Line Combos: Lines idea

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think that the lines need a shake up. Below is how I'd line up the team on Wednesday vs. the Hicks with Sticks.
Perlini-Toews-DeBrincat
Give Toews a couple players who are fast and have a damn shot. Maybe this will jumpstart Toews and Perlini. DeBrincat needs more icetime.
Saad-Strome-Kane
Kane and Strome are magical together, don't mess with agood thing and try to get Saad going.
Caggiula-Anisimov-Kahun
This is actually a good 3rd line.
Kunitz-Kampf-Hayden.
It is sad, but Kunitz is more useful than Kruger.

Keith-Jokiharju or Keith-Gustafsson
Murphy-Dahlstrom
Gustafsson-Seabrook or Forsling-Jokiharju
Depending on who gets the night off between Seabrook and Forsling.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Perlini is garbage and doesn't deserve a top 6 role

Cat-Captain-Caggiula
AA-Stromer-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kahun
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Perlini is garbage and doesn't deserve a top 6 role

Cat-Captain-Caggiula
AA-Stromer-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kahun
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden
I don't disagree that Perlini hasn't necessarily earned anything, but he's the only other player that fits the bill of having a damn shot besides DBC. Perlini has been better lately.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't disagree that Perlini hasn't necessarily anything, but he's the only other player that fits the bill of having a damn shot besides DBC. Perlini has been better lately.
Has he even shot the puck on net? I'm sure he has, but there haven't been many nights where his shot was on display, because he can't get into a position to score.
Every time the puck gets on his stick, the play dies, it seems. Not a guy you want in your top 9, IMO.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Has he even shot the puck on net? I'm sure he has, but there haven't been many nights where his shot was on display, because he can't get into a position to score.
Every time the puck gets on his stick, the play dies, it seems. Not a guy you want in your top 9, IMO.
You just described Saad's last 10 games. Right now the Hawks only have 4 top 6 F and the other two you just have to go with talent.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I think he needs a stint in Rockford to recalibrate his brain. He has speed, size, and supposedly a shot but seems like a lost puppy.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd do this. Caggiula already seems more promising than Perlini. I won't be surprised if Perlini ends up in Rockford very soon, only Kunitz had fewer minutes last night.
You guys are giving up on Perlini too early. He's a former 1st rounder who was semi productive last year on a different team. In a lost season, I absolutely despise not giving young players like him every opportunity to succeed, especially when they are a RFA at the end of the season.
If Stan and Colliton are convinced he doesn't fit, then they should move him for Burakovsky, Puljujarvi or someone like them.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You just described Saad's last 10 games. Right now the Hawks only have 4 top 6 F and the other two you just have to go with talent.
Sure, except Saad has what, double the goals and assists Perlini has? And it's not because he gets to play with better talent, it's because he is a better talent.

Perlini is one of the last players I would put with Toews.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Sure, except Saad has what, double the goals and assists Perlini has? And it's not because he gets to play with better talent, it's because he is a better talent.

Perlini is one of the last players I would put with Toews.
Alternative idea:
DBC-Toews-Saad
AA-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Caggiula-Kahun
insert 4th line winger-Kampf-insert 4th line winger
Same D pairings

Reactions: Hawkaholic

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't disagree that Perlini hasn't necessarily earned anything, but he's the only other player that fits the bill of having a damn shot besides DBC.

Then why put two players who like to shoot on the same line? Toews is great but he's not exactly a playmaking center. Cat is an underrated passer, but I don't want him deferring to freaking Perlini of all people.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Then why put two players who like to shoot on the same line? Toews is great but he's not exactly a playmaking center. Cat is an underrated passer, but I don't want him deferring to freaking Perlini of all people.

Second only to Kane in assists though. It's not like he's a bad playmaker, just not a Kane level one.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Second only to Kane in assists though. It's not like he's a bad playmaker, just not a Kane level one.

Yup which was my point. If this was Getzlaf or Joe Thornton we were talking about, then sure by all means have two shooters who like to put the puck on net on his line.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I don't care what they do anymore, I just want a top 3 pick.

I'm only interested in next year with hopefully Panarin + top 3 F prospect

Cat-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-AA-Kakko
Saad-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Kampf-Cags
Hayden
Fortin

Keith-Jokiharju
Gustafsson-Murphy
Dahlstrom-Mitchell/Forsling
Seabrook

Crawford
Delia

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't care what they do anymore, I just want a top 3 pick.

I'm only interested in next year with hopefully Panarin + top 3 F prospect

Cat-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-AA-Kakko
Saad-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Kampf-Cags
Hayden
Fortin

Keith-Jokiharju
Gustafsson-Murphy
Dahlstrom-Mitchell/Forsling
Seabrook

Crawford
Delia

I predict you’re going to be really disappointed.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Perlini is a disappointment and nothing more. Can shoot, cant put himself in a position to shoot because he has no brain, unless a teammate makes a good play and puts it on a platter for him, (like Kampf did in the WC). Still deserves a shot to play but the last thing he deserves is a top 6 role.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Perlini is a disappointment and nothing more. Can shoot, cant put himself in a position to shoot because he has no brain, unless a teammate makes a good play and puts it on a platter for him, (like Kampf did in the WC). Still deserves a shot to play but the last thing he deserves is a top 6 role.

Caggiula has already shown more

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
ya caggiula has shown more than perlini but it doesn't matter yet cause its too early to give up on Perlini. Try this

Cat-Toews-Caggiula
AA-Strome-Kane (if AA is on this team it has to be on Kane's line; why? cause they work together)
Saad-Kahun-Perlini
Hayden-Kampf-Martinsen

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Cat-Toews-Caggulia
AA-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kahun
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden

I like the top 9, fourth line likely gets shelled

I think that 3rd line could be a very solid matchup line who chips in offense

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Personally, I leave Kahun with Toews. He is doing his job out there. Saad is the issue, as he absolutely cannot finish. Kahun and Toews are generating PLENTY of chances, he's just not burying them. Kahun is a good possession player, and has good vision/passing. That line needs a FINISHER. It is clear as day.

DeBrincat/Toews/Kahun
Anisimov/Strome/Kane
Saad/Kampf/Caggulia
Perlini/Kruger/Hayden

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Personally, I leave Kahun with Toews. He is doing his job out there. Saad is the issue, as he absolutely cannot finish. Kahun and Toews are generating PLENTY of chances, he's just not burying them. Kahun is a good possession player, and has good vision/passing. That line needs a FINISHER. It is clear as day.

DeBrincat/Toews/Kahun
Anisimov/Strome/Kane
Saad/Kampf/Caggulia
Perlini/Kruger/Hayden

I do like @Hawkaholic’s idea

DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun
Saad-Strome-Kane
Caggiula-Anisimov-Perlini
Hayden-Kampf-??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad