Copenhagen
twitter.com
This could be fun:

Laughton -- Giroux -- Schenn
Read -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Gagner -- Cousins -- Voracek
Raffl -- Bellemare -- Umberger
White

Just let the '3rd' line get nice starts and matchups... Giroux will draw the same attention as always anyway and 2nd will be relied on vs opponents best as always, and 4th will get most Dzone starts, and all 3 are good defensive players.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Laughton - g - Jake
Gagner - coots - schenn
Read - Cousins - Simmonds
Leier - PEB - raffl

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laughton-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-BSchenn
Raffl-Cousins-Simmonds
VdV-Bellemare-McDonald

Replace McDonald with White and VdV with Umberger when they are healthy.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Laughton -- Giroux -- Schenn
Read -- Couturier -- Voracek
Umberger -- Cousins -- Simmonds
Raffl -- Bellemare -- White
Gagner
That's exactly what I had in mind. Although I had Laughton and Umberger switched to balance it out, but thinking about it I like your version better.

We'll have to see if the Couturier line can repeat their good performance from the NY game. If so I'd leave that line and put Voracek on the 3rd line.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any combination that Voracek, Schenn and Simmonds on the RW and Giroux, Coots, Laughton/Cousins (with the other shifting to LW), Bellemare as our Centers is fine with me

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
It would help so much if Schenn could be a consistent LW for either Giroux or Couts. Then Voracek and Simmonds as our top 2 RW. Then create two solid checking lines.

Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds/Voracek
Umberger-Couturier-Simmonds/Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Read
PEB-Cousins-VV/White

Letting Read switch back to RW and having him and Raffl in a more defensive role could help them simplify their games instead of being asked to do too much offensively. That third line could be a hard line to play against if the wingers get out of their slumps

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015
I wouldn't split up the Couts line right now, they have been too good lately. If they hit another slump I would like to change it up though.

I don't like how Hakstol has the other lines made up. I like the idea of trying Laughton on the wing; see if it works for him. He has great speed and a great shot so it could work out. Maybe putting him on the top line with G might also wake him up, although he hasn't really earned it. This is what I would try:

Laughton-Giroux-Schenn
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Cousins-Voracek
Umberger-PEB-White

But yes, I think ideally I would like to eventually move Read off of Couts line though; especially if he doesn't pick it up.

Laughton-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Cousins-Read
Umberger-PEB-White

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I like that last set of lines you posted there Original. Especially since Vdv isn't doing dick this season.

I agree with you on this. Also sets up our top 2 lines for next year and we can move guys like read and fill in the bottom 6 with youth. Kone and leier would look nice on cousins wings for a 3rd line

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I agree with you on this. Also sets up our top 2 lines for next year and we can move guys like read and fill in the bottom 6 with youth. Kone and leier would look nice on cousins wings for a 3rd line

That potential line would be awesome. Cousins and Konency had great chemistry in little time together. Leier hasn't impressed me yet but he appears to be a speedy response winger which would be a nice complimentary piece.

I am also not sold on Laughton as a top line winger. Game still appears to be a little quick for him. Then again maybe having more talented linemates will help him find his confidence.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When Streit is healthy, waive Manning and Umberger or Gagner, and call up Colin McDonald.

BSchenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Gagner/Umberger
VdV-Bellemare-White
McDonald
Vinny

MDZ-Gudas
Medvedev-Streit
Schultz-Ghost or Ghost-LSchenn

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
When Streit is healthy, waive Manning and Umberger or Gagner, and call up Colin McDonald.

BSchenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Gagner
VdV-Bellemare-White
McDonald
Vinny

MDZ-Gudas
Medvedev-Streit
Schultz-Ghost or Ghost-LSchenn

I would keep Meddy with Ghost and Schultz with Streit

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Those are good pairings, but I think they will need to keep playing LSchenn regularly.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I wonder how much of a boost a healthy Streit can provide for the defense and the team as a whole?

I love what Ghost has been doing offensively so far and Medvedev is slowly coming along now but DelZotto is doing a lot of heavy lifting on his own right now and at some point will probably run out of gas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad