Pre-Game Talk: Line 'em up, Preds next

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Looking like 93 points clinches the playoffs in the West. According to this, if we get 93 points were in in over 97% of scenarios. 94 points creeps us into over 99% territory.

So I guess is a race for 17 points over the next 17 games. Given that we have 76 points in 65 games, that pace puts us at 95 to 96 points to end the year, which more or less is a guarantee to make the dance, with like 50 scenarios in some 300 million being us in the playoffs.

We're in a pretty good spot.

Reactions: MessierII

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I would like to see them put Nuge back up with Connor at some point maybe once everyone is back...keep Drai & Yams together
Let's see what this looks like:

Nuge - McDavid - Kassian
AA - Draisaitl - Yamo
Ennis - Sheahan - Archibald
Khaira - Haas - Chiasson

or

Nuge - McDavid - Kassian
Ennis - Draisaitl - Yamo
AA - Sheahan - Archibald
Khaira - Haas - Chiasson

or

Nuge - McDavid - Ennis
AA - Draisaitl - Yamo
Kassian - Sheahan - Archibald
Khaira - Haas - Chiasson

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Win would be nice tonight but if the Oilers can get at least 3 points in the next 3 games, it should be good enough.

Nashville is a rough match up for the Oilers and while I give them the slight edge rationally this is still a game the Oilers need to find a way to win.

Nashville is not the dominant team they were previous years. They are not playing great visually as a team. They are barely finding ways to win while "struggling" relatively speaking. They have not hit their stride like Vegas seems to have. Not a powerhouse like Tampa. Their team has issues.

If the Oilers had a full healthy lineup I would give the Oilers the slight edge.

Good teams make their own luck and find ways to win like the Oilers did against Winnipeg. We need another win like that and we should be disappointed with anything less than 2 points.

As, hopefully, the Oilers get healthier and get more bodies into the lineup the mentality "should" be doing better than 500 hockey.

The race is too chaotic to say anything with certainty but the Oilers really do control their destiny as of right now and can beat almost any team on any given night. Oilers are only true "underdogs" for a few more games this year.

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Bet the under on this game.

Historically the Oilers have a hard time scoring against the Preds.

2.66 GF/G... only the Ducks and Wild have been harder for the Oilers to score against.

Nashville doesn't score a lot vs the Oilers either... 2.84 GA/G.. which is the 6th lowest of any Oilers opponent over their history.

So history suggests a close, low scoring game.
So 6-1 for somebody then? Lol.

You're right though itll most likely be 3-2 with an empty netter to make it 4-2. I have no idea who wins. My heart says the Oilers but past history says itll probably be the Preds.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I just feel that Ennis has more chemistry, at least to my eye, with McDavid, and I like what Kass brings to that line.

I actually think AA would look good with Sheehan and Archie.

I agree with this, and to add - AA and Sheahan spent years together in Detroit, so I'd imagine they have a good feel for each other already. Seems like an obvious move until AA proves he's worthy of a first line role.

Reactions: booyakasha

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
In Nashville for the game, first time ever. Hit the rooftop bar at Tootsies and had some pretty decent bbq ribs across the street at some honky tonk place. Fun place! Too bad the Oilers are going to lay waste to Nashville and leave it a smouldering ruin tomorrow night. Good thing I saw Broadway before the hockey Apocalypse happens to Nashville tomorrow night.

McDavid is going fully nuclear with a bushel of points. Smith with another stellar performance. Gonna be a good one! (And yes there is a lot of alcohol talking right now...)

All these words and not one mention of what shirt you're going to be wearing...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
All these words and not one mention of what shirt you're going to be wearing...

Damn your right. Tried too many Nashville craft beers. Of course the lucky Maiden T is going underneath and I’ve been having a lot of success in Rogers with my traffic cone home orange Bear jersey including the last game so we’re going with the lucky Bear tonight.

We go to the Chicago game and I have the Leon Draisatl All Star Jersey and that jersey is on FIRE! I figured for the 3rd game in 4 nights criss crossing the central US they might be a little extra mojo that game.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Lineup looks good
lines I'd like to see tomorrow :

Tyler Ennis- Connor McDavid - Zack Kassian
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Kailor Yamamoto
Andreas Athanasiou - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald
Jujhar Khaira - Gaetan Haas - Alex Chiasson

That looks as solid as it can get IMO
lines look solid!!!! Let’s go!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Got a really good feeling about this game somehow and figure the Oilers will explode. Preds are that type of team that we can dictate to when we are on. 5-2 Oilers.

Drai is so good he learns to play guitar in intermission and plays the Ryman Auditorium after the game to rave reviews..

During the game Preds fans just break out in spontaneous applause as Draisaitl shouts they f***ing rock, or country, or bluegrass, or whatever that is..;)

jk aside Drai is very quickly becoming that larger than life player that every team in the league covets. The Drai for MVP chants were awesome, as were Drais public address comments.

How y'all liking that 8yr contract now. Good times.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Damn your right. Tried too many Nashville craft beers. Of course the lucky Maiden T is going underneath and I’ve been having a lot of success in Rogers with my traffic cone home orange Bear jersey including the last game so we’re going with the lucky Bear tonight.

We go to the Chicago game and I have the Leon Draisatl All Star Jersey and that jersey is on FIRE! I figured for the 3rd game in 4 nights criss crossing the central US they might be a little extra mojo that game.

You can't say "of course" when you have a recent history of not being able to find it. :)

Seems like the Bear combo and Leon jersey are all good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad