TV: Live PD and Cops are both cancelled

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Good show. But I didn't like a single character iirc (it's been a while). Corrupt and disgusting people every one of them.
I found Mackie was the only disgusting person and Shane just wanted to please Mackie. The rest of the cast had their inner demons but weren't that abnormal to that of society. The fact Mackie gets off scot free at the end was just insane. Most powerful series finale I have ever seen.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
No, it isn't. Police who have been on shows like that have said they feel forced to make "good tv" and that interferes with their actual, you know, job.

You're making this blanket statement with the lead in "police said". Lol. How many of them said this, what percentage of the cops on the show feel this way? C'mon man.

and sometimes they are just doing the job and come off really normal. The important part is the videos and to learn from them. I'm sure PD's are using their own body cams more for training now then before.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Most inaccurate and made up statement of the day goes to....

'Live PD': Will the demise of reality cop TV bring an era of change?

Accusations of exploiting and misrepresenting people of color. Claims that cops on the show played to the cameras instead of doing their jobs properly. Allegations of stonewalling investigators probing the death of Javier Ambler II, a black man who died during a 2019 traffic stop in Austin, Texas, by a Williamson County sheriff's deputy.

Law enforcement leaders who have worked with those programs say the presence of TV crews resulted in more traffic stops to keep the action moving. Others worry it provokes more aggressive policing behavior.

Russ Boles, a Williamson County commissioner who opposed the presence of "Live PD," questions whether Ambler would still be alive had TV cameras not been filming the deputies involved.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
'Live PD': Will the demise of reality cop TV bring an era of change?

Accusations of exploiting and misrepresenting people of color. Claims that cops on the show played to the cameras instead of doing their jobs properly. Allegations of stonewalling investigators probing the death of Javier Ambler II, a black man who died during a 2019 traffic stop in Austin, Texas, by a Williamson County sheriff's deputy.

Law enforcement leaders who have worked with those programs say the presence of TV crews resulted in more traffic stops to keep the action moving. Others worry it provokes more aggressive policing behavior.

Russ Boles, a Williamson County commissioner who opposed the presence of "Live PD," questions whether Ambler would still be alive had TV cameras not been filming the deputies involved.
I see the word “claims” which is hardly a fact. And i see it saying cops may make more traffic stops aka enforcing laws. So once again, going back to your original comment: “most inaccurate and made up statement of the day goes to...”

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I see the word “claims” which is hardly a fact. And i see it saying cops may make more traffic stops aka enforcing laws. So once again, going back to your original comment: “most inaccurate and made up statement of the day goes to...”

Oh, you're a "give a speeding ticket if you are going 56 in a 55" kind of guy. That says it all.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh, you're a "give a speeding ticket if you are going 56 in a 55" kind of guy. That says it all.
There’s the type of response i would expect from someone who just got called out and cant defend his nonsense post so he resorts to “insults” like that. Bravo sir.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
LOL, this is hilariously ironic considering you were prepared to call everyone who appeared on the show a law breaker not that long ago.

Keep up the good fight!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Well yea, most of the time you can clearly see them committing the crime. Watch the show then report back a bit more knowledgeable on the subject.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This show is so incredibly played out anyway. Cops is so cheesy lol.

Edit: Even as a young person I understood the inherent conflict of interest that this show creates. Not sure how it even became this popular.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That is such a moronic comparison.

Derek Chauvin was shown, on video, kneeling on a person's neck for eight minutes and forty six seconds, as an officer of an institution which gives him incredible power over others. He has been plastered all over because that scene became the catalyst for a major movement which saw people protesting in all 50 states and around the world. There is incredible historic significance in that moment, and I cannot think of a single instance on Cops or LivePD that has a comparable significance.

Videotaping police officers is one of the best methods we as citizens have to keep police accountable. That in no way is comparable to videotaping people while arresting them (for proper reasons or not) for the purpose of making a profit.

It's worth noting that the short clips we see on TV in these cases almost never tells the full story. I bet nobody knows about the two black passengers Rodney King had that weren't "beaten" or the fact that he was suspected of being under the influence of angel dust and it can be exceedingly difficult to subdue someone on that kind of drug. But all everyone ever saw was what it escalated to and not how it escalated. Then they're surprised when the officers walk way from jail time.

I just think it's better to wait for more information in most of these cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey and DoyleG

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
It's worth noting that the short clips we see on TV in these cases almost never tells the full story. I bet nobody knows about the two black passengers Rodney King had that weren't "beaten" or the fact that he was on angel dust and it can be exceedingly difficult to subdue someone on that kind of drug. But all everyone ever saw was what it escalated to and not how it escalated. Then they're surprised when the officers walk way from jail time.

Sadly, we live in a society where facts don't matter as much compared to the outrage.

I'll admit long being a believer in that short clip of the King beating until I read how the video had been edited by the media, with the escalation portions taken out completely.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's worth noting that the short clips we see on TV in these cases almost never tells the full story. I bet nobody knows about the two black passengers Rodney King had that weren't "beaten" or the fact that he was on angel dust and it can be exceedingly difficult to subdue someone on that kind of drug. But all everyone ever saw was what it escalated to and not how it escalated. Then they're surprised when the officers walk way from jail time.

Twitter has made this issue even worse.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Wasn't he just drunk during that event and died later in the pool because of angeldust?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I like how beating the shit out of someone is justified if they are on drugs.

You should be able to detain someone who is laying on the ground without just thumping on the f***ing guy.

Also, what evidence are we supposed to be waiting for regarding the Chauvin murder that would somehow exonerate him? What a crock of shit.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I like how beating the shit out of someone is justified if they are on drugs.

You should be able to detain someone who is laying on the ground without just thumping on the f***ing guy.

Also, what evidence are we supposed to be waiting for regarding the Chauvin murder that would somehow exonerate him? What a crock of shit.
Rayshard Brooks is the one that has more context. No one has been trying to do that to George Floyd.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's worth noting that the short clips we see on TV in these cases almost never tells the full story. I bet nobody knows about the two black passengers Rodney King had that weren't "beaten" or the fact that he was suspected of being under the influence of angel dust and it can be exceedingly difficult to subdue someone on that kind of drug. But all everyone ever saw was what it escalated to and not how it escalated. Then they're surprised when the officers walk way from jail time.

King also led the cops on a high speed chase that involved speeds up to 117 mph on the freeway and then 80 mph through residential areas. When he was finally pulled over, he was no more cooperative:
They say he responded slowly or not at all to commands to lie down and place his hands above his head. He smiled and danced a little pitter-patter, waving to the helicopter; he threw a kiss and wiggled his butt at a female officer who had ordered him, at gunpoint, to lie down; finally, he heaved four male officers off his back who tried to handcuff him and seemed to shrug it off when police stunned him with a Taser. King's behavior so alarmed the arresting officers that they mistakenly assumed he was on PCP. A second Taser dart fired by Sgt. Stacey Koon failed to incapacitate the 6-foot, 3-inch, 225-pound King. Then, across the street, an amateur videotaper named George Holliday turned on his camcorder and taped the conclusion of what soon became the most infamous beating in history.
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/1993/05/23/the-untold-story-of-the-la-riot

Even after the video starts, he's shown getting up and charging at one of the officers, but most news outlets didn't show that part. After being knocked to the ground, he tried to get up again and the officers, no doubt afraid that he'd charge them again, knocked him to the ground again. They then continued to beat him on the ground because he continued to refuse to put his hands on his head or behind his back. It all went on too long and was disturbingly excessive, so I'm not excusing it, but King was just as much to blame for escalating the situation to that point.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
King also led the cops on a high speed chase that involved speeds up to 117 mph on the freeway and then 80 mph through residential areas. When he was finally pulled over, he was no more cooperative:

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/1993/05/23/the-untold-story-of-the-la-riot

Even after the video starts, he's shown getting up and charging at one of the officers, but most news outlets didn't show that part. After being knocked to the ground, he tried to get up again and the officers, no doubt afraid that he'd charge them again, knocked him to the ground again. They then continued to beat him on the ground because he continued to refuse to put his hands on his head or behind his back. It all went on too long and was disturbingly excessive, so I'm not excusing it, but King was just as much to blame for escalating the situation to that point.
Police are to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the country. That is why they get the training, that is why they are paid money, and that is why we are supposed to trust them to do the right thing in these situations.

Police dropping down to the level of criminals isn't justifiable.

Rayshard Brooks is the one that has more context. No one has been trying to do that to George Floyd.
And the DA who is taking all that evidence into account is placing 11 charges on the officer.

The officer in question also was accused of covering up a shooting in 2015. So do we really think the evidence looks better or worse on the officers in this case?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Police are to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the country. That is why they get the training, that is why they are paid money, and that is why we are supposed to trust them to do the right thing in these situations.

And the DA who is taking all that evidence into account is placing 11 charges on the officer.

The officer in question also was accused of covering up a shooting in 2015. So do we really think the evidence looks better or worse on the officers in this case?

We have the entire video of what happened in the Brooks shooting, are we not supposed to believe our lying eyes?
He didn't endanger the public driving drunk? resist arrest and then take a police weapon then try to use it on them?

So? the DA can charge but good luck getting a conviction for that, the officers history has no baring on this situation and they were nothing but polite through the entire episode

You don't right a wrong like the Floyd murder by prosecuting officers who were doing the right thing and were justified in their actions

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

And the same DA just recently said a taser is a deadly weapon under Georgia law, so according to him Brooks shot a deadly weapon at the officers. They will easilt get off because of his clear incompetence.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
And the same DA just recently said a taser is a deadly weapon under Georgia law, so according to him Brooks shot a deadly weapon at the officers. They will easilt get off because of his clear incompetence.
Where did they say that?

With 11 charges that is a lot that has to go right for the cop to completely get off with no charges.

We have the entire video of what happened in the Brooks shooting, are we not supposed to believe our lying eyes?
He didn't endanger the public driving drunk? resist arrest and then take a police weapon then try to use it on them?

So? the DA can charge but good luck getting a conviction for that, the officers history has no baring on this situation and they were nothing but polite through the entire episode

You don't right a wrong like the Floyd murder by prosecuting officers who were doing the right thing and were justified in their actions
So you think shooting a taser at someone is a death sentence? Should we shoot drunk drivers who run from the police?

You seem to provide a lot of leeway for police to shoot at people. What reasons are they NOT justified to shoot at people?

Also is it justified to kick a man after shooting him? What about not administering medical aid? All of that is above board?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad