LIVE: Swedish U20 Final (free stream)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fun game! Even though it didn't include Djurgården:(

HÃ¥kan Andersson must be the most quiet man on earth, I couldn't understand a word of his mumbling, even though I was interested to hear what he had to say.

I hope Frölunda takes care of theese players, put those good juniors to use this time around.

Klinberg already signed one year contract with Helsinki (or Helsingfors to you Swedes) Jokerit.

His Beardliness*

So they've already failed to keep their most promising talent.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
I hope Frölunda takes care of theese players, put those good juniors to use this time around.
Frölunda have allready signed a lot of players, if they continue to fill up the roster talents like Collberg ends up way down the depth chart. The team has a history of losing a lot of talanted players that ends up playing and having succes elsewhere, let's hope they have learned the lesson from the past.
They have also ended up losing players who really got to play. Lars Eller, Erik Karlsson (d-man), Philip Larsen - how much use did they really get out of them?

So they've already failed to keep their most promising talent.
What would be the point in keeping him and playing him for 20 minutes a game, though? He would be out of here at the end of next season anyway.
Djurgården played a bunch youngsters in 09-10. Lost a ton of them, and probably a couple of more this season. Didn't win them **** at the end of the day. Same with Skellefteå this season, if they drop two more games.

Last edited:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
They have also ended up losing players who really got to play. Lars Eller, Erik Karlsson (d-man), Philip Larsen - how much use did they really get out of them?

Yeah that sucks that players stay so few years, sadly that's just the way things work . If NHL teams had four years to sign swedish prospects things hopefully would be a little better.

I understand your reasoning, but if you think like that, what's the point of having a junior team at all? You got a Lasu and a Tömmernes at least :)

After all I don't think a team like Skellefteå will regret letting their juniors play, they will lose some to NA and keep some (like Lundberg, Karlsson, Burström) that will turn out to be damn fine SEL-players for the team.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
I'm not in favor of not playing them, just to clarify :) It's just a bit annoying when people accuse us of not playing any young guys at all.

I agree about the last part though, Frölunda needs to get more of those solid SEL players from within the system.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Djurgården played a bunch youngsters in 09-10. Lost a ton of them, and probably a couple of more this season. Didn't win them **** at the end of the day. Same with Skellefteå this season, if they drop two more games.

Well you defenitely got a point. However you could see it like both Skellefteå and Djurgården got a lot of production from players with very cheap contracts + some bonus money when the talents go to NA from the transfer agreement. The kids is one of the reason Skellefteå reached the finals for the first time in 30 year, so I think they are quite satisfied anyhow.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
What would be the point in keeping him and playing him for 20 minutes a game, though? He would be out of here at the end of next season anyway.

Yeah, let's get rid of the players that are to good to play for our junior team and go to the market and buy higly rated finnish players and pay them alot of cash. Cheap junior players are not welcomed on our team as they do not have what it takes to win championships. We wan't to win now not tomorrow or the day after that! :sarcasm:

Haven't you learned anything from the past? :help:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Hockey is about winning, but I'm sure they enjoyed the extra money in the bank by being as competitive with less. Money that in the end can be spent on new juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad