Haley-Mack-Sceviour

What I'd like to see
Hoffman-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Malgin
Vatrano-Borgstrom-Bjugstad
McGinn-McCann-Mamin

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Dadonov-Barkov-Vatrano (want to balance the lines, whoever plays with DB will put up points, like Vatrano's shot with these cats)
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Malgin (worked well when healthy last year
Hoffman-Borgstrom-Bjugstad
Mamin-McCann-Scevior (Mac and McGinn as options too)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Going by what Boughner had to say yesterday, his top six seems to be:

Dadonov - Barky - Bjugstad
Huby - Tro - Hoffman

He said he knows he taxed Barkov and Trocheck towards the end of the season, and thinks that with the better depth in the bottom six, he wont have to play them as much. He is expecting big years from them, along with Hoffman, Malgin, Vatrano, and he said he thinks that McCann has another level in him.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Huby - Tro - Hoffman

He said he knows he taxed Barkov and Trocheck towards the end of the season, and thinks that with the better depth in the bottom six, he wont have to play them as much. He is expecting big years from them, along with Hoffman, Malgin, Vatrano, and he said he thinks that McCann has another level in him.
Have a link by any chance?

Good to hear that he realizes he leaned on Barkov and Trocheck too much (though it was understandeable given our roster).

Reactions: I am not exposed

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
If Borgström pans out, the center depth is going to be insane. That'd (in my opinion) slot the team close to Pens and the Leafs in comparison. Perhaps even Edmonton if they keep RNH and Draisaitl plays center. Barkov and Trocheck are both already near PPG players and you couldn't ask for much more. Looking long term and adding in the value from the contracts some might even have an argument for having the best punch in the league, all things considered. Though I wonder if that could cause a logjam in the long run, cause you'd want to ensure your best guys get the minutes and still a pretty early phase project, Borgström develops through on ice experience. I still remember when Bjugstad was pinned down as the future 2nd line C and it wasn't even that long ago. Things can change pretty fast. Anyway I'll definitely be watching games next year and I got a feeling it's going to be a great year for the Panthers.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Huby - Tro - Hoffman

Makes sense. I know some people were penciling in Hoffman with Barkov, But Hoffman with Trocheck, and Barkov with Bjugstad makes more sense to me to begin the season. .

Reactions: Chaos2k7

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Hoffman-Barkov-Dadonov
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Vatrano
Bjugstad-McCann-Malgin
McGinn-MacKenzie-Sceviour
Haley

Borgstrom in the AHL unless someone gets moved. I'd have him here but i'm trying to think what management/coaching will actually do. Malgin and Vatrano are swapable.

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Petrovic
Pysyk-Weegar
Kiselevich

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
All y’all with McCann over Borg for 3C
tenor.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Hoffman addition in the top 6 was also a huge help for the 3rd line.

Vatrano, Borgstrom, McCann, Malgin, Sceviour are all solid players, and interchangable pieces.

Big weaknesses:

4th line- (not a huge deal as they don't play a lot, still sucks though)

#4 d spot-again, going to be hard to do worse than Pysyk but if Kiselevich is that bad you can just scratch him and plug Pysyk back and roll with 3rd pair Weegar-Petrovic

And the most obvious one- goaltending. Is Luongo going to be good at 39? All evidence suggests yes. However, is he going to give more than 30-35 starts? All evidence says no. So James Reimer has to be considerably more consistent, and Hutch has to play solid in his (minimum) 5-10 spot starts.

To even think about playoffs, Luongo needs to continue to play at a high level, and to even think about winning a round, he needs to be fresh and rested.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The Hoffman addition in the top 6 was also a huge help for the 3rd line.

Vatrano, Borgstrom, McCann, Malgin, Sceviour are all solid players, and interchangable pieces.

Big weaknesses:

4th line- (not a huge deal as they don't play a lot, still sucks though)

#4 d spot-again, going to be hard to do worse than Pysyk but if Kiselevich is that bad you can just scratch him and plug Pysyk back and roll with 3rd pair Weegar-Petrovic

And the most obvious one- goaltending. Is Luongo going to be good at 39? All evidence suggests yes. However, is he going to give more than 30-35 starts? All evidence says no. So James Reimer has to be considerably more consistent, and Hutch has to play solid in his (minimum) 5-10 spot starts.

To even think about playoffs, Luongo needs to continue to play at a high level, and to even think about winning a round, he needs to be fresh and rested.

You can always trade for goaltending at some point too. Worst case scenario injured Lou and inconsistent Reimer you can swing a trade with fire tire teams like Ottawa who would probably consider trading Anderson.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The easiest decision for the brass will be sending Borg to the AHL because they probably need to know if McCann is able to elevate his game to the next level and in general to figure out which players can keep up with the competition for jobs. Malgin or Vatrano will be traded within the next year or so.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You can always trade for goaltending at some point too. Worst case scenario injured Lou and inconsistent Reimer you can swing a trade with fire tire teams like Ottawa who would probably consider trading Anderson.
I mean best case scenario is Luongo continues to be awesome when healthy and Reimer can be a bit more consistent. There's no way lu plays over 40 games imo.

Worst case would be age catches up to Lu (I doubt it) and Reimer sucks (I also doubt it, he has a long history of being inconsistent [average])

It'd be nice if Andy finished here but I doubt it.

Ciccarelli22eh

Jan 30, 2015
Bjugs on the 3rd line would make even more sense.

Ya because Bjugs didn’t have a breakout year and played horrible with Barky. Ya split them up slot him in the 3rd line...Come on....
Between this and some not having Haley and or Mack in your lines is somthing else...Please let it stop.....

Consider this a blue print for the lines. (No Borg)

Dadonov Barky Bjugs
**** Tro ******
**** McCann *****
Haley Mack Scev

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Ya because Bjugs didn’t have a breakout year and played horrible with Barky. Ya split them up slot him in the 3rd line...Come on....
Between this and some not having Haley and or Mack in your lines is somthing else...Please let it stop.....

Consider this a blue print for the lines. (No Borg)

Dadonov Barky Bjugs
**** Tro ******
**** McCann *****
Haley Mack Scev
Basically! I'm putting Hoffmann and Huby at 2 with Vince to start off. No reason to do otherwise.

I'm still solid on my lifelong there is no first or last line stance. What line was HBK in PiT? IMO, Huby can be the best 3rd line LW in hockey if it fits...

Reactions: Ciccarelli22eh

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm still solid on my lifelong there is no first or last line stance. What line was HBK in PiT? IMO, Huby can be the best 3rd line LW in hockey if it fits...
If Mack and or Haley are on a line, that's the last line. They are not NHL caliber players anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad