Waived: Linus Omark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

How does his performance in shootouts outside the NHL help NHL teams, exactly?

I'm confused....

:dunno:

It fits Omarks profile perfectly.

He uses his skills to shine against lesser competition, and when he plays against the best in the world those skills don't translate.

It's classic Omark.

Or it's John Scott's fault. One of those things

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I don't get why data from outside the NHL is somehow more valuable, is all.

Rob Schremp was great outside the NHL, too. That didn't mean squat when he go to the show, either.

Sample size. Omark has a history of being good at shootouts and goes 2-9 in the NHL. That doesn't mean he's suddenly **** at them or that it was a mirage.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sample size. Omark has a history of being good at shootouts and goes 2-9 in the NHL. That doesn't mean he's suddenly **** at them or that it was a mirage.

What was the sample size of him in the shootout outside the NHL?

What are the stats there?

If you are going to throw "small sample size" out there, then you better have a larger sample size of his outside the NHL shootout performance to try and have any sort of ground to stand on.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
What was the sample size of him in the shootout outside the NHL?

What are the stats there?

If you are going to throw "small sample size" out there, then you better have a larger sample size of his outside the NHL shootout performance to try and have any sort of ground to stand on.

I don't have actual numbers, admittedly, but around the time we picked him up a lot of the past articles I read on him mentioned his past success as one of the reasons the Oilers kept giving him a shot in the first place. I'm not sure where I'd find the raw statistics but the tenor of those articles would lead one to reasonably believe there were considerably more than 9 attempts in his non-NHL career

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I know it's the Olympic break and all... but 7 pages on Linus Omark getting waived is a little ridiculous.

Mike Ryan cleared waivers once, and that thread got 8 replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I know it's the Olympic break and all... but 7 pages on Linus Omark getting waived is a little ridiculous.

Mike Ryan cleared waivers once, and that thread got 8 replies.

I'd literally rather talk about Linus Omark than watch a Sabres game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad