Line Combos: Lines post-deadline

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Congrats... Seems like you guys had a hell of a deadline.

Take a stab at your lines?
Our lines are very fluid and mutable, but here's a shot:

Umberger-Johansen-Gaborik
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Prospal-Letestu-Foligno
Gillies-McKenzie-Collins
Boll, Comeau

JMFJ-Prout
Tyutin-Erixon
Nikitin-Wisniewski
Savard?

Bobrovsky
Leighton (G-d forbid) or maybe McElhinney

IR: Dubinsky
...and Drazenovic goes back to Springfield where he has been kicking ass.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Our lines are very fluid and mutable, but here's a shot:

Umberger-Johansen-Gaborik
Prospal-Letestu-Foligno
Gillies-McKenzie-Collins
Boll, Comeau

Tomorrow I'd try:

Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Umberger-Johansen-Foligno
Comeau-Letestu-Mackenzie
Boll, Gillies

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Tomorrow I'd try:

Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik
Comeau-Letestu-Mackenzie
Boll, Gillies

This line up is looking good. This team is starting to look formidable, well respectable.:naughty:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd go with:

Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies

Comeau not here yet. You don't break up with CAA line. Hate having Letestu that low in the lineup.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Guess it comes down to a couple things:

Do you want to leave AA with Cam and Calvert (that line was better with him than the couple games with Dubi), or reunite Nicky with RJ an RJ? And do you want Gaborik to skate with Johansen or Anisimov? Those to me are the big questions.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I'd go with:

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Umberger-Dubinsky-Foligno
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies

Agree that you don't break up with CAA line. But I've been waiting all year to see what Johan can do with a finisher, Gaborik has speed and vision on another level from anyone else on this team and the two of them could be a legit scoring threat.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd go with:

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies

Agree that you don't break up with CAA line. But I've been waiting all year to see what Johan can do with a finisher, Gaborik has speed and vision on another level from anyone else on this team and the two of them could be a legit scoring threat.

I could go for that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tomorrow I'd try:

Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik
Boll-Letestu-Mackenzie
Gillies

My thinking is that Johansen isn't quite ready to play first-line setup man. I think he looks best playing a cycle game with Foligno and Umberger. Prospal-Anisimov-Gaborik have played well together before, and those two might be the best way to welcome Gaborik to the lineup. I want to give Dubinsky another shot with Atkinson and Calvert. He wasn't healthy last time, and even if he can't do it now I'd still try Letestu there before moving Anisimov back. The way I saw them in recent games, Calvert and Atkinson were feeding off each other more than they were with Anisimov. If that line regresses, though, then yes you keep Arty with them, and give Duby, Letestu, or Johansen a shot with Gaborik.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'd go with:

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies

Agree that you don't break up with CAA line. But I've been waiting all year to see what Johan can do with a finisher, Gaborik has peed and vision on another level from anyone else on this team and the two of them could be a legit scoring threat.

Looks good to me... All of those top six have the ability to score goals or score assists... Letestu should move to the third line with Dubinsky and Folingo though.... put Umberger on the fourth line.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Thinking...

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik (still can't believe I'm typing that name)
Calvert-AA-Atkinson
Umberger-Dubi-Foligno
Comeau-Mac-Letestu

ex. Boll, Gillies

PP 1

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Letestu-Wiz

Not gonna do defensive pairings because not much changes. I could be way off base with what I have, but this is personally what I'd like to see.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies
Very nice! That second line has got some firepower.

If Umberger is trying that 3rd line has super compete.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Looks good to me... All of those top six have the ability to score goals or score assists... Letestu should move to the third line with Dubinsky and Folingo though.... put Umberger on the fourth line.

I was toying with that idea but I was afraid of Viqsi setting me on fire. :sarcasm::laugh:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
All I can really say is I want to see Joey play next to Gaborik. I'm eager to see if Johansen is the player that I think he is. I've been saying he just needs that pure scorer to really shine.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'd go with:

Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Boll-Mackenzie-Letestu
Gillies

This lineup looks good. Agree that it's a shame Letestu is delegated to the 4th line, but he's gonna be the guy who can effectively fill in on any lines that he's needed depending on whoever is injured.

The problem with lines is the expected TOI for designated lines... how can our second leading scorer be limited to 7 or 8 minutes a night.... I know what rolling four lines is all about but Letestu has earned more than 4th line duty.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
All I can really say is I want to see Joey play next to Gaborik. I'm eager to see if Johansen is the player that I think he is. I've been saying he just needs that pure scorer to really shine.

Then let me throw one more idea out there.

Dubinsky - Johansen - Gaborik
Calvert - Anisimov - Atkinson
Prospal - Letestu - Foligno
Umberger - MacKenzie - Boll

(putting on flame Pejorative Slurant suit)

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Prospal-Johanson-Gaborik
Atkinson-Anisimov-Calvert
Umberger-Dubinsky-Foligno (now that's what I call checking!)
Comeau-MacKenzie-Letestu
Gilles Boller

Actually I see Umberger and Test Tube moving around between those lines depending on the situation and who's hot.

JMFJ-Erixon-
Tyutin-Nikitin
Prout-Wiz
Aucoin to give everyone rest.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Prospal-Johanson-Gaborik
Letestu-Dubinsky-Foligno (now that's what I call checking!)
Umberger-MacKenzie-Boll/Gillies

Actually I see Umberger and Test Tube moving around between those lines depending on the situation and who's hot.

JMFJ-Erixon-
Tyutin-Wiz
Aucoin-Prout-Nikitin in rotation

I can live with that....

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For all the money.

Calvert-Anisimov-Gaborik
Foligno-Johansen-Atkinson
Umberger-Dubi-Prospal
Boll-Testube-MacK

Anisimov has had some success with Gaborik in NYR so slot them together with someone like Calvert and I see a lot of scoring chances created. Bump Atkinson down a line to throw a little more speed to Foligno and Johansen who both seem to be able to create a lot of plays just cant finish, well Cam can. Umby and Dubi both have the potential to put up points, and both have a physical side. While Prospal has the vet presence and has playmaking, scoring and physical touch. While Boll and Mack provide more of a physical game both can put up points, while we all know what Testube is capable of doing. But really I dont think we see more of "set" lines until next year when there is a little more depth in the offense in both the AHL and NHL.

If Atkinson and Calvert can solidify themselves as real #1 or #2 line wingers in the next year or two it will do leaps and bounds for this franchise. Especially if Johansen can prove he is a real #1 center, which I dont doubt at all. Game in and game out Richards is matching him up with all the top players in the western conference(Datsyuk, Sedins, Toews just to name a few) and he has played outstanding, even though it may not be showing up in the stat sheets.

Now if Murray really is the player everyone thinks hes going to be (I'm one of them, though its still hard to imagine we passed up Galchenyuk) and if Erixon and Prout continue to play the way they do and can stay healthy there is no reason this team shouldnt be right in the center of the playoff hunt next season. Even moving to the east and playing in the same division as crosby/malkin/fleury, nash/richards/lundquist, Ovie/Backstrom/Kuztnetzov(eventually?), Staal/Staal/Semin. I think our D can stand up to it, but we really need one of these young kids to really establish themselves as a quality NHL player. And thats not even counting Jenner or any of the picks this offseason where who knows what they could be coming. This team might have one of the brightest potentials in the nhl right now. Its just up to JD and JK to live up to them.

hip check

Go North.
Jan 21, 2010
Prospal-Johansen-Gaborik
Foligno-Dubinsky-MacKenzie
Umberger-Letestu-Boll
Roll 4 lines all night

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Prospal-Johanson-Gaborik
Umberger-Dubinsky-Foligno (now that's what I call checking!)
Comeau-MacKenzie-Letestu
Gilles Boller

JMFJ-Erixon-
Tyutin-Nikitin
Prout-Wiz
Aucoin to give everyone rest.

I like 1 and 2- Johanson on the big line with Gaborik, keeping the AAC line together. But I switch Dubinsky and Letestu

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
The problem with lines is the expected TOI for designated lines... how can our second leading scorer be limited to 7 or 8 minutes a night.... I know what rolling four lines is all about but Letestu has earned more than 4th line duty.

These aren't the days of Shelley on the 4th line, we play our 4th line guys more than 7 minutes now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad