Linus Omark contract bought out, signs in Sweden

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Happy trails.

Still OK that the organization took a chance.

Are you satisfied with the look he was given? I can't decide. As I mentioned, he was very underwhelming - but not exactly put in a position within his bailiwick...

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I had hoped Omark would succeed as a Sabre, he had skill, just the wrong style of play. Maybe in another system with a defined role Omark could contribute, just not sure if having a longer look would have mattered here, especially after Nolan commented on his needing less skill.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Are you satisfied with the look he was given? I can't decide. As I mentioned, he was very underwhelming - but not exactly put in a position within his bailiwick...

Omark played 422 professional hockey games before coming to Buffalo. Pretty sure the vast majority have video.

How much more of a look do people want?

At this point in his career, he is what he is. Above average AHL player, well below average NHL one. Occasionally spikes a Youtube video for a shootout attempt, but other than that....what?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Omark played 422 professional hockey games before coming to Buffalo. Pretty sure the vast majority have video.

How much more of a look do people want?

At this point in his career, he is what he is. Above average AHL player, well below average NHL one. Occasionally spikes a Youtube video for a shootout attempt, but other than that....what?

So we brought him in under the premise he would play exactly like footage shows? Or did we bring him in under the hopes of trying to get something out of him that had yet to be extracted? I'm not following your video logic.

Either way, he wasn't good here. But he was playing on the fourth line many nights. So I'm not sure.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So we brought him in under the premise he would play exactly like footage shows? Or did we bring him in under the hopes of trying to get something out of him that had yet to be extracted? I'm not following your video logic.

Either way, he wasn't good here. But he was playing on the fourth line many nights. So I'm not sure.

He was brought in because we needed a body at the time and he was available. Nothing more to it. Once you except that fact it becomes less confusing that he didn't work out.

And can we please drop the fiction that he was stuck on the 4th line or with Scott/Ellis most nights. His top 5 ES linemates were Flynn 28%, Ennis 27%, Foligno 25%, Leino 25% and Stafford 21%. He played less than 2mins Total with John Scott. Omark was also one of the top 6 forwards in PP ice time at a little over 2mins per night in his time here. That's on par with Ott and Stafford.

Omark was picked up by a team in the Sabres that needed a body and really weren't looking for a reclaim action project. He needed to make something happen to stay in the lineup and get more ice time. He didn't and now that they don't need him. The Sabres are sending him packing.

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He was brought in because we needed a body at the time and he was available. Nothing more to it. Once you except that fact it becomes less confusing that he didn't work out.

And can we please drop the fiction that he was stuck on the 4th line or with Scott/Ellis most nights. His top 5 ES linemates were Flynn 28%, Ennis 27%, Foligno 25%, Leino 25% and Stafford 21%. He played less than 2mins Total with John Scott. Omark was also one of the top 6 forwards in PP ice time at a little over 2mins per night in his time here. That's on par with Ott and Stafford.

Omark was picked up by a team in the Sabres that needed a body and really weren't looking for a reclaim action project. He needed to make something happen to stay in the lineup and get more ice time. He didn't and now that they don't need him. The Sabres are sending him packing.

Is this right?

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm

If you take away the 3 games where he had "normal" amount of ice time aka 16 min and his PP time, are you sure those where his ES line mates? If you have the percentages, why cant you post the minutes? He had one game where he had half the shifts with Ott/CoHo and the other half was given to Leino. For most games, he got less than 10 min ES and had 2 shifts per period with 3/4th line + 2nd PP.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl - The Sabres' Linus Omark has cleared waivers, according to @TSNBobMcKenzie, which paves way for him to return to Sweden.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie - No surprise, Omark (BUF) and Curry (MIN) both cleared waivers.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
When talking about the "look" he was given, fans on forums often forget the team saw him every single day in practice as well.

Karate Johnson*

He gone.

I can't believe it. Looks like another rebuilding year next year. We just became "sellers". Smh

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Good.

Now the issue is closed and we shouldn't have to hear Omarks name uttered again.

2lld99w.jpg

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Looking at stats, Omark got 10 min ES per game on average. How many of Leino, Flynn, Ellis plays 10 min ES per night?

Percentages doesn't lend themself well for such a small sample of games. Omark had a few games with normal ice time with those players, which shows as his main teammates because of the lack of minutes he played in the majority of games with lesser team mates.

Bottom line is still the same, he didnt play good enough to warrent a further look. However, posting stats with comments to misinform forum posters is a bit silly.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Looking at stats, Omark got 10 min ES per game on average. How many of Leino, Flynn, Ellis plays 10 min ES per night?

Ask and you shall receive :)

His top five line mates ES atoi.

1. Flynn ----> 12:02
2. Ennis ----> 15:08
3. Foligno --> 12:24
4. Leino ----> 12:57
5. Stafford -> 14:13

Omark's ES atoi --10:45.

Our regular 4th liners ES ice time

Ellis --------> 8:50
Konopka --> 8:05
Scott ------> 6:05

Percentages doesn't lend themself well for such a small sample of games. Omark had a few games with normal ice time with those players, which shows as his main teammates because of the lack of minutes he played in the majority of games with lesser team mates.
How exactly do the percentages not lend themselves well for the point I was making? Which was Omark wasn't a regular on the 4th line and didn't play with Scott/Ellis much at all. (Zip posted he had only played a total of 1:28 with Scott, I forgot the site thats from). I get the sense you think I'm arguing he spent most of his time in the top 6 and I'm not. Aside from the bunking I was pointing out he played enough with decent players and on the PP to make a mark and stay in the lineup.

As an aside, I've seen you post the idea of "normal minutes" a couple times. What exactly are normal minutes?

Bottom line is still the same, he didnt play good enough to warrent a further look. However, posting stats with comments to misinform forum posters is a bit silly.
:laugh:

You mean posting facts to dispel the myth that Omark played primarily on the 4th line and with the likes of Scott and Ellis. Thats all those numbers were put out there to dispel. There has been no misinformation passed on by me. Or is there something else you were getting at with that comment?

At the end of the day Omark isn't good enough to play top 6 minutes in the NHL and isn't willing to play the type of game needed to stay in a NHL lineup in the bottom 6. So he is off to Sweden to be close to home and make the most of his career financially. Can't say I blame him.

Last edited:

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
:laugh:

You mean posting facts to dispel the myth that Omark played primarily on the 4th line and with the likes of Scott and Ellis. Thats all those numbers were put out there to dispel. There has been no misinformation passed on by me.

At the end of the day Omark isn't good enough to play top 6 minutes in the NHL and isn't willing to play the type of game needed to stay in a NHL lineup in the bottom 6. So he is off to Sweden to be close to home and make the most of his career financially. Can't say I blame him.

Way to ignore the point he's making :shakehead

Whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad