Line Combos: Lines for 2015-16

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The biggest name I see going is either Eriksson or Seidenberg. I'd more Smith before the two, but I don't see that happening.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
After last year elimination against habs, i have read exactly the sames posts, need a new winger, need a top four def, bla bla bla, all summer time and nothing happened at all except trade of johnny ))))
Chia and clode will change absolutly nothing at all
Good news we will have a top ten pick in 2016

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
After last year elimination against habs, i have read exactly the sames posts, need a new winger, need a top four def, bla bla bla, all summer time and nothing happened at all except trade of johnny ))))
Chia and clode will change absolutly nothing at all
Good news we will have a top ten pick in 2016

Hey at least we are not like some teams that get rid of their top 10 picks after a couple of years.

Oh wait..

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
An overhaul is just not needed. Plain and simple. I do however think PC needs to go. His track record with long term contracts, NTC and bad trades have cost this team from potentially being a dynasty.

1. Paille, Campbell, Bartowski are all gone and they better not offer them anything. Paille, perhaps if he signed for a million to be 4th line LW but i'd rather give one of the kids a shot.

2. Chris Kelly needs to be traded. 3 million is too much for what he brings to the table. Whether it be a multiplayer deal or trading him to a team that needs to reach the ceiling, I dont care just get rid of him.

3. Sign/trade for a capable back up. Sveddy is not an NHL goalie. Rask cannot play 60+ games. He doesnt have the frame for it. Plus he needs a goalie to push him and Sveddy can't do that.

4. Re-sign Quaider......he's the perfect fit for the 5th-6th defenceman, he needs to be told that's where he fits in and that's how he'll be paid. If he says no, let him go.

5. Riley Smith.......he needs to be packaged with a prospect like Koko or Subban for either a top line RW or top 3 d-man. He's soft, inconsistent and doesnt play Bruins hockey.

6. Sign/bring up someone in the organization to play 4th line who can fight, hit, intimidate, and play. Sugar Shawn but 10 years younger.

7. Trade David Krejci, as soon as possible. Lucic showed he can play with Spooner or Bergeron. Krejci will get us a top 3 dman or a 1st line winger.

8. Once that trade is done, sign Sodaberg to a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract. More than fair.

9. Trade one of Chara or Seids. I love both these guys, but we cant have both of them on this team next season. I'm fine with one or the other.

Marchand-Bergeron-Trade
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
Eriksson-Sodaberg-Connolly
Trade/call up-Talbot-trade/call up

Hamilton-Trade/UFA
Chara/Seids-Morrow
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Trade/UFA

Guys I'd like to see us take a run at:
1.Patrick Sharp
2. Joe Pavaleski
3. Taylor Hall
4. Seth Jones
5. Dion Phaneuf
6. Wayne Simmonds
7. Adam Larsson
8. M-E Vlasic
9. Brandon Gormley
10. Tom Wilson

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot - #4C - #4RW
X: Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg - #3D
Krug-Miller
X: Trotman

Rask - #2G

They can do a lot to change their makeup just by swapping out those four players, and only one of them is a high-cost acquisition.

Options (I like) to fill those holes...

#3D: Christian Ehrhoff, Paul Martin, Jeff Petry, Mike Green, Johnny Oduya, Eric Brewer

#4C: Jay Beagle, Sobotka, Malhotra

#4RW: Downie, Condra, Carcillo, White

#2G: Lindback, Greiss, Svedberg

A second pair of Ehrhoff-Seidenberg could be very strong, and Ehrhoff's speed could make up for some of what Seidenberg has lost.

A fourth line of Talbot-Beagle-Downie would be very difficult to play against, they can win faceoffs, hit, fight and kill penalties.

The backup goalie options don't look much better than Svedberg, but I just didn't have a lot of confidence in him this year and I think a massive goalie like Lindback would fit well.

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
Guys I'd like to see us take a run at:
1.Patrick Sharp
2. Joe Pavaleski
3. Taylor Hall
4. Seth Jones
5. Dion Phaneuf
6. Wayne Simmonds
7. Adam Larsson
8. M-E Vlasic
9. Brandon Gormley
10. Tom Wilson

You say PC needs to go but your #1 trade target is a 33 year old winger with a 5.9M cap hit who scored 8 even strength goals this year whilst at times being dropped down to the fourth line due to bad play. Oh, and there have been rumors regarding locker room problems between him and teammates just in case the on-ice problems weren't big enough of a red flag.

Oh the irony.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Phaneuf or Vlasic would be legit #3 options. Dion isn't a #1, but he's without question a prominent #3 whether some of you like it or not. With just that addition, we'd immediately have one of the strongest D cores in the league.

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Phaneuf
Morrow-McQuaid
Miller

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot-New4C-New4RW
X: Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-New#3D
Krug-Miller
X: Trotman

Rask-NewBackup

They can do a lot to change their makeup just by swapping out those four players, and only one of them is a high-cost acquisition.

I don't know Bill, that line up is too similar to this year. I don't want to see this team 'blown up' but they cannot go in with the same roster essentially. If Lucic is your third line guy, then he has to be moved.

Everyone complained about Kelly making 3m on the third line, we cannot have a third liner making 6m. I'd look to trade Eriksson or Lucic for some help on the back end, I am leaning towards Lucic being traded. Power forwards decline faster due to their style, I would trade Lucic to make a statement and it's also the final year the Bruins can get something decent for him.

Phaneuf or Vlasic would be legit #3 options. Dion isn't a #1, but he's without question a prominent #3 whether some of you like it or not. With just that addition, we'd immediately have one of the strongest D cores in the league.

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Phaneuf
Morrow-McQuaid
Miller

I don't disagree with your assessment of Phaneuf, but at 7 million I pass.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I don't disagree with your assessment of Phaneuf, but at 7 million I pass.

Only way I'd take him is if the Leafs ate 2 million off of that contract. 5 million for Phaneuf is good. He's a major upgrade over Seidenberg, and only for an extra million.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Phaneuf
Morrow-McQuaid
Miller

Not sure why anyone would want to bring Phaneuf and his 7m deal through 2020-21 if on top of that they're claiming he isn't a #1? He's pretty much untradable with that albatross of a deal. If you hated Loui at 4m before, trust me you'll really hate Phaneuf at 7m for infinity years. His advanced stats are putrid, he's bad in his own end, and offensively he's already on the downside of his career.

easy easy pass. That's like asking for Semin. And since the Leafs aren't keeping 2m for that many years, don't worry about it. Not happening.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Do not re-sign Campbell or Bartkowski.

Only re-sign Paille if it is for league minimum or replace him with a Matt Martin type player.

Probably can't afford to sign Soderberg. Wish we could have gotten something in return for him.

Trade Kelly for anything. Even if it's like a 2020 7th round pick.

I wouldn't get rid of Claude or Chia. Whoever replaces them is not going to do better.

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/Smith
Eriksson/Smith-Spooner-Connolly
Paille?-Talbot-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Not sure if this is cap compliant. I miss capgeek.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I don't know Bill, that line up is too similar to this year. I don't want to see this team 'blown up' but they cannot go in with the same roster essentially. If Lucic is your third line guy, then he has to be moved.

I don't subscribe to the idea that they can't be similar to this year Finch. They put up 96 points while rotating through a cast of rookies and dealing with unprecedented injury issues to vitally important players.

I also think a few tweaks can make a big difference. Replace Bartkowski with a legit top4 defenseman like Ehrhoff and how many points does that get you? 10?

There's suddenly a lot of youth on this team which I like; Hamilton, Krug, Connolly, Spooner, Pastrnak, Trotman... Add in some health, get Tuukka a capable backup and change the mix on the 4th line to get this team's identity back and I think they're right back in the mix for top of the conference.

Everyone complained about Kelly making 3m on the third line, we cannot have a third liner making 6m. I'd look to trade Eriksson or Lucic for some help on the back end, I am leaning towards Lucic being traded. Power forwards decline faster due to their style, I would trade Lucic to make a statement and it's also the final year the Bruins can get something decent for him.

I don't think the complaint about Kelly was that they didn't want to spend $3m on the third line. The complaint was that Kelly was a 4th line talent making 3rd line money.

IMO, you've got two models to choose from, top heavy star driven team or depth driven team? The Bruins have CHOSEN to be a depth driven team and as such they're going to have to pay $$ to put 2nd line talent on the 3rd line. I don't have a problem with it, and honestly, unless they win the lottery they don't have a choice.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

#3D: Christian Ehrhoff, Paul Martin, Jeff Petry, Mike Green, Johnny Oduya, Eric Brewer

A second pair of Ehrhoff-Seidenberg could be very strong, and Ehrhoff's speed could make up for some of what Seidenberg has lost.

A fourth line of Talbot-Beagle-Downie would be very difficult to play against, they can win faceoffs, hit, fight and kill penalties.

The backup goalie options don't look much better than Svedberg, but I just didn't have a lot of confidence in him this year and I think a massive goalie like Lindback would fit well.

These are the guys I would target.

Beagle is a terrific face-off man who has good size and a gritty game.

I'd prefer they target a RD than a LD. I want a new RD to play with Chara, never liked the 33-27 pairing.

White has evolved his game, toned down his bad penalties, and had a good year in Philly.

Lindback was actually pretty decent in Buffalo after two bad stops in Dallas and Tampa. Like you said I'd like to see a big goalie.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
t

Why is Connolly even close to line #1.

139 games, 18 goals 16 assists for 34 points.

Why does he deserve this, might as well kept Caron.

Team needs skill not a project.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

I like your suggestion, Bill. My lines:

XXXXX - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
Talbot - Beagle - Downie
Ferlin

Chara - Hamilton
Sekera - Seidenberg
Krug - Miller
Trotman/Morrow

Rask
XXXXXX

Smith ++ for a lw/rw scoring winger.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Keep Eriksson and Lucic both guys in contract season who will have big years

If Hamilton takes another leap next year and Krug gets even better our D will be in good shape Sieds will hopefully be back to form

A healthy Krejci

if spooner and pastrnak tskes the next leap in there development and smith who bounces back after his sophmore slump year which happens to several players in thr nhl

plus our core will have an extra month or 2 more of rest than usual this offseason

this team could be very very good next year with 1 or 2 additions and playing pissed off hockey after this stinker of a year

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Too many lineups with the same slow team, inept defence and zero offensively dangerous forwards. We need a goal scorer and we need a solid dman as well as a competent backup. We need to shed salary on the 3rd and 4th lines and move seidenberg for anything. Third line should be comprised of spooner and pastrnak along with Smith since he is untradable. Heavy contracts on the top two lines but get some actual ****in talent there. Lucic is not a first line nor is he a second line talent. Trade his arse.

XXxX Krejci XXxX
Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Smith Spooner Pastrnak
Talbot Khokhlachev Ferlin

XXxX Hamilton
Chara Morrow
Krug Mcquaid

Even then, that lineup looks horrible. Soft, no game breaking talent, weak top 4 defence. I think this is going to be a long few years. I hope I'm wrong. I predicted a bad year and unfortunately was right. Lucic is going to get worse and worse. If he is signed by Boston, it's going to be a contract killer.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Not sure why anyone would want to bring Phaneuf and his 7m deal through 2020-21 if on top of that they're claiming he isn't a #1? He's pretty much untradable with that albatross of a deal. If you hated Loui at 4m before, trust me you'll really hate Phaneuf at 7m for infinity years. His advanced stats are putrid, he's bad in his own end, and offensively he's already on the downside of his career.

easy easy pass. That's like asking for Semin. And since the Leafs aren't keeping 2m for that many years, don't worry about it. Not happening.

Uh yes actually they have said they would eat salary on the contract. And I would take Phaneuf at 5 every day of the week.

Ironclad Lions

Fear The Stache!
Jul 14, 2010
Dartmouth, MA
Depends on the coach/GM are but I'd do the following:

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Xxx-Spooner-xxx
Ferlin-Khoklachev-Griffith

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-xxx
Miller-xxx

Rask
Xxx

I would cut Kelly, Paille, Campbell loose. Soderberg is more than likely gone as well. Personally, I haven't been impressed with Brett Connolly but I could him being a 3rd line option or tradeable. Reilly Smith would be traded for something (possibly D man). Seidenberg would be traded for something and bartkowski and mcquaid leave as free agents.

Without cap geek, it makes it hard but with a young fast fourth line and without filling in the xxx vacancies, the Bruins would be at about 53 mil in cap assuming Hamilton signs for 5 mil per. Pending on who comes back via trades or free agents and a rising cap, the team should be in good position (again, assuming all dead weight is dumped)

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I don't subscribe to the idea that they can't be similar to this year Finch. They put up 96 points while rotating through a cast of rookies and dealing with unprecedented injury issues to vitally important players.

I also think a few tweaks can make a big difference. Replace Bartkowski with a legit top4 defenseman like Ehrhoff and how many points does that get you? 10?

There's suddenly a lot of youth on this team which I like; Hamilton, Krug, Connolly, Spooner, Pastrnak, Trotman... Add in some health, get Tuukka a capable backup and change the mix on the 4th line to get this team's identity back and I think they're right back in the mix for top of the conference.

I don't disagree they can't be similar, but that's almost the same team with the role players gone. Management sets the tone for the whole team, in 2011-12 the Bruins got worse and the team struggled out of the gate and had a first round lost. Management was complacent and so were the players, some couldn't 'get up' for the games. This year the Bruins trade Boychuk and it ruined the team, management acted like a team on a downward trajectory and the players played like that.

I understand it is deeper than that Bill, but I think the Bruins need to make a big tweak to say last year was not acceptable. Rolling with the same core of guys and shuffling the role players I don't think is enough. Fluto is floating that management is thinking of trading Lucic, if Fluto is putting that out there my guess is the decision is made already.

premierplayer

Aug 2, 2010
Talbot won't be here. I don't have an issue with Sveddy being backup again. Gotta give the kid a chance.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Here is what I would assume next year's lines are (if we don't trade anyone)...

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Eriksson - Spooner - Smith
X - Kelly - Talbot
Ferlin

Hamilton - X
Seidenberg - Chara
Krug - Miller
Trotman

Rask
Svedberg

Personally, I think it is time to get a VETERAN to back up Tuukka. He can't play 60+ games again next season....can not.

Do I like this lineup? I think it is ok... Depends who is the X beside Hamilton....I think that is the key to our season.

I think Smith, Connolly and Pastrnak can be interchangeable all year for chemistry.

We should probably move Kelly and get a cheaper 4th line center.

Would like to resign McQuaid and give Trotman 1 more year in Providence.
You don't even know what they plan to do with some players. This at best a shot in the dark like us getting the 1 st pick in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad