Line Combos: Lines idea

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nothing will "jump start " Toews except Toews himself. ..when he doesn't want to exert much you get the 1 shot version of last light or the has not gotten a goal except the 1 en goal in 11 consecutive games ...

As for Saad ...he finally got a goal after not scoring one in 10 straight games...

Point is ...total of $16.5 million and this is the goal return of 2 of our "1st liners"? UNACCEPTABLE.

And please do not tell me Toews is "elite" anymore ..has not been for several years..You could say this is a bonce-back year for him in goals pace
But unless he picks up the pace again in the remaining games he could slow back below a 30-32 "normal Toews"result again in goals.

Considering the league scoring of goals is up 10% this season so far this means Toews getting g back to his heyday goals scoring in the 28-32 range would actually be below "normal"...if normal range was 28-32 goals in the Cup years then he should be actually in a 31-35 range ...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Nothing will "jump start " Toews except Toews himself. ..when he doesn't want to exert much you get the 1 shot version of last light or the has not gotten a goal except the 1 en goal in 11 consecutive games ...

As for Saad ...he finally got a goal after not scoring one in 10 straight games...

Point is ...total of $16.5 million and this is the goal return of 2 of our "1st liners"? UNACCEPTABLE.

And please do not tell me Toews is "elite" anymore ..has not been for several years..You could say this is a bonce-back year for him in goals pace
But unless he picks up the pace again in the remaining games he could slow back below a 30-32 "normal Toews"result again in goals.

Considering the league scoring of goals is up 10% this season so far this means Toews getting g back to his heyday goals scoring in the 28-32 range would actually be below "normal"...if normal range was 28-32 goals in the Cup years then he should be actually in a 31-35 range ...

Nobody used the term “jumpstart” Toews. It’s common sense he needs better linemates than Kane because his role is significantly harder.

I didn’t even read the rest of your post because you’re obsessed with one thing.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Nobody used the term “jumpstart” Toews. It’s common sense he needs better linemates than Kane because his role is significantly harder.

I didn’t even read the rest of your post because you’re obsessed with one thing.
Maybe I did, but Toews has been his normal self offensively, and he could be even better if he had a guy who could shoot the damn puck on his line. He's going to taper off a bit with "Stone Hands" Saad and "No Shot" Kahun

There were 3 ideas behind why I created this thread:
1. Give Toews better linemates
2. Get DeBrincat top 6 icetime
3. Evaluate Perlini as best as possible before the TDL. See if he has more to offer or whether he should be jettisoned for another struggling former 1st rounder or a 2nd/2 3rds.
Also, I'd give Seabrook an extended rest in order to evaluate Forsling.
Perlini+Forsling could be a valuable package at the TDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
TDL deals:
Trade Keith to Toronto for Kapanen (details TBD).
Trade Anisimov to NY Islanders for 3rd round pick (details TBD).
Select the best center available in the draft (Hughes/Dach/Cozens/Krebs/Turcotte)

Saad-Toews-Kapanen
DCat-Strome-Kane
Kahun-DraftedCenter-Sikura
Perlini-Kampf-Cagguila
Hayden

Dahlstrom-Murphy
Beaudin-Jokiharju
Gustafsson-Boqvist
Seabrook

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
TDL deals:
Trade Keith to Toronto for Kapanen (details TBD).
Trade Anisimov to NY Islanders for 3rd round pick (details TBD).
Select the best center available in the draft (Hughes/Dach/Cozens/Krebs/Turcotte)

Saad-Toews-Kapanen
DCat-Strome-Kane
Kahun-DraftedCenter-Sikura
Perlini-Kampf-Cagguila
Hayden

Dahlstrom-Murphy
Beaudin-Jokiharju
Gustafsson-Boqvist
Seabrook
As much as I think a deal around Keith and Kapanen makes sense, it might not to the TML because he would be auto protected during the Expansion Draft.
I think Anisimov gets a 2nd at worst. Centers that are defensively responsible and have a bit of offensive ability are highly valuable at the TDL. Anisimov has proven he's a middle 6 tweener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad