Jul 25, 2006
giphy.gif

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Is Patrick Russell out yet? Let's hope. He's the Reider this year

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
the good thing is we have depth now, so tough decisions.

I just feel that Ennis has more chemistry, at least to my eye, with McDavid, and I like what Kass brings to that line.

I actually think AA would look good with Sheehan and Archie.

Ennis is a better player just from an eye test. Smarter. He seems quicker too ...Athanasiou hasnt shown much of that vaulted speed. He seems to be someone who needs space to skate fast. His stop go game is severely lacking. There is no way this guy is faster then McDavid. Maybe in a straight line ... but I havent seen any of it.

Reactions: ZenOil

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Ennis is a better player just from an eye test. Smarter. He seems quicker too ...Athanasiou hasnt shown much of that vaulted speed. He seems to be someone who needs space to skate fast. His stop go game is severely lacking. There is no way this guy is faster then McDavid. Maybe in a straight line ... but I havent seen any of it.

he hasn’t looked fast at all to me either, I wonder if he’s hurt a bit, I mean he did get bumped up couple games ago and was being assessed.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Preds are the team in that mishmash that scare me the most. A victory would go a loooooong way.

To be fair they’re already in a playoff spot so they technically can’t knock us out at this point.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Hopefully a fully healed Yamamoto draws in. Looking forward to that much improved top 9 all together if possible.

But a fully healthy Klefbom is really what the team desperately needs asap. Getting close to 3 weeks yet?

Another huge game. Every game so important. Nashville will be a tougher opponent than the Jets especially for the Oilers. The Jets forwards can be boxed out and blocked. The Preads still have the pinching defensemen sneak that the Oilers give more room because of their systems. Hard to defend.

Hope they stay settled and play a smart and hard game again.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Has AA been a LW his entire NHL career or did he do C for a bit in DET? Everywhere has him listed as a C in some fashion.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
lines I'd like to see tomorrow :

Tyler Ennis- Connor McDavid - Zack Kassian
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Kailor Yamamoto
Andreas Athanasiou - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald
Jujhar Khaira - Gaetan Haas - Alex Chiasson

That looks as solid as it can get IMO
I think when everyone comes back I'd try:

Tyler Ennis - Connor McDavid - Zack Kassian
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Kailer Yamamoto
Andreas Athanasiou - Gaetan Haas - James Neal
Joakim Nygård - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald

With Jujhar Khaira/Alex Chiasson rotating in.

Oscar Klefbom - Mike Green
Darnell Nurse - Ethan Bear
Caleb Jones - Adam Larsson

With Kris Russell/Matt Benning rotating in.

Mike Smith
Mikko Koskinen

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In Nashville for the game, first time ever. Hit the rooftop bar at Tootsies and had some pretty decent bbq ribs across the street at some honky tonk place. Fun place! Too bad the Oilers are going to lay waste to Nashville and leave it a smouldering ruin tomorrow night. Good thing I saw Broadway before the hockey Apocalypse happens to Nashville tomorrow night.

McDavid is going fully nuclear with a bushel of points. Smith with another stellar performance. Gonna be a good one! (And yes there is a lot of alcohol talking right now...)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think we can have both Green and Russell on the active roster at the same time until playoffs due to cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad