Line Combos: Line combos for Tuesday - Khan

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Cleary/Samulesson

And before people freak out about Nyquist being 'demoted' - I love the move, Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist was awesome in GR and awesome last year with either Tatar or Brunner. I think it's a great idea until Z comes back.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I agree. I really think Tatar-Andy-Nyquist is going to do well. I also like that Cleary and Sammy are rotating in; I had this fear that Babcock would give Cleary back to Pavel for tomorrow's game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I agree. I really think Tatar-Andy-Nyquist is going to do well. I also like that Cleary and Sammy are rotating in; I had this fear that Babcock would give Cleary back to Pavel for tomorrow's game.

He seemed to waste no time putting him up a line or two after his goal last game. I was/am terrified.

And finally. We can show them other teams our TAN line! If those are our real lines, they are about as close to ideal as it's gonna get with our current personnel. THANKS BABS!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
TAN-line will be the real 2nd line though.

I hope Mule doesn't start floating again.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
First PP Line
Mule - Dats - Bert
Kronner - Alfie

Second PP Line
Tatar - Nyquist - Cleary
Weiss - Kindl

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

And before people freak out about Nyquist being 'demoted' - I love the move, Tatar - Andersson - Nyquist was awesome in GR and awesome last night with either Tatar or Brunner. I think it's a great idea until Z comes back.

Considering that Abdelkader and Tatar looked great earlier this year as the 3rd line, and Abdelkader brings nothing to the table when he plays in the top 6, I disagree with this. Nyquist and Abby should be swapped.

But it's not the end of the world by any means.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Considering that Abdelkader and Tatar looked great earlier this year as the 3rd line, and Abdelkader brings nothing to the table when he plays in the top 6, I disagree with this. Nyquist and Abby should be swapped.

But it's not the end of the world by any means.

While that does make sense that Abby doesn't bring much to the top 6, the TAN chemistry has been pretty good (from GR up to pro levels). I'd like to see Babs give them a chance together again to see if the spark is still there. Abby also brings some grit to the second line just as Bert will bring the grit to the first line.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Andersson should follow his line onto the PP.

Agreed. Or Gator. I just don't get it. Scoring that goal on Saturday was one of the worst possible things that could have happened for the team. I didn't watch the 2nd or 3rd periods. But didn't Clears end up with a ton of TOI?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
First PP Line
Mule - Dats - Bert
Kronner - Alfie

Second PP Line
Tatar - Nyquist - Cleary
Weiss - Kindl

Cleary on the PP is a joke. I mean really it's just inexcusable.

But at least Sammy's off the PP.

Babcock needs to give this man crush a rest. I bet if he was asked about why, he would cite Cleary scoring last game.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Cleary on the PP is a joke. I mean really it's just inexcusable.

But at least Sammy's off the PP.

Babcock needs to give this man crush a rest. I bet if he was asked about why, he would cite Cleary scoring last game.

Yeah in the post game media scrum Babs said that the team is based on earning ice time by performing (when asked about Cleary's goal). Does this count as earning ice time? Probably his rationale for putting Cleary on the PP :(

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm ok with Nyquist being "dropped" to the 3rd line, as long as when Z comes back, the Mule-Z-Nyquist line is reunited. That line has more chemistry than the "TAN" line ever has. Or any line in recent memory.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Cleary scores another lucky BS goal and gets put in the top 6 again I will lose my ****.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah in the post game media scrum Babs said that the team is based on earning ice time by performing (when asked about Cleary's goal). Does this count as earning ice time? Probably his rationale for putting Cleary on the PP :(

Miller has way more goals. Where's HIS icetime?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I like the lines

1st line is bit slow but Datsyuk makes up for it with his skills.

I like Andersson line (2nd line IMO). Kids have chemistry from AHL and he needs speedy players to help him out.

Weiss line, Alfe and Abs will work the boards (Alfe actually does the most of the board work for some reason) and Weiss will try to get open.

4th line is meh. I like Miller but he can't do much with Emmerton and a cap space.

Did Weiss play point in FLA?
I don't get Bab's obsession with having 4th forward on PP.
I would rather use Smith and Ericsson/Q.
Does Weiss take the face off for the 2nd line?

I would go

Mule - Dats - Bert
Kronner - Alfe

Tatar - Weiss - Nyquist
Smith- Kindl

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
I'm on with Nyquist being "dropped" to the 3rd line, as long as when Z comes back, the Mule-Z-Nyquist line is reunited. That line has more chemistry than the "TAN" line ever has. Or any line in recent memory.

Haha, if you're talking chemistry Datsyuk + Zetterberg will get it done. Remember in the first 20 or so games when they scored like 60% of our points (just made up that number). Too bad no other lines could product. But yes, Mule - Z - Nyquist was a great line as well. I also really like Tatar and Miller together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad