Value of: Linus Ullmark

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Ullmark+Hall for Boucher+Ostapchuck+1st

Ottawa then flips DeBrincat for futures, Hall slides into his spot. Boston uses the freed up capspace to fill some holes in their roster.

Reactions: Sevendust

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Corey Schneider was traded to the Devils for the 9th overall pick. That is probably a good comparable.

Marc-Andre Fleury was a straight up cap dump to Chicago so you can't really use him as a comparable.

Goalie market will vary on supply/demand. Demand for Schneider was higher with Edmonton and New Jersey; Schneider was also a little bit younger. Lately it just hasn't been a good time to be selling a goalie since most teams have a #1 (or somebody they're paying like a #1).

Ballpark duos for next year:

ANA: Gibson | Dostal?
CGY: Markstrom | Vladar | Wolf
EDM: Skinner | Campbell
LAK: tbd | Copley | Petersen
SEA: Grubauer | Driedger
SJS: tbd| Kahkonen
VAN: Demko | Martin
VGK: Lehner* | Thompson | tbd

ARZ: Vejmelka | Ingram | Prosvetov
CHI: Mrazek | tbd
COL: Georgiev | Francouz
DAL: Oettinger | Wedgewood
MIN: Gustavsson | Fleury
NSH: Saros | Lankinen
STL: Binnington | Hofer
WPG: Hellebucyk | tbd

BOS: Ullmark | Swayman
BUF: Levi? | Comrie | Luukkonen
DET: Husso | tbd
FLO: Bobrovsky | Knight
MON: Price* | Allen | Montembeault
OTT: tbd | Forsberg
TBL: Vasilevskiy | tbd
TOR: Samsonov | Murray

CAR: tbd | Kochetkov
CLB: Merzlikins | Tarasov
NJD: Vanecek | Schmid | Blackwood?
NYI: Sorokin | tbd
NYR: Shesterkin | tbd
PHI: Hart | Ersson | Sandstrom
PIT: tbd | DeSmith
WSH: Kuemper | Lindgren

Pittsburgh, Carolina, Ottawa, Los Angeles, and San Jose might be the only teams looking for a starter and I doubt the Sharks would be looking at Ullmark. Pittsburgh's given up a bunch of picks, so maybe makes more sense for them to go the free agent route. Could see LA extending Korpisalo, but maybe there's a deal to be had there? Boston might prefer to deal Ullmark out of conference if given a choice. LA might have some extra ELC bodies that could aid Boston's cap crunch.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Corey Schneider was traded to the Devils for the 9th overall pick. That is probably a good comparable.

Marc-Andre Fleury was a straight up cap dump to Chicago so you can't really use him as a comparable.
I don't see it as equal at all, Schneider was much younger with no real injury history

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
16 team no trade list, thats like a full NMC for a goalie, don't see him moving.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Career backup who had a Jim Carey year. You definitely trade him this summer, he will go back to his career backup role next year.

Brutal take. He put up starter numbers backing awful Buffalo teams, he just couldn’t stay healthy. Still can’t, apparently.

Any word on what his injury was?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
He's no longer on the Bruins bench. Shades of Luongo or is he going to New Jersey..?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
He's been hanging out in the tunnel. For some reason, there's not enough room on the visitor bench tonight.
The image in my head is just him in the goalie equipment in the tunnel, staring forlornly, slamming Marlboro after Marlboro

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
With some of the mock trades I saw for Markstrom on here, I assume you add a bit more for the former Vezina winner.
The goalie market is so weird. On one hand vezina winning Fleury got traded for nothing. But then there's the rumored Markstrom trades.

I really think Boston would be smart to cash out on him before the deadline. Either flip him for a skater that can play now, or take the best offer and flip those assets for someone.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
A little more risk than Siegs, but maybe if we add Stillman. We could add a second tier prospect from our end.

Lazar, Bahl, Stillman, and a 2025 1st protected for Ullmark plus
How about Merkulov as the plus.

Reactions: SPV

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A little more risk than Siegs, but maybe if we add Stillman. We could add a second tier prospect from our end.

Lazar, Bahl, Stillman, and a 2025 1st protected for Ullmark plus
I'm not sure NJ would want to move Lazar. He's signed for next season and one of the few guys on the team that has played hard every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad