Post-Game Talk: lo****ingl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
It amazes me to this day that anyone expects Babcock's honest assessment of the game and the team in a post-game presser.

He's going to say what he thinks his team needs to hear, not what you need to hear.

Striking a balance would be a start. Highly ironical to claim that you have done tons of good things, controlled lots of the play and delivered an outstanding PK, while you lose against a team that lost eight in a row and 18 out of the last 20. A team that scored never more than three goals during that stretch. I didn't expect him to throw anyone under the bus. But I don't expect him to make it sound better than it was either.

Once again we didn't take advantage and made it way too easy for a weak offense to score. I don't care if it's just for bad deflections, Howard having a bad day or else what.
You simply don't give up a game like that - even if two of your anchors are missing. And at the end of the day, a point is anything but "huge", because two were obligatory vs. a team like that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well missed this one. Guess I'm glad I did. How did Kindl end up playing? Where's our goaltending too?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Mrazeks stick-handling and passing would have turned this game to a W, with those abilities alone. The D gets so much more help with Mrazek - and they need all the help they can get because they're terrible..

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
This team pisses me off. They're playing like a bunch of spoiled trust fund babies where everything should just be given to them. Besides St Louis, absolutely no passion from this team in this bad stretch. Don't even get me started on the Florida game

I can't really see them missing the playoffs, although, they do play Boston and Ottawa. They drop both of those, it's entirely possible. 6 points up on Boston with a game in hand. So if Boston goes 6-3 in their last nine, Detroit would have to go at least 3-6-1 in their last 10 to secure a spot. Washington and Ottawa could obviously fall out as well

With the way this team is playing, I wouldn't be surprised with an 0-10-0 stretch

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Mrazeks stick-handling and passing would have turned this game to a W, with those abilities alone. The D gets so much more help with Mrazek - and they need all the help they can get because they're terrible..

I guess you haven't been watching. Mrazek turns into a sieve every 3 games or so. Right now I don't have confidence in any of our goalies.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Arizona Coyotes: 7 goals (total) in previous 8 games before last night (0.88 goals per game)

Arizona Coyotes: lit up Jimmy Howard for 5

Completely not acceptable losing to a team whos roster looks like an AHL team. We did score 4 goals, and 4 goals should always be enough to get the win. Problem was our goalie. Giving up 5 goals to that roster is completely unacceptable. Jimmy Howad should feel completely embarrassed and ashamed of his performance. If Mrazek was in net, that's a 4-1/ 4-2 win. If Chris Osgood was in net we probably win that game.

Were still 6 up on Boston, so I guess its limp into the playoffs, and hope for a miracle at this point. If we can somehow regain our form from January then we could give MTL or TBL or NYR a good fight in round 1. If we keep playing like this, I'm scared to watch.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am growing worried about this team's lack of internal motivation. This team has some significant issues that may or may not directly relate to personnel, goaltending or coaching:

1. This team plays to the level of its competition. Regardless of ultimate outcome, we play very, very well against good teams and very poorly against weaker teams. The team cannot be described as professional in this respect.

2. We have a very difficult time showing up for the first drop of the puck. We routinely skate in quick sand during the first five to ten minutes of each game.

3. We rarely play full 60 minute games.

Perhaps the vets on the team are unmotivated by regular season hockey. Nonetheless, teams don't qualify for the playoffs based on entitlement. The guys need to figure this out ASAP.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I guess you haven't been watching. Mrazek turns into a sieve every 3 games or so. Right now I don't have confidence in any of our goalies.

Everyone is being reactionary, but no one has real solutions, so most are just being loud and negative.

Here are some statements pretty close to fact:

Fact 1) Howard is our official starter. Pretty much no matter what happens, Howard will likely get some starts or keep his job.
Fact 2) Howard had a **** game, and is the main reason we lost IMO.
Fact 3) Mrazek has talent, but he can not "win" Jimmy's job. All he can do is be present for Howards failure. I.E. Mrazek and Jimmy are both questionable.
Fact 4) Jimmy is signed long term. He is still our starter. For Good or Bad. We have to live with it. Mrazek might get some time, but he will need to pull a Hammond right now to win the playoff starting job. And even then, next year is Jimmy again.

Unhappy with these facts? Well live with it. They are pretty solid facts. Jimmy will have to pull a Kuemper to lose his job here. And thats something like 20-40 games like the one he played today.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
BinCookin: If Mrazek is able to play consistently above Howard next year, he will get the majority of starts and take the starting job.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well missed this one. �� Guess I'm glad I did. How did Kindl end up playing? Where's our goaltending too?

Kindl played well in my opinion. Limited his turnovers, made a few very good plays defensively and offensively. His pass to Abby for his goal was brilliant. Saw the pass all the way and made it tape to tape to spring him at their blue line. Shame he can't play that way all the time.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Everyone is being reactionary, but no one has real solutions, so most are just being loud and negative.

Here are some statements pretty close to fact:

Fact 1) Howard is our official starter. Pretty much no matter what happens, Howard will likely get some starts or keep his job.
Fact 2) Howard had a **** game, and is the main reason we lost IMO.
Fact 3) Mrazek has talent, but he can not "win" Jimmy's job. All he can do is be present for Howards failure. I.E. Mrazek and Jimmy are both questionable.
Fact 4) Jimmy is signed long term. He is still our starter. For Good or Bad. We have to live with it. Mrazek might get some time, but he will need to pull a Hammond right now to win the playoff starting job. And even then, next year is Jimmy again.

Unhappy with these facts? Well live with it. They are pretty solid facts. Jimmy will have to pull a Kuemper to lose his job here. And thats something like 20-40 games like the one he played today.

Well then Holland and Babcock are hypocritical when they state "the best player will play" "the best roster will be put on the ice" blabla

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Can't watch this team no more

(gotta love double-negatives btw)

You don't ****ing deserve a day off you lazy useless piece of ****... do 2 hours of "bag-skating" instead. Get those legs going - soviet style.

This is dumb. Yeah, let's have our 34 year old captain wear himself the **** out the day before a game. Think, man.

NooDLE

Oct 21, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Is Kindl really any worse than Ericsson or Smith at this point? I don't think he's played that poorly this season. Defense is suspect at times but at least he can provide some offense.

He's the Stephen Weiss of our defense... or would Weiss the Kindl of our forwards?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Is Kindl really any worse than Ericsson or Smith at this point? I don't think he's played that poorly this season. Defense is suspect at times but at least he can provide some offense.

He's the Stephen Weiss of our defense... or would Weiss the Kindl of our forwards?

Kindl actually produces at times, so he's the Kindl of Kindl's.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
For the moment, he looks like the better choice. Just until he's having the next big turnover or ****s it up in another way. At the end of the day, it was just one good game for a start.
So, I won't read much into it. But won't have any problem with him getting another chance to prove that the team is better off with him right now, instead of Big E for instance.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Ericsson may be having his worst season, so... who knows. Smith started out better and Kindl started out worse. Each time Kindl has sat for a spell and come back he's looked decent to good at first.

I dunno, he's an enigma. Some days he looks like he could even be a middle pairing dude with some PP looks. Other days he looks like a dumpster fire.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the team is soft as butter both physically and mentally.

babcock knows this, could he really hammer them at this time in the media?

we have a "soft leadership" style in detroit where direct confrontation both on/off the ice isnt something we're suited for

babs didnt say what he wanted to, he said what he had to...

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
the team is soft as butter both physically and mentally.

babcock knows this, could he really hammer them at this time in the media?

we have a "soft leadership" style in detroit where direct confrontation both on/off the ice isnt something we're suited for

babs didnt say what he wanted to, he said what he had to...

Meh, Wings fans have said this ever year since 2000. I don't buy this at all.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Meh, Wings fans have said this ever year since 2000. I don't buy this at all.

i think wings fans in the past meant it more in terms of our fighting ability in a 1 on 1 staged fight

i think we dont like adversity too much, dont like to be challenged physically to much, dont like having to fight to get too hard areas of the ice, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad