead, it stressed me out more.

It's a game for our enjoyment. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It's all about what you expect from the sport and how much energy you are willing to expend over something you have no control over.

Cheers man. Just don't get too stressed. ;)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I could give a rats ass if Bergevin is fired tomorrow or is the GM for the next 5 years. Why? All of this is beyond my control, and your control. The game is played on the ice for our entertainment.

I joined this board back in 2011 because I was pissed off at Gauthier and Martin. And I *****ed and moaned non-stop. Thought it would make me feel better. Instead, it stressed me out more.

It's a game for our enjoyment. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It's all about what you expect from the sport and how much energy you are willing to expend over something you have no control over.

Cheers man. Just don't get too stressed. ;)

How stressed were you exactly ****ing and moaning on a daily basis about Subban for the better part of the past 5 years?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Weber is better than Subban....he proved it all year.
Despite Subban's injury and (relatively) less TOI%, Subban outproduced Weber yet again. If Subban was a Hab, we'd certainly be in the second round by this fact alone.

If you think Weber's better than Subban, prove it.

Well, Southernhab said that getting rid of Subban was going to propel this team to the next level.

I just feel sorry for the fans who believed that crap.

Bergie gets fired next year if we have the same disappointing results. He's run out of people to blame.
He didn't believe it then and doesn't believe it now. My man's never posted about hockey or analysis other than to make metacommentary or some Jack Todd like observation or assertion.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Despite Subban's injury and (relatively) less TOI%, Subban outproduced Weber yet again. If Subban was a Hab, we'd certainly be in the second round by this fact alone.

If you think Weber's better than Subban, prove it.

He didn't believe it then and doesn't believe it now. My man's never posted about hockey or analysis other than to make metacommentary or some Jack Todd like observation or assertion.

Points to the sky, praises god :yo:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Well, Southernhab said that getting rid of Subban was going to propel this team to the next level.

I just feel sorry for the fans who believed that crap.

Bergie gets fired next year if we have the same disappointing results. He's run out of people to blame.

Hes gonna blame Geoff Molson for not firing him on time.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
How stressed were you exactly ****ing and moaning on a daily basis about Subban for the better part of the past 5 years?

Not much. If he were still a Hab, I would still want him to succeed. Now, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad