Line Combos: Line combos

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
If we keep the top two lines the same and have reinhart with Lundell, I actually wouldn’t mind keeping that lomberg-Acciari-marchment 4th together with Loustarinen and Thornton switching at center till Acciari comes back and have mamin as the other winger on lundell’s line. But we still have vatrano.

oh... mamin with lundell and reinhart. i'd really like to see that.

Trio123

Jul 26, 2021
If we keep the top two lines the same and have reinhart with Lundell, I actually wouldn’t mind keeping that lomberg-Acciari-marchment 4th together with Loustarinen and Thornton switching at center till Acciari comes back and have mamin as the other winger on lundell’s line. But we still have vatrano.
Luo >>> Jumbo

Jumbo is so slow and takes stupid penalties. Vatrano/Horny - Luo - Lomberg would be great 4th line.

What if tippett and duclair switch places?

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
very very unfortunate for y'all regarding coach q - that dude is the best when it comes to putting lines together. i made that realization when he took away huberdeau away from barkov and rolled out huberdeau-acciari-trochek.

now you have 3 lines that are absolute nightmares for other teams to defend.

i wouldn't want torts to take over - 2003-04 was a long, long time ago. out of the veteran coaches that are out there i would only consider julien.

a real outside the box pick that's been a head coach before that could be interesting: jack capuano

let one of the assistants run the show for the remainder of the year. maybe that guy could be the next great coach.

been a few coaches that have excelled when taking over the last several years that didn't have previous head coaching experience in the nhl level full time:

cooper
sullivan
brind'amour
bereube

maybe burnett's name will be added to the above list.

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
very very unfortunate for y'all regarding coach q - that dude is the best when it comes to putting lines together. i made that realization when he took away huberdeau away from barkov and rolled out huberdeau-acciari-trochek.

now you have 3 lines that are absolute nightmares for other teams to defend.

i wouldn't want torts to take over - 2003-04 was a long, long time ago. out of the veteran coaches that are out there i would only consider julien.

a real outside the box pick that's been a head coach before that could be interesting: jack capuano

let one of the assistants run the show for the remainder of the year. maybe that guy could be the next great coach.

been a few coaches that have excelled when taking over the last several years that didn't have previous head coaching experience in the nhl level full time:

cooper
sullivan
brind'amour
bereube

maybe burnett's name will be added to the above list.

Jack was already here as an assistant with Boughner, no thanks on that one.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Luo >>> Jumbo

Jumbo is so slow and takes stupid penalties. Vatrano/Horny - Luo - Lomberg would be great 4th line.

What if tippett and duclair switch places?
I see no reason to take Duclair off the top line with how he (and they) are playing. Also, I don't think Tippett's cold streak deserves jumbling around the top 6. He should just be demoted. I wouldn't mind bringing up Denisenko for a two or three game tryout on that 2RW spot. Tippett can play 4RW and give Hornqvist a few days off.
Man. When Lundell comes back he obviously takes 3rd line again.

But then we still have ACCIARI waiting to get a crack in the lineup!!
By the time Acciari gets back, I think Thornton will be pretty much written off as a regular, and Acciari will be fighting for time but just not able to crack the lineup. You see sometimes with super deep teams. A veteran grinder gets injured and then just can't get back into the lineup. Reminds me of when Pittsburgh signed Eric Fehr (after his career year in WSH) and basically ended his career by burying him behind surprise rookies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think Cookie will replace Vatrano when back. I hope we can get Vatrano a new home where he is in a scoring role before free agency

agree it is weird to say that Huby should be a PKer and Barkov shouldn’t but necessary for time management: can’t have Barkov being over 20 minutes a game if we expect to play >100 games this seasons.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I wouldn't mind bringing up Denisenko for a two or three game tryout on that 2RW spot.

I can't claim to be watching Checkers games but the only forwards that actually seem to be producing down there are Hutsko and Mamin. They might not have Denisenko's ceiling but at least they're putting points on the board. Denisenko's got to earn a callup. I'd like to see Hutsko get his first cup of coffee up here and see how he handles it.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Sabres fan in peace saying I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD BOB IS PLAYING TO HIS CONTRACT!! No I'm not trying to jinx you guys, I genuinely felt so bad for all the previous mismanagement, thinking this is a crippling contract. Bob's earning every penny.

Nothing worse than having 10 milish tied to a nobody player.

I felt for you guys so much when Bob was struggling.

Also, I'm a psychic, and the Florida Panthers logo flashed in my mind when I asked the world who'd win the cup this year. (half-joking) So good luck. Prove my premonition correct!!

You guys are stacked like no other team and Reinhart absolute stud.

-Genuine hockey fan rooting for Florida's success as a franchise and for the fans!!!!!!!!

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
When Lundell is back, should we take Barky off Pk to rest him and run Lundell-Luo and Huby-Bennett?

why should Barky be removed from the PК??/ best defensive forward! it's his game! he can play PК, he can play PP, he can play against the best opponent top lines ... he can play for 30min ... this is Barky, this is his game! let's remove it from everywhere ... it will just cease to be Barky‍♂️ ... f…g stupidity!

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Yes.
It feels weird to sit Barkov for Huberdeau/Bennett on the PK, but this is a good idea.
Yes.
It feels weird to sit Barkov for Huberdeau/Bennett on the PK, but this is a good idea.
I think Bennett will be removed from the РР... this is Reinhart's place ... Bennett has thrown one goal in 10 games ... but constantly makes stupid and easy mistakes, which prevents us from improving our РР

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
why should Barky be removed from the PК??/ best defensive forward! it's his game! he can play PК, he can play PP, he can play against the best opponent top lines ... he can play for 30min ... this is Barky, this is his game! let's remove it from everywhere ... it will just cease to be Barky‍♂️ ... f…g stupidity!
Best two-way center in the league can basically "choose" if he goes out there or if he needs a breather. I guess he has a lot of say in this and he should be smart enough to know when he needs a rest. I would be ok though if sometimes - e.g. in B2Bs or when the score is highly favorable for us in the last period - to reduce his icetime a bit. He cannot go 82 games plus POs full throttle. But he definitely should play PP and PK as well.

Last game though there was a moment in OT where I thought it was a bad call to send him and Huby out there. They were so gassed at the end of OT they had no strength anymore to create something. We got such good skaters and even though they are all not as skilled as Huby and Barky, they could have given us a better chance to end it within OT time.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Best two-way center in the league can basically "choose" if he goes out there or if he needs a breather. I guess he has a lot of say in this and he should be smart enough to know when he needs a rest. I would be ok though if sometimes - e.g. in B2Bs or when the score is highly favorable for us in the last period - to reduce his icetime a bit. He cannot go 82 games plus POs full throttle. But he definitely should play PP and PK as well.

Last game though there was a moment in OT where I thought it was a bad call to send him and Huby out there. They were so gassed at the end of OT they had no strength anymore to create something. We got such good skaters and even though they are all not as skilled as Huby and Barky, they could have given us a better chance to end it within OT time.
I totally agree !!! and in general, I think it's not that these guys play PP, PК, a lot of time on the ice , there was a very small break between the last shifts , they just didn't have time to catch their breath, to recover ... but in any case these guys didn't give the opponent a chance and we got the opportunity to fight in shootouts ...

Reactions: harv33173

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I totally agree !!! and in general, I think it's not that these guys play PP, PК, a lot of time on the ice , there was a very small break between the last shifts , they just didn't have time to catch their breath, to recover ... but in any case these guys didn't give the opponent a chance and we got the opportunity to fight in shootouts ...
That is a true skill. Even when gassed they are skilled enough to play keep away with the opposition.

I still don't like the decision. I once played in a small scale 4-on-4 soccer tournament, with 2 substitute players. We had one guy whose skill level was like 2 grades above ours. Therefore the other players agreed that he should play the whole game. I was furious about it because I was saying that on such a small terrain, you get zero rest because you are always in the play. Your best players need rest in such circumstances, and our guy was gassed so fast he was not able to perform even remotely close to his usual level.

The shootout always is a coin-toss whereas in OT a fast and skilled team as we are has the advantage to roll out dangerous line after dangerous line, especially with more room. I'd rather take a risk there than wait it out for a shootout where chances are 50-50 to win it.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
That is a true skill. Even when gassed they are skilled enough to play keep away with the opposition.

I still don't like the decision. I once played in a small scale 4-on-4 soccer tournament, with 2 substitute players. We had one guy whose skill level was like 2 grades above ours. Therefore the other players agreed that he should play the whole game. I was furious about it because I was saying that on such a small terrain, you get zero rest because you are always in the play. Your best players need rest in such circumstances, and our guy was gassed so fast he was not able to perform even remotely close to his usual level.

The shootout always is a coin-toss whereas in OT a fast and skilled team as we are has the advantage to roll out dangerous line after dangerous line, especially with more room. I'd rather take a risk there than wait it out for a shootout where chances are 50-50 to win it.

correct judgment ... just do not forget that the opponent on the ice also has experienced guys (we understand who we are talking about), they think the same way as we do ... they also want to solve the game in OT ... and they are probably also glad that they were able to keep Hubi and Barkу…

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
correct judgment ... just do not forget that the opponent on the ice also has experienced guys (we understand who we are talking about), they think the same way as we do ... they also want to solve the game in OT ... and they are probably also glad that they were able to keep Hubi and Barkу…
I'll always remember the scene from last year, when a fresh Duclair brushed off a visibly exhausted Dylan Larkin to set up Hepo for the GWG in OT against Detroit... I'd focus rather on our lineup and prefer rolling out fresh wave after fresh wave (the Verhaeges, Bennetts, Duclairs, Reinharts, Lundells, Vatranos, Luostarinens, Tippetts, Marchments on top of Barky and Huby), no matter who is on the opposite side.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
I'll always remember the scene from last year, when a fresh Duclair brushed off a visibly exhausted Dylan Larkin to set up Hepo for the GWG in OT against Detroit... I'd focus rather on our lineup and prefer rolling out fresh wave after fresh wave (the Verhaeges, Bennetts, Duclairs, Reinharts, Lundells, Vatranos, Luostarinens, Tippetts, Marchments on top of Barky and Huby), no matter who is on the opposite side.
Certainly! this is ideal ... but I also remember how last year we lost the match or allowed the opponent to compare the scores in the last shifts ... when the coach preferred a fresh wave from the third or fourth line ... it all works as long as it gives a result ... but so it always happens, the result will not be at the most important moment ...

as for Duclair, he is just twice as fast as Larkin ... and still, tired Larkin or tired Duclair, the latter will always come to the finish line first…‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad