GDT: lineup @ ottawa (Friday Oct 3rd-7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Donaldson*

who gives a ****.
They went to the conference final last year.
Calm down. Everything's going to be okay.
Get off Therrien's ****.

I swear some of you would be happier if we went 10-72 this year with Galchenyuk at Centre and all your other dumb **** proposed lines.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
who gives a ****.
Get off Therrien's ****.

I swear some of you would be happier if we went 10-72 this year with Galchenyuk at Centre and all your other dumb **** proposed lines.

It would be better to go 10-72 and win a cup in the next 5 years than be happy with first/second/third round exits with DD as our top line center for the next decade because of his constant disappearing act when the games count.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looks to me like that dream is over. Only way he gets any time at centre is if one of Eller, DD, Plek get injured. All 3 have been quite resilient to injury through the years lol.

I don't think keeping him at the wing in favour of inferior centres, but it is what it is. I just hope he'll play 15+ minutes per game with a lot of PP time. Or atleast be put in a situation where he can get 40-50 points...

The dream is temporarily postponed. We sometimes forget we're dealing with a 20-year old and most players his age are not even in the NHL. As long as he gets meaningful minutes, there is a gameplan in place and I like most of what I am seeing in terms of management decision-making, so won't sweat it if he doesn't play center at all this year -- there is plenty of time.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
It would be better to go 10-72 and win a cup in the next 5 years than be happy with first/second/third round exits with DD as our top line center for the next decade because of his constant disappearing act when the games count.

Can you explain how going from:

to go 10-72

to:

win a cup in the next 5 years

works? Edmonton missed the information session.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just heard a clip from Frankie Boo, about how he's always been on the bubble for a spot, in the past 15 years.

Good on you Frankie, but for those years where Uncle Michel has been around, you didn't have to fight that hard for a spot -- he's always had your back. :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
who gives a ****.
Get off Therrien's ****.

Easy there Big Fella...
Everyone is calm. We just aren't used to such obstinance...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
okay so they're playing two games in a row? then why are people (not you WTK) using this as an excuse to jump on MT? no need to ice your full line up two games in a row when the games don't even matter. my god people. you guys really reach when you don't like somebody.

Amen, common sense comment

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Disappearing. Lol.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
who gives a ****.
Get off Therrien's ****.

Jesus calm down. It's only preseason maaaan.

edit: No commas even. Commas don't come out till regular season if at all.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Going a little late with evaluation but whatever..

Tomorrow will be the full line up minus any therapy days

Yeah, you would expect a full lineup at this point with the lines pretty much set. Its pretty clear that sekac is the only one out of the new guys that has made it.

This should be the time to have your NHL players alongside their projected linemates, to regain that "feel" and chemistry, or to get acquainted in the case of new lineemates

Aug 25, 2009
éal

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't like that they haven't made up their minds just yet.
And I don't like that they saw something in Thomas and DLR that makes them think they're worthy of still being in Montreal. It's as if their minds were set no matter how camp went on.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Did you even watch the playoffs this year... Deshernais was awesome.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Chicago and LA both finished bottom 5 and won multiple cups in 5 years.

Sam Pollock always claimed the best player available in the draft...
He was also smart enough to move them when they still had value to bolster his club.
Edmonton has become the Siberia of the NHL no one wants to go there so its hard to complete a transaction of any significance with NT clauses in place.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don't like that they haven't made up their minds just yet.
And I don't like that they saw something in Thomas and DLR that makes them think they're worthy of still being in Montreal. It's as if their minds were set no matter how camp went on.

I partially agree. In my opinion, DLR has shown absolutely nothing to warrant a spot in the lineup this late. Thomas has been better and I understand why he's still here.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
8 points in 17 games is an unacceptable performance for a 1st liner, no matter how you spin it.

He's losely called a first liner around here, but has nowhere near the minutes of a 1st line center. 61 Centers in the NHL last year had more icetime than DD. But I understand that it fits the argument to get rid of him better if you call him a first liner.

Btw, he outproduced about half of those centers with more icetime than he had.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I partially agree. In my opinion, DLR has shown absolutely nothing to warrant a spot in the lineup this late. Thomas has been better and I understand why he's still here.

Still, looking at the big picture, having a RW lineup of Parenteau, Gallagher and Thomas should NOT be an option that even gets 2 seconds of consideration. Especially knowing what the other contestant (Sekac) brings in his package.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's losely called a first liner around here, but has nowhere near the minutes of a 1st line center. 61 Centers in the NHL last year had more icetime than DD. Hardly a first liner.

That's because players that play on the PK get more icetime. A player like Couturier played more minutes but likely got less than half as many offensive minutes/starts as DD.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Still, looking at the big picture, having a RW lineup of Parenteau, Gallagher and Thomas should NOT be an option that even gets 2 seconds of consideration. Especially knowing what the other contestant (Sekac) brings in his package.

I don't think Thomas is in any "danger" of making this team, and I have nothing against giving him an extended look in the pre-season.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
i dont think Thomas really has a place in Montreal to small and is not talented enough to play top six. I do think he will have an nhl career somewhere else

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
That's because players that play on the PK get more icetime. A player like Couturier played more minutes but likely got less than half as many offensive minutes/starts as DD.

This is true, but Desharnais was 49th in even strength TOI per game among all centers. That's still not anywhere really close to first line minutes. And if you're curious Couturier and DD had the exact same amount of ES icetime per game. DD outproduced him by 12 points and played less games as well. Not too shabby for a useless midget.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
He's losely called a first liner around here, but has nowhere near the minutes of a 1st line center. 61 Centers in the NHL last year had more icetime than DD. But I understand that it fits the argument to get rid of him better if you call him a first liner.

There is no loosely here, DD -is- used as a 1st liner by the Montreal Canadien, that's not even remotely debatable.

His average ice time per game is lower than many other center around the league because we barely use him for the d-zone start and he doesn't play on the PK.

Btw, Scott Gomez managed to do 14 points in 19 games during the 2010 playoffs, Scott ****ing Gomez, let that sink in for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad