Line Combos: Lines for 2015-16

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Chia have done nothing since a.most 2 years and this summer he will get a good winger and a good def ? Really ?
Be ready for 16-18 minutes of talbot next year with our wonderful coach

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Haven't really posted in a while, but I've been thinking about this topic since the Tampa game the other night. I think it would be in the best interest of all parties involved to keep the Lucic-Spooner-Pastranak line together. That would be an awesome third line to roll with into the season. I would also explore trading some picks, prospects, and one of Marchand or Ericsson for an upgrade at LW to play with Krejci. Like it or not, I think Smith is staying after signing his extension. Then Defense should be be addressed in free agency. Maybe a guy like Beauchemin or Oduya will be available. Then sign some grit for the 4th line.

Marchand/Ericsson-Bergeron-Smith
trade-Krejci-Connolly
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
FA-Talbot-FA
FA

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Oduya
Krug-Miller
McQuaid

Should they try to trade for a D-man I think Smith's brother in Detroit would be an interesting target, then maybe go after a guy like Erat to play on Krejci's wing.

edit: not sure how accurate the free agent list I was/am looking at is, as it still has Jagr listed.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Would you trade Milan lucic for Bo Horvat. Jim Benning knows him well. Lucic back to home town. Bo Horvat is up and coming star on entry level contract

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Krug should get a shot in the top 4 next season. It's what he wants, so let him prove it. 47 seems to have that succeed at all costs attitude, I can see him being a fixture here in Boston if he works on his defensive positioning and strength against bigger opponents.

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-
Morrow-McQuaid
Miller

Trade Seidenberg.

Not sure which Krug you were watching, but from my view I saw a defensive liability in the backend who routinely lost board battles, races to the puck off the draw, and got stripped off the pucks (routinely) purely because of his limited size. Teams targeted Krug this year and it worked. Krug is a really nice piece on the powerplay and in the offensive zone, but he is nowhere close to what a top 4 defenseman in Clode's system calls for. He usually makes the right decision, but his size holds him back from the execution piece.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I'd keep Lucic with the kids next year. He played too well with them and over a full year they can only get better.

I would look into trying to acquire Patrick Marleau from the Sharks. We'd be great trading partners with them and if he would be willing to waive, he could have a nice bounce back year. Peter C was interested in him last offseason. Seidenberg + Smith. Younger forward for them, salaries close to equal.

I'd also look into trying to scoop Jeff Petry from the canadiens. Great skater and puck mover on the right side.

Marchand Bergeron Eriksson
Marleau Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Talbot Khoko Ferlin

Chara Hamilton
Morrow Petry
Krug Mcquaid

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Didn't read the other guesses. Here's mine based on who we have now.

Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly/Eriksson
Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
Smith - Soderberg/Khokhlachev - Eriksson/Connolly
Kelly/Hargrove/Florik - Talbot/Kelly - Ferlin/Talbot

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It to early to be making lines without knowing who stays, who goes and who is traded. But I see a few posters proposing the same thing we went with last year without Paille and Campbell. We are going to have to do a little more than just slotting in some guys from Providence on the 4th line if we expect a better result than last year.

We have a **** load of highly paid, underperforming core players, if we are unable to dump at least one or two of them, we are going to be in trouble. We won't be able to significantly better our team with so little cap space without moving one or two of these guys.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
It to early to be making lines without knowing who stays, who goes and who is traded. But I see a few posters proposing the same thing we went with last year without Paille and Campbell. We are going to have to do a little more than just slotting in some guys from Providence on the 4th line if we expect a better result than last year.

We have a **** load of highly paid, underperforming core players, if we are unable to dump at least one or two of them, we are going to be in trouble. We won't be able to significantly better our team with so little cap space without moving one or two of these guys.

I have to agree Joker 192 and they really have to fix the back end for certain with better D men that carry a better transitional game and D men that can actually hit the net and score time to time other than Hamilton and Krug.
Up front, we certainly need better speed and hopefully the players we hope to acquire can also play a heavy and gritty play to go along with it.
We need a true first line not one that is tested and changed with almost every game going by without any success for 82 games.

Anyhow, it is way to early now to know what the actual lines will be but one thing for sure they cannot be the same lines we witnessed this year under this coaching system.
Something has to change and something will have to give in order to see any positive progress next season.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I would trade lucic and krejci, I love them both but I think Krejci lost his spot to spooner and Lucic is overpaid and can net a great return. Kelly needs to go.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connely
Erickson-Spooner-Pasternak
????-Soda-Smith
????-Talbot-Ferlin

I would get rid of seidenberg and bring back mcquaid and upgrade with the Lucic and Krejci trades.

Hamilton-?????
?????-Chara
Krug-Mcquaid
morrow-trotman

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I never said a 'legit' #1 defencemen, I meant a guy who is more like a 1B. Someone who is a 2/3 defencemen and can take the pressure off Chara, Seidenberg and Hamilton.

If we were able to trade for and re-sign Seidenberg back in 2010, why couldn't the Bruins do the same thing now? Maybe you have to give up Lucic or Eriksson to do it this time, but the Bruins need a guy like that.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about a guy like Seidenberg. I thought you were talking about a guy like Suter.

We were able to get Seidenberg in 2010 because it was the trade deadline and he was on an expiring contract. Guys like that are a lot harder to get during the off-season but it's certainly not impossible. (Like trying to trade for a Suter.)

That said, I still maintain that they need more of a puckmover than Seidenberg is/was. When Chara was at the top of his game you could pair him with another defensive Dman and they managed but Z's best skating and puck moving days are behind him. I think both he and Seid's need guys who can skate and transition the puck out of our end. (Like Babcock did for Lidstrom near the end.)

The good news is that there are guys like that in free agency. Why give up an Eriksson for another Seidenberg-type when you could have both Eriksson and Ehrhoff? (Granted, the UFA's may not want to sign here or may want too much money but that's where I'd start.)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Marchand-Bergeron-Stewart
Hall-Spooner-Pasta
Eriksson-Draisailt-Connolly
Talbot-Kelly/soda-Ferlin

Chara-Jones
Krug- Seids/Petry/Franson
Hanifin-McQ
Rask

1 re-tool year and after that we are going strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad