GDT: lineup @ ottawa (Friday Oct 3rd-7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
There is no loosely here, DD -is- used as a 1st liner by the Montreal Canadien, that's not even remotely debatable.

His average ice time per game is lower than many other center around the league because we barely use him for the d-zone start and he doesn't play on the PK.

Btw, Scott Gomez managed to do 14 points in 19 games during the 2010 playoffs, Scott ****ing Gomez, let that sink in for a minute.

Call him first line center all you want. Doesn't bother me any. He's clearly not used like one though. Like I said it's the foundation of the argument for DD haters though so I know it's tough to swallow. Not sure what bringing up Gomez has to do with anything.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
gonna be keeping my eye on our top 2 lines as they project to be our opening roster top 6

and of course, that defense, should be really interresting

MauriceTheGreat*

There is no loosely here, DD -is- used as a 1st liner by the Montreal Canadien, that's not even remotely debatable.

His average ice time per game is lower than many other center around the league because we barely use him for the d-zone start and he doesn't play on the PK.

Btw, Scott Gomez managed to do 14 points in 19 games during the 2010 playoffs, Scott ****ing Gomez, let that sink in for a minute.

Someone just proved the opposite of all what you said lol, yet you come with ''that's not even remotely debatable''. clap clap

Habs are a team that works with 3 centers and Desharnais is doing what he's better at and it's playing with Pacioretty. That's it, that's all.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think Thomas is in any "danger" of making this team, and I have nothing against giving him an extended look in he pre-season.

My issue is he survives longer than Andrighetto who is clearly a better player than him now and long term.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Soo predictable, just like Briere last year PAP won't work on that first line. Give it 5 games and Gallagher will be back on that line.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
DLR is brand new to the coaches, just getting to know the kid. He obviously has no place in the line up quite yet.
The one player I believe is making the most waves is Darren Dietz. His skating, foot speed, gap control has opened eyes. Another thing about him that some may not be aware of is his toughness.

Analyzer*

My issue is he survives longer than Andrighetto who is clearly a better player than him now and long term.

In the AHL this is true. In this pre-season Thomas has been the better player. That's what the team is looking at.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Someone just proved the opposite of all what you said lol, yet you come with ''that's not even remotely debatable''. clap clap

Habs are a team that works with 3 centers and Desharnais is doing what he's better at and it's playing with Pacioretty. That's it, that's all.

Proved what exactly? that better and more complete centers around the league get more ice time than DD? Shocking. Small problem here, those centers don't play for the Habs.

The guy play with Pacioretty and Vanek, he's the most used center on the PP, get the lion's share of the O-zone start and offensive opportunities and yet he's not playing on OUR 1st line? That's preposterous.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In the AHL this is true. In this pre-season Thomas has been the better player. That's what the team is looking at.

I disagree.. I think Andrighetto has looked just as good if not better and he's been playing center for most of it, which, is not his natural position and I don't know if he's played it in juniors or beyond.

MauriceTheGreat*

Proved what exactly? that better and more complete centers around the league get more ice time than DD? Shocking. Small problem here, those centers don't play for the Habs.

The guy play with Pacioretty and Vanek, he's the most used center on the PP, get the lion's share of the O-zone start and offensive opportunities and yet he's not playing on OUR 1st line? That's preposterous.

In Habs language, he's the offensive center.
I'm pretty sure centers like Couturier get nowhere as much PP minutes as DD.

Also I'm not a DD lover at all but you're freaking out.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Thomas has managed to disappear for periods at a time.
He has a scoring touch but if you think back to last year the one surprise at camp (Bournival) literally made something happen each and every shift.
He is far from what some people seem to think his is.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
He has a scoring touch but if you think back to last year the one surprise at camp (Bournival) literally made something happen each and every shift.

If only Bournival had Thomas' scoring touch.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Shouldn't we be icing a more complete roster by now?

We have back to back games. If he ices a more complete roster tonight, who plays tomorrow? No need to have many vets play back-to-back in the pre season.

Analyzer*

I disagree.. I think Andrighetto has looked just as good if not better and he's been playing center for most of it, which, is not his natural position and I don't know if he's played it in juniors or beyond.

While center is harder, Thomas has still be somewhat strong in most games.

Not like Andrighetto hasn't. Ghetto played well at times and seemed hungry, but overall Thomas seemed hungrier when going after a puck, or battling.

Will Thomas make it ? I doubt it. Is Thomas better ? No, just that he's shown a little more than Andrighetto.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Over 100 years of history
24 Stanley cups
Most storied hockey franchise of all time...

Uses Comic Sans on their ****ing lineup sheets.

:facepalm:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
In Habs language, he's the offensive center.
I'm pretty sure centers like Couturier get nowhere as much PP minutes as DD.

Also I'm not a DD lover at all but you're freaking out.

In Habs language? You're just grasping at straws now :laugh:
But **** it, let's roll with it.

Version 1: 8 points in 17 games is an unacceptable performance for a 1st liner.
Version 2: 8 points in 17 games is an unacceptable performance for a offensive center, the guy we play with our top wingers and on the 1st PP unit and on every other offensive opportunities.

Thanks mate. :sarcasm:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Looks to me like that dream is over. Only way he gets any time at centre is if one of Eller, DD, Plek get injured. All 3 have been quite resilient to injury through the years lol.

I don't think keeping him at the wing in favour of inferior centres, but it is what it is. I just hope he'll play 15+ minutes per game with a lot of PP time. Or atleast be put in a situation where he can get 40-50 points...

I want 60-70 points and that can only come from playing top-6 wing not bottom-6 center.

MauriceTheGreat*

In Habs language? You're just grasping at straws now :laugh:
Sure keep acting like Habs doesn't roll 3 lines each with a specific role and shared ice-time.

Version 1: 8 points in 17 games is an unacceptable performance for a 1st liner.
Version 2: 8 points in 17 games is an unacceptable performance for a offensive center, the guy we play with our top wingers and on the 1st PP unit and on every other offensive opportunities.

Thanks mate. :sarcasm:
It's funny because he was miles better than Vanek and even better than Patches. He was +4 while patches was -1. While it's not a good argument Vanek had 10 pts and was -4 (all supposed to share ice time on the same line).
Patches only had 5 goals in 17 games, might aswell do like Lafleur said and trade him cause his goals total was unnaceptable. We should promote Bourque on the first line and extend his contract for his 8 goals, mate. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys think this is Tinordi last chance for the number 6 D ?

How does a 22 year old get a last chance on one game? It's a continuum -- if he's still making mental errors or has glaring deficiencies in his game, he just needs more seasoning. Defensemen take longer to develop, there is no use rushing him. For all we know, if he's not ready now, he may just be a mid-season call-up or earlier, if he really shows huge progress in the AHL.

Of course, there would be no use putting a 22-year old who needs ice time, in the position of a 7th D, for instance. If he doesn't cut it as a 6th D, then so be it. As someone put it recently, we're dealing with a player who could be a staple for the next decade -- no one will remember that it took an extra season or half season in the minors before he was finally deemed ready for the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad