TV: Live PD and Cops are both cancelled

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Where did they say that?

With 11 charges that is a lot that has to go right for the cop to completely get off with no charges.

So you think shooting a taser at someone is a death sentence? Should we shoot drunk drivers who run from the police?

You seem to provide a lot of leeway for police to shoot at people. What reasons are they NOT justified to shoot at people?

He proved he was willing to take a police weapon and use it on them, if that isn't justified I don't know what is

If stealing weapons and using them on others is "leeway" I guess I'm ok with "leeway" since that looks remarkably like self defense, or are you against self defense to?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where did they say that?

With 11 charges that is a lot that has to go right for the cop to completely get off with no charges.

So you think shooting a taser at someone is a death sentence? Should we shoot drunk drivers who run from the police?

You seem to provide a lot of leeway for police to shoot at people. What reasons are they NOT justified to shoot at people?

Also is it justified to kick a man after shooting him? What about not administering medical aid? All of that is above board?
It's the justification he used to recently charged officers with aggravated assault. The reason why the taser makes it justified is because when a taser works properly, the suspect would then have access to the officer's actual weapon. It's also true that tasers can kill, they aren't always non-lethal.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It's the justification he used to recently charged officers with aggravated assault. The reason why the taser makes it justified is because when a taser works properly, the suspect would then have access to the officer's actual weapon. It's also true that tasers can kill, they aren't always non-lethal.

When was this?

Also tasers CAN kill. Hitting someone in the head can kill. But you know what can't kill? A taser that has no ammo. After firing that second shot he is in no danger of killing the officers with the taser. Keep in mind I am trying to hold police to a higher standard than average citizens.

He proved he was willing to take a police weapon and use it on them, if that isn't justified I don't know what is

If stealing weapons and using them on others is "leeway" I guess I'm ok with "leeway" since that looks remarkably like self defense, or are you against self defense to?
A baton is a police weapon. Pepper spray is a police weapon.

And like I said, he had no more ammo after taking the first shot. Was the officer incapable of counting to two?

The officers may get off and the jury may determine the shooting is justified. But it is wrong to assume that the video completely vindicates the officer.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Police are to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the country. That is why they get the training, that is why they are paid money, and that is why we are supposed to trust them to do the right thing in these situations.

Police dropping down to the level of criminals isn't justifiable.

That's true, but they also have one of the toughest jobs and mistakes happen. They need to be accountable for them, but we also have to have some understanding and not declare every mistake "police brutality," especially without consideration of all of the facts.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
When was this?

Also tasers CAN kill. Hitting someone in the head can kill. But you know what can't kill? A taser that has no ammo. After firing that second shot he is in no danger of killing the officers with the taser. Keep in mind I am trying to hold police to a higher standard than average citizens.

Earlier this month. Attorney says DA rushed to charge officers involved in Tasing of college students

Hold them to whatever standard you want, but according to the law, that was a justifiable shooting, and I bet they walk.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Earlier this month. Attorney says DA rushed to charge officers involved in Tasing of college students

Hold them to whatever standard you want, but according to the law, that was a justifiable shooting, and I bet they walk.
And regardless, how deadly is a taser without any ammo?

What is the justification for shooting the man? Because previously he did assault him with a deadly weapon? That he wasn't able to count to two?

That's true, but they also have one of the toughest jobs and mistakes happen. They need to be accountable for them, but we also have to have some understanding and not declare every mistake "police brutality," especially without consideration of all of the facts.

Yes, their jobs are tough. But like I said, that is why they are trained. "Mistakes happen" is a pretty unfortunate framing of the fact that police end lives actively through those "mistakes". This isn't an oopsie.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And regardless, how deadly is a taser without any ammo?

What is the justification for shooting the man? Because previously he did assault him with a deadly weapon? That he wasn't able to count to two?
Like I said, hold them to whatever standard you want, I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole on this one.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
When was this?

A baton is a police weapon. Pepper spray is a police weapon.

And like I said, he had no more ammo after taking the first shot. Was the officer incapable of counting to two?

The officers may get off and the jury may determine the shooting is justified. But it is wrong to assume that the video completely vindicates the officer.

A taser is an incapacitating weapon, which he fired at the officers after he managed to remove from one of their persons

Are the officers supposed to let him run after he's already endangered the public drunk driving and proven to be willing to steal weapons and use them on others?

That video proves that killing was justified which vindicates the officer, his actions and behavior during the incident in question

I'm all for prosecuting and removing bad cops but this isn't an example of it

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
A taser is an incapacitating weapon, which he fired at the officers after he managed to remove from one of their persons

Are the officers supposed to let him run after he's already endangered the public drunk driving and proven to be willing to steal weapons and use them on others?
What danger did he pose other than being a drunk man? Do you think police should shoot any drunk person after they run from police?

Are police incapable of chasing down a feeling drunkard?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

That video proves that killing was justified which vindicates the officer, his actions and behavior during the incident in question

I'm all for prosecuting and removing bad cops but this isn't an example of it
A taser is not a deadly weapon. How is shooting someone in the back self defence?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

What if he stole the officers baton and was swinging it while running away, would his cause of death be justified?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What danger did he pose other than being a drunk man? Do you think police should shoot any drunk person after they run from police?

Are police incapable of chasing down a feeling drunkard?

So the police shouldn't detain drunk drivers? Just let them cruise the streets instead? Should DUI not be a thing now?

Run from the police? He resisted arrest, then stole and used a weapon against them which seems kind of dangerous when you think about it

A taser is not a deadly weapon. How is shooting someone in the back self defence?

Its an incapacitating weapon, which he stole and tried to use on the officers

Are we supposed to believe he wouldn't do it again with a firearm after he's done it with a taser 15 seconds beforehand?

What if he stole the officers baton and was swinging it while running away, would his cause of death be justified?

He stole a taser and fired it at the police officers, so why are you giving me hypotheticals when we know the facts of the case?

The fact neither of you people can stick to the fact pattern as shown on the video says all I need to know

Reactions: McRpro

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So the police shouldn't detain drunk drivers? Just let them cruise the streets instead? Should DUI not be a thing now?

Run from the police? He resisted arrest, then stole and used a weapon against them which seems kind of dangerous when you think about it

Its an incapacitating weapon, which he stole and tried to use on the officers

Are we supposed to believe he wouldn't do it again with a firearm after he's done it with a taser 15 seconds beforehand?

He stole a taser and fired it at the police officers, so why are you giving me hypotheticals when we know the facts of the case?

The fact neither of you people can stick to the fact pattern as shown on the video says all I need to know
The video shows 2 officers poorly trained to subdue a suspect and their lack of skill resulted in them killing a man when their lives were not in jeopardy.

You can't disregard hypotheticals in one sentence then use it to make a point in another.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008

I never said for police not to detain drunk drivers. You have severely misunderstood what I have been saying.

Also I have been using hypotheticals to figure out what kind of standard you set for police to use deadly force. I believe your standard is pathetically lenient based on the few answers you have been able to provide.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I mean, the officers are chasing the man without shooting until Brooks turns and points the taser at the officer. Seems like self-defense, why else did Brooks point the taser at the officer? I guess there's the argument the officer should have known the taser was empty (was it? It looked like it shot on the video). Are we just going to say cops have to take a taser to the chest and not shoot in self-defense?

It's a tragic and unfortunate situation. The cops should have been able to subdue him earlier, Brooks should have not driven drunk and then resisted arrest and stole a weapon from a police officer then pointed at him. He should not have ended up dead. I don't know how you can call it murder though. I don't expect cops to take a taser to the chest without defending themselves.

Tasers can cause severe bodily harm and have killed people before so it's within the scope of self-defense imo.

member 51464

I mean, the officers are chasing the man without shooting until Brooks turns and points the taser at the officer. Seems like self-defense, why else did Brooks point the taser at the officer? I guess there's the argument the officer should have known the taser was empty (was it? It looked like it shot on the video). Are we just going to say cops have to take a taser to the chest and not shoot in self-defense?

It's a tragic and unfortunate situation. The cops should have been able to subdue him earlier, Brooks should have not driven drunk and then resisted arrest and stole a weapon from a police officer then pointed at him. He should not have ended up dead. I don't know how you can call it murder though. I don't expect cops to take a taser to the chest without defending themselves.

Tasers can cause severe bodily harm and have killed people before so it's within the scope of self-defense imo.
By the definition of the jurisdiction where this took place, your last paragraph is wrong.

Police are only supposed to use deadly force if their lives are in danger. In the same way shooting someone in the back when they are running away is not okay, neither is responding to a taser with a bullet.

If that were the case, because tasers have killed people, then police using tasers should be as restricted as police using guns.

Reactions: Stylizer1

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Cops has been back since last year on Fox Streaming but Live PD is officially back baby!!!!!!!!

New name is “On Patrol Live” but it’s the same hosts and same exact 3 hr show on Fri and Sat. Will he airing on Reelz starting this week.

So excited!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad