Lines / combos thread

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Give Kotkaniemi a touch of what it's like to play in the NHL with 1 or 2 games along those two. Obviously Lehkonen and him have that finnish connection, plus Lehkonen and Byron are pretty good in their own zone and can help Kotkaniemi concentrate on his game.

Pacioretty - Danault - Scherbak
Pacioretty and Danault have a proven chemistry, I think Scherbak is perfect fit to play with them. He is not the best defensively, so Pacioretty and Danault make up for his flaws. Scherbak is also a great passer, and Pacioretty need a winger playmaker more than a great centre in order to be successful (see : Cole, Radulov...)

Deslauriers - McCarron - Shaw
Unlikely we see this, because McCarron might not even make it past the camp, and Shaw is still injured, but I'd like to see what a true energy line could do for us. It's not a very speedy line, but it could be a troublemaker line... for the best or the worst

Drouin - Hudon - Gallagher
Just to see how Hudon can do at centre for a game or two... Drouin worked well with hardworking forechecker, which are exactly what Hudon and Gallagher are. Both can start and finnish play for Drouin.

Després-Petry
If Després do well at camp, I'd give him a few games with Petry and see if he can hold his own playing 20 min a game until Weber is back. I honestly dont think he can do worse than what Alzner did on that position.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pacioretty is still on the team so I will make two lineups with him and without him:

With Pacioretty:

Byron/Lehkonen-Drouin-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Scherbak
Domi-Peca-Shaw
Byron/Lehkonen-Plek-Armia

Hudon, DLR and Deslauriers as extras

Without Max:

Byron/Lehkonen-Drouin-Gallagher
Domi-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Peca-Scherbak
Byron/Lehkonen-Plek-Armia

DLR and DLO extras...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Wouldn't mind seeing Domi - Drouin - Gally, hopefully it'd lead to Domi/Drouin both shooting more.

Also would try Scherbak with Patch/Danault, and then give Peca a chance with guys like Hudon/Lehk/Armia.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Give Kotkaniemi a touch of what it's like to play in the NHL with 1 or 2 games along those two. Obviously Lehkonen and him have that finnish connection, plus Lehkonen and Byron are pretty good in their own zone and can help Kotkaniemi concentrate on his game.

He'll get a taste in the preseason. No need for the 1 or 2 games.
Also, if they're looking for a Finnish connection in the preseason, i think Armia would be a better fit on the right wing - his natuaral position and he's Finnish.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Patches Kotkaniemi Gally
Domi Drouin Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Scherbak
Byron Peca Armia
DLR Plex Shaw

Then when/if Kotkaniemi goes back

Patches Danault Gally
Domi Drouin Lehkonen
Hudon Peca Scherbak
Byron DLR/Plex Armia Shaw

We have too many forwards and need to trade 1 or 2 of them. My choices would be Byron and Patches.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon

Domi - Drouin - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Scherbak

De La Rose - Plekanec - Byron

Mete - Petry

Alzner - Juulsen

Ouellet - Rielly

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher

Assuming Max starts the season with Montreal, give him some familarity so he can hit the ground running and hit a streak to help his value.

Domi-Drouin-Armia

Really want to see this line. I think Domi will complement Drouin well and Armia will surprise us and be an effective top 6 winger who forechecks relentlessly and opens up space for the other two to make plays happen.

Lehkonen-Peca-Byron

Speed and skill line.

DLR-Plekanec-Scherbak

The leftovers, Scherbak could easily play in our top 9, but I’d like to give Byron more icetime to help his value at TDL

Reactions: Vygor

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Assuming Pacioretty is traded for futures:

Jonathan Drouin - Charles Hudon - Brendan Gallagher
Max Domi - Phillip Danault - Nikita Scherbak
Arturri Lekhonen - Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Peca) - Joel Armia
Jacob De La Rose - Tomas Plekanec - Paul Byron

Peca taking Kotkaniemi's spot once he returns to Europe. Deslauriers can fill in the 4th line with injuries and Byron moves up.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Any threads about line up predictions makes me want to puke.

What a depressing roster.

Any line combinaison looks bad.

At least last year we had the possibility of making a first line of

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Drouin or
Pacioretty-Drouin-Galchenyuk

This year there's no combinaison for the first line that gets me excited to see.

Starting the season with Drouin and Danault as top centers is laughable. So is the the defense. Hopefully Mete and Juulsen step up big time.

I can't wait for the season to start because I love hockey but man it's gonna be a long season for us.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Pacioretty - Danault - Scherbak

Domi - Drouin - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi / Peca - Armia

De La Rose / Hudon - Plekanec - Byron

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Damn we have so many players, many of them who'll need to play unnatural positions... :help:

What I'd wish for, given that I think we'll be a bottom feeder again...

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Hudon - Armia
Byron (when he comes back, Peca or DLR in-between)- Peca/DLR - Lehkonen
Rychel/Deslauriers - Plekanec - McCarron/DLR

Reilly - Weber (when he comes back)
Alzner - Petry
Ouellet/Benn/Schlemko - Lernout/Despres

Price
Niemi/Lindgren

Pacioretty traded for futures, Gallagher named new C. Shaw traded for whatever, useless player for us, may be useful for a contender. Drouin back on the wing, where he's supposed to be, Hudon at C cause why not, better suited than Drouin, harder worker. DLR had a nice end of season with more responsibilities, can't see him sit, neither Peca, may be tiny, but he has skills and is -very- fast. Last line is where everything got mixed, cause we have so many players, and I want some of them to compete for their contracts, like Rychel and McCarron (on the wing this time, k tnx bye).

Mete and Juulsen back in the A to learn from Bouchard, they have to work on their offense, I don't want 15-20pts D out of them, got higher hopes than that. Reilly has more to prove I think, may be risky defensively but I don't care, I want offense from the back-end. Alzner back with Petry, yet again, who knows, maybe he'll figure how to lose with class this time around... Despres is conditional on him getting a contract, Lernout to me has to be in the NHL, I don't see more than a #6-7 anyway, but could be a good one, and Ouellet, who knows, he's working on his skating right now, which is what he should have done for the last few years, but maybe he finally understood it may be his last chance at an NHL career.

Trade the excess for whatever we can get... and hope the younger ones learn something amidst this mess (I have hopes for Ducharme in this), wish for a top 5 pick again, and wait til our kids develop, with a teacher this time (Bouchard)

What I expect ?

Pacioretty - Drouin - Lehkonen
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Deslauriers - DLR - Froese
Peca/McCarron/Rychel

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Reilly - Benn
Ouellet/Despres

Price
Niemi

Our lineup is sad... :thumbd:

Edit: And I just woke up and realized this was for lines I'd like to see during pre-season... sorry for the big reply for no reason.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I'd love to see a Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia line, but I don't think they'll try Drouin on the wing because people will get crazy about the center/winger debate lol. Plus they probably want Kotka back in Finland for another year so they won't hype him that much. But that would be hell of a line.

I'd be curious to see Domi - Drouin - Armia too. I think Armia can develop into a 20-25 for 45 pts a season plus playing some PK time.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Després-Petry
If Després do well at camp, I'd give him a few games with Petry and see if he can hold his own playing 20 min a game until Weber is back. I honestly dont think he can do worse than what Alzner did on that position.
i'm sure fatty can do it. (if he has recovered) haven't heard much about his head though.

Vygor

Sep 2, 2007
Max Pacioretty - Max Domi - Brendan Gallagher

Best goalscorers on the team with a player with high passing talent and oodles of skating speed which would be Domi plus two wingers who can take faceoffs if need be.

Artturi Lehkonen - Nikita Scherbak - Jonathan Drouin

Scherbak can play center and Drouin is a much better winger. Lehkonen can play both ways for the line and mainly just start the line in the offensive end of the ice. Drouin can take faceoffs if Sherbak is struggling at them.

Charles Hudon - Phillip Danault - Joel Armia

Danault and Armia have size to check and Hudon can be the playmaker on the line.

Nicolas Deslauriers - Tomas Plekanec - Michael McCarron

Another capable faceoff guy and two bangers for your fourth line. When Pleky is tired sub in Peca who has oodles of speed.

De La Rose fails making the team as he is edged out by McCarron whose hunger and improved enough skating ability I hope!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad