Local sports coverage talk (the Athletic/Local TV/TBN/WGR/Charging Buffalo/LGA, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don’t really care which app it is.

I just want to know how to get it on my Roku, like I have been doing with Tune-In.
Same here. Listening through my google home has been part of my morning routine for some time due to the ease of it: “google play WGR.” If it’s going to take anything more than that, I doubt my groggy pre-showered self will be able to manage.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So it looks like they’re not having any of their regular hosts come in today to do the July 1 thing? Looks like they’re just doing sports talk Sunday with the kids at noon. Apparently the guys making the big bucks couldn’t be bothered to work...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Does anyone know what time the local coverage starts on wgr tomorrow for ufa? They said it a bunch of times and I never retained it
If by local coverage you mean Joe Dibioise (afternoon show producer) and BJ Wilson (who?), it starts at noon.

Edit: I see BJ Wilson is Brayton, the morning show producer.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I’d honestly rather listen to the kids than the big shots. None of the big four (Simon/White, Bulldog/Schopp) seem to really KNOW anything about simple things. If you’re on the radio and your job is to discuss sports on said radio, you should be a bit educated on the contracts of these players, their analytical stats, things of that nature... these guys just don’t seem plugged in at all...

Not to mention that I really don’t know any reporter (besides the guys now at the Athletic) who are at all plugged into either organization. Well actually Capaccio is pretty solid regarding the Bills, but for the Sabres I don’t know anyone either with WGR or TBN that really has any inside sourcing with the Sabres at all... its really just sad how bad it’s gotten.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I’d honestly rather listen to the kids than the big shots. None of the big four (Simon/White, Bulldog/Schopp) seem to really KNOW anything about simple things. If you’re on the radio and your job is to discuss sports on said radio, you should be a bit educated on the contracts of these players, their analytical stats, things of that nature... these guys just don’t seem plugged in at all...

Not to mention that I really don’t know any reporter (besides the guys now at the Athletic) who are at all plugged into either organization. Well actually Capaccio is pretty solid regarding the Bills, but for the Sabres I don’t know anyone either with WGR or TBN that really has any inside sourcing with the Sabres at all... its really just sad how bad it’s gotten.

Capaccio is plugged-in, but I think his access has cost him his objectivity.

He generally tows the Bills’ company line, and rarely says anything too critical of the organization or its management.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Capaccio is plugged-in, but I think his access has cost him his objectivity.

He generally tows the Bills’ company line, and rarely says anything too critical of the organization or its management.

True, but I think he’s he best of the bunch, while admitting that’s a very low bar to rise above

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Well, you can't listen to either, since apparently their local programming was limited to 12-3. Great free agency day coverage. We have such a standard of excellence for Buffalo sports media.

Can The Athletic just start a radio station too?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Please god no. Don't care who that place has, I will never pay for #content online.

Your loss. Great content and in return for a few bucks you get no ads, pop-ups, autoplay videos, etc. You have to pay these guys somehow. I'm happy with my subscription so far and I don't even have my t-shirt yet.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Regarding the Athletic. I signed up ($2.50/mo for 12months). And I definitely feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth and then some over the past few weeks. Not only Bills & Sabres but national coverage as well. Just excellent all around.

Reactions: Dingo44

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC

Of all of those guys, White is the only one I really tolerate. (Go figure he's the youngest of them too).

But yeah I much prefer Brayton and miss having Ryan around.

Sabreskin

Aug 16, 2016
Vermont
What nonsense are "Schopp and the Bulldog" serving us??????:ha:
They claim a 4 hour live show, but it's only 3 and a half hours!!!!!!:(
The last half hour (between 6:30pm - 7:00pm), it's recorded (a repeat) from an earlier guest they had during the day!
No guest today? No problem...just repeat Paul Hamilton, Rob Ray, whomever.
In other words, they claim a four hour live show, but leave the show in 3 and a half hours.
If I want to hear an earlier guest of the show, I can always hear it from "On Demand Audio".
I don't need to hear the same content live twice in one day.
In other words, they are cheating a half hour worth of content, every show.
I wonder what would happen if you or I try that with our jobs.....
We pretty much know what the result would be...….:sarcasm::skeptic:;)

P.S. I listened to about 10 shows and I am out!!!!!
I can't help it but to feel I'm being made fun of.
Good Bye "Schopp and the Bulldog".

Last edited:
Reactions: sabrebuild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad