Lines 92-93

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Download.. oops, buy NHL Hockey from 1993.

Edit. "Screen shots"

I believe NHL 93 was based off the 91-92 season, and NHL 94 was the one based off the 92-93 season, just as NHL 2011 came out last September based on last season. It's true though, the lineups at the time were decent ideas of how lineups shook down, though sometimes they were too far based on a players' "overall" rating, and there was only 3 regular lines to put players on.

Felix67

Mar 25, 2011
Yes but from my experience with EA NHL series their lines are far from real thing

Bupi

Jul 26, 2006
I believe NHL 93 was based off the 91-92 season, and NHL 94 was the one based off the 92-93 season, just as NHL 2011 came out last September based on last season. It's true though, the lineups at the time were decent ideas of how lineups shook down, though sometimes they were too far based on a players' "overall" rating, and there was only 3 regular lines to put players on.
There was no NHL '94 for PC - NHL Hockey for PC is what NHL '94 is for Sega. The game was released after 92-93 season - if u dont believe then check the stats or playoff tree in the game itself.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I worked at 2K Sports as the main roster guy for a few years and created all of the historic teams and did a lot of research to get the lines as accurate as possible for every team, including a number of clubs from the 92-93 season. I'll see if I still have the information handy and I'll gladly share it with you. Also, keep in mind that coaches constantly shifted their lineups, as Gretzky's wingers ranged from having Robitaille and Sandstrom to Kurri and Donnelly or Granato, and yes, even Warren Rychel. They also had Jari Kurri playing center when Barry Melrose decided to bench Jimmy Carson.

Being a Kings fan, I can provide their lineup without having to research it...

Robitaille-Gretzky-Kurri
Granato-Carson-Sandstrom
Donnelly-Millen-Shuchuk
Rychel-Conacher-Taylor

Zhitnik-Blake
Watters-McSorley
Huddy-Sydor

Hrudey-Stauber

Scratches: Hardy, Loach, Knickle, Potvin

As for special teams, on the PP the Kings would go with 4 forwards and 1D for most of the PP.

Robitaille-Gretzky-Sandstrom-Blake-Kurri
Donnelly-Millen-Granato-Zhitnik-McSorley

PK:
Gretzky-Kurri-Huddy-McSorley
Conacher-Taylor-Watters-Blake

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Toronto Maple Leafs

Pat Burns mixed up the lines quite a bit down the stretch, double shifting Gilmour and Clark quite a bit and using them both throughout the lineup, but I'll go with what to the best of my knowledge the lines were for most of the regular season.

Andreychuk-Gilmour-Borschevsky
Clark-Cullen-Anderson
Osborne-Krushelnyski-Foligno
Berg-Zezel-Pearson

Ellett-Gill
Macoun-Rouse
Lefebrve-Mironov

Potvin-Puppa

Scratches: McLlwain, Manderville, Eastwood, Baumgartner, Berehowsky

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Detroit Red Wings

Ysebaert-Yzerman-Ciccarelli
Kozlov-Fedorov-Sheppard
Gallant-Primeau-Drake
Burr-Kennedy-Probert

Coffey-Lidstrom
Chiasson-Konstantinov
Racine-Howe

Cheveldae-Riendeau

Scratches: Sillinger, McCrimmon, Ogrodnick, Konroyd, Hiller

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Pittsburgh Penguins

Stevens-Lemieux-Tocchet
McEachern-Francis-Jagr
Loney-Straka-Mullen
Daniels-Tippett-Needham

U.Samuelsson-Murphy
Tagliannetti-K.Samuelsson
Ramsey-Jennings

Barrasso-Wregget

Scratches: Paek, Stapleton, Stanton

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Vancouver Canucks

Adams-Craven-Bure
Courtnall-Ronning-Linden
Momesso-Nedved-Ward
Odjick-Semenov-Hunter

Murzyn-Lumme
Babych-Diduck
Dirk-Lidster

McLean-Whitmore

Scratches: Slegr, Valk, Sandlak, Plavsic

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Calgary Flames

Roberts-Reichel-Fleury
Ranheim-Nieuwendyk-Makarov
Ashton-Otto-Stern
Berube-Skrudland-Paslawski

Suter-MacInnis
Musil-Dahl
Yawney-Dalhquist

Vernon-Reese

Scratches: Johansson, Lindberg, Godynyuk

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Quebec Nordiques

Kamensky-Sakic-Nolan
Rucinsky-Sundin-Kovalenko
Hough-Ricci-Young
Simon-Lapointe-Cavallini

Leschyshyn-Duchesne
Gusarov-Foote
Finn-Wolanin

Hextall-Fiset

Scratches: Twist, Pearson, Huffman, Karpa, Lindsay

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
The Bruins, off the top of my head:

Juneau-Oates-Kvartalnov (the Bonanza line)
Donato-Ruzicka-Leach
Reid-Poulin-Heinze
Hughes-(various)-Kimble

Sweeney-Bourque
Wesley-Murphy
Roberts-Shaw

Moog
Blue

They had so many injuries that season that the lines were always in flux anyway.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Montreal Canadiens

Damphousse-Muller-Bellows
LeClair-LeBeau-Keane
Dionne-Carbonneau-Ronan
Brunet-DiPietro-Leeman

Schneider-Desjardins
Daigneault-Odelein
Haller-Brisebois

Roy-Racicot

Scratches: Savard (inj.), Ewen, Roberge, Ramage, Hill

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Chicago Blackhawks

Goulet-Roenick-Larmer
Matteau-Sutter-Murphy
Graham-Ruutu-Noonan
Gilbert-Murray-Lemieux

Smith-Chelios
Marchment-Brown
Russell-Muni

Belfour-Waite

Scratches: Grimson, Kucera, Christian

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Winnipeg Jets

Shannon-Zhamnov-Selanne
Tkachuk-Steen-Davydov
Domi-Barnes-Borsato
King-Eagles-Druce

Housley-Olausson
Bautin-Numminen
Ulanov-Kennedy

Essensa-Hrivnak

Scratches: Lalor, Erickson, Romaniuk, Brickley

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Bruins, off the top of my head:

Juneau-Oates-Kvartalnov (the Bonanza line)
Donato-Ruzicka-Leach
Reid-Poulin-Heinze
Hughes-(various)-Kimble

Sweeney-Bourque
Wesley-Murphy
Roberts-Shaw

Moog
Blue

They had so many injuries that season that the lines were always in flux anyway.

I believe Cam Neely reclaimed his spot on the top RW spot when he returned to the Bruins during the playoffs, bumping Kvartalnov off the first line. Smolinski also became a regular in the lineup and Ruzicka sat out and did not play a single post season game as Sutter benched him. The following season, Smolinski established himself as the #2 C for the Bruins. Dave Reid was also out during the playoffs with a knee injury.

Kvartalnov also completely disappeared in the series vs. Buffalo, going pointless in the four game sweep. Neely, who missed most of the season, comes back and scores 4 goals and 5 points in 4 games. Goes to show you how dominant of a player Neely truly was.

Based on the post season, I think the forward lines were:

Juneau-Oates-Neely
Donato-Poulin-Leach
Kvartalnov-Smolinski-Heinze
Hughes-Douris-Kimble

Scratches: Ruzicka, Reid (inj.), T. Sweeney

Had Reid not been injured, I imagine he'd be playing with Poulin and Leach with Donato being dumped to LW or C.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I believe Cam Neely reclaimed his spot on the top RW spot when he returned to the Bruins during the playoffs, bumping Kvartalnov off the first line. Smolinski also became a regular in the lineup and Ruzicka sat out and did not play a single post season game as Sutter benched him. The following season, Smolinski established himself as the #2 C for the Bruins. Dave Reid was also out during the playoffs with a knee injury.

Kvartalnov also completely disappeared in the series vs. Buffalo, going pointless in the four game sweep. Neely, who missed most of the season, comes back and scores 4 goals and 5 points in 4 games. Goes to show you how dominant of a player Neely truly was.

Based on the post season, I think the forward lines were:

Juneau-Oates-Neely
Donato-Poulin-Leach
Kvartalnov-Smolinski-Heinze
Hughes-Douris-Kimble

Scratches: Ruzicka, Reid (inj.), T. Sweeney

Had Reid not been injured, I imagine he'd be playing with Poulin and Leach with Donato being dumped to LW or C.
Juneau-Oates-Neely were together for games 1 and 2, but they put Steve Leach in Juneau's spot and had Juneau-Smolinski-Kvartalnov. I'm pretty sure they had Poulin centering Heinze and Douris. Tim Sweeney was in the lineup for all but game 3.

They were trying so many different combinations by then that there isn't really one lineup.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 Buffalo Sabres

Khmylev-LaFontaine-Mogilny
Wood-Hawerchuk-Audette
May-Sweeney-Presley
Errey-Hannan-Ray

Bodger-Smehlik
Ledyard-Sutton
Carney-Houlder

Fuhr-Hasek

Scratches: Svoboda (inj.), Donnelly, Corkum, Patterson, Moller

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Juneau-Oates-Neely were together for games 1 and 2, but they put Steve Leach in Juneau's spot and had Juneau-Smolinski-Kvartalnov. I'm pretty sure they had Poulin centering Heinze and Douris. Tim Sweeney was in the lineup for all but game 3.

They were trying so many different combinations by then that there isn't really one lineup.

That is very true. Saw the Leafs and Kings go through so many different lines during their series, it really is difficult to pin one down. I guess for the sake of putting lines together in a game though, the user is going to tend to lean towards putting the best lineup together.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1992-93 Vancouver Canucks

Adams-Craven-Bure
Courtnall-Ronning-Linden
Momesso-Nedved-Ward
Odjick-Semenov-Hunter

Murzyn-Lumme
Babych-Diduck
Dirk-Lidster

McLean-Whitmore

Scratches: Slegr, Valk, Sandlak, Plavsic

my memory tells me that semenov played a lot with adams and bure before the craven trade.

courtnall moved around the lineup, i think. sometimes he would play with nedved, sometimes he would play on the "life line" with ronning and linden. and i think he did some time on bure's line when adams was hurt.

i think dixon ward got significant time with ronning and linden.

sandlak saw a lot more of the season on the fourth line than hunter did, but hunter took his spot when we got him.

nedved may have played some wing too, with linden subbing in at center.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
my memory tells me that semenov played a lot with adams and bure before the craven trade.

courtnall moved around the lineup, i think. sometimes he would play with nedved, sometimes he would play on the "life line" with ronning and linden. and i think he did some time on bure's line when adams was hurt.

i think dixon ward got significant time with ronning and linden.

sandlak saw a lot more of the season on the fourth line than hunter did, but hunter took his spot when we got him.

nedved may have played some wing too, with linden subbing in at center.

You are correct as Semenov did spend some time playing with Bure. Vancouver also double shifted Bure quite a bit and would have Odjick on his LW at times as well. That's what makes setting up lines difficult at times as they not only change game to game but during the course of a game, coaches like to have different match ups or mix up lines depending on the situation.

But for a game of NHL hockey, I think these are about as close as you'll get to putting together the best lineups while maintaining accuracy for every squad. Least that is what I attempted to do with the rosters when I was setting them up. I leaned towards maintaining lineups that were regularly used, or at least tried to do that to the best of my abilities with whatever information and footage was available.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
1992-93 New York Islanders

Hogue-Turgeon-Thomas
King-Ferraro-Flatley
McInnis-Mullen-Dalgarno
Volek-Green-Fitzgerald

Malakhov-Kurvers
Vaske-Krupp
Kasparaitis-Pilon