Prospect Info: Linus Weissbach (2017, 192nd) signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watching him work with Frederic and it just fits. They find each other in traffic, step to openings to generate space and passing lanes and generally know where one another are going to be. Nothing on the scoresheet so far but plenty of opportunities.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Early returns says Botterill killed it in his first draft, but’s it’s still early.....

I have no idea if this kid is going to make it, but he’s going to be a dominant NCAA player by the time he leaves.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Quality chance in front, just now, great save by the Wolverine's starter Lavigne. Always like his puck movement and a bit of jam.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Attacks the slot with pace, shifts to his left and finds Wagner near the right faceoff dot who buries it. 2nd primary of the night.

Reactions: 81818o8

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We are better at drafting in the 7th than in the middle rounds recently. Oloffson seems like a gem, Glotov still has some potential to make it and this kid was my favorite pick last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Swoops out from behind the Wolverine's net, pass back to the right point and will get the 2nd assist on Frederic's goal. He was out there for GF2 as well, no assist.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
8-14 in 28 and PPG in last 7 games as a freshman. Not bad for a 7th rounder. I love Buffalo's Swedes.

No physical element to his game with 1 block and 0 hits for the season but Id rather have a skilled point producer than anything else considering our scoring record.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
8-14 in 28 and PPG in last 7 games as a freshman. Not bad for a 7th rounder. I love Buffalo's Swedes.

No physical element to his game with 1 block and 0 hits for the season but Id rather have a skilled point producer than anything else considering our scoring record.

When you say 'no physical element' do you just mean he didn't block shots or hit? Or does that also mean he doesn't go to high traffic areas and isn't willing to take a hit to make a play?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He gets into high traffic areas well enough and he's not shy about contact even if he's likely to lose simply due to size.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
He gets into high traffic areas well enough and he's not shy about contact even if he's likely to lose simply due to size.

I'm struggling to find the stat that shows how many times a player goes into high traffic areas, and the one that shows taking contact. Please help. Asking for a friend. :sarcasm:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
When you say 'no physical element' do you just mean he didn't block shots or hit? Or does that also mean he doesn't go to high traffic areas and isn't willing to take a hit to make a play?
Cant possibly say based on 40 mins Ive watched him play, half of which in summer scrimmages. Also I dont define getting hit as a physical element. As I said, Im perfectly fine him not bringing this if he can become a good point producer at pro level someday. Of course he could be another Griffith who is good at up to AHL level but just doesnt jave that next level of game to play well at NHL level (unfortunately).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He isn’t a passenger on that line, despite Frederic’s draft pedigree. Linus makes things happen just as much as anyone else on that line.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sweet short area pass to Frederic in front for a prime chance. He ducked a check (may have been Lindgren who threw the hit) to slip the puck back against the grain. Solid save.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not sure how to temper viewing him tonight watching the Gophers' struggle in their own zone, but Linus is certainly a reason why the Gophers are having problems. Watching him do those things scorers do - taking that step against the grain and finding openings, anticipating where to be.... very good at it.

I don't know what the Sabres timeline might be with this kid, but letting him marinate for a few more seasons is fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad