GDT: Locker Clean Out Day

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I like Fleury as much as the next Pens fan but... the Pens literally had to pay Vegas to take MAF away. He was arguably the worst goalie in the NHL during his last season on the Pens. And we don't need to bring up his career playoff stats.
Fleury had an amazing playoffs in 2017, and was arguably our playoff MVP in the first 2 rounds, but his value was LOW despite his performance.

All 31 GMs would have kept MM over MAF.

Reactions: Finesse

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This is not the reason we failed. Our stars are the reason we failed. This board spends 90% of the time talking about somewhat irrelevant things. This team goes as 87, 71, 58, 30, 81, 72, and 59 go. Look no farther than those guys to see the fail.
Could not disagree more. The Pens’ last two cups were based on depth. The Pens depth woefully underperformed. The stars needed to be better, but it was a total team failure

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

I’m trying to figure out if Prow gets a chance.

Offensively he’s exactly what they need. Defensively I have zero clue how he will be in the NHL... could be anywhere from JJ to competent.

Just weird because he is the Letang of WBS in terms of having to carry the offense on the back end... but there’s no buzz about him.

I guess Simon and TB got no buzz either when I talked them up and wondered why they got no love from the org... but they still got into the NHL which gives me some hope. Just a guy to keep an eye on next year.
Yup. The total lack of even mentions of Prow makes me think they aren't too high on his game translating. Simon and TB got significantly more buzz than he has. I thought for sure we'd see him when Letang and Dumo went down. He's a UFA and has to clear waivers so we'll find out early on.

Yup... I see this being Fleury 2.0

JR should have dealt Fleury a long time ago... yet he held onto him until the bitter end and had to part with a 2nd rounder just to get rid of him.

I see the the same thing happening with Hornqvist.... he'll hold onto him until he's essentially a negative value player much like Fleury.
LOL, wut? He held on the MAF until the bitter end, which happened to be him being instrumental in winning the second Cup.

Murray was a rookie with only a small hot streak on his NHL resume. Seems like the perfect time to trade his mentor and thrust the fate of the whole franchise onto his shoulders. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad