Speculation: Line Combinations

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I think Paul White Dadonov has run its course.

Tkachuk - White -Dadonov
Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Brown
Dzingel- L. Brown - Watson to start

The 4th line is defensively porous, can't see DJ create that one but then again Anisimov plays there as the de facto C.

The first 3 lines are intriguing. I feel Tierney is best suited at line 4. He will be Zinger's defensive conscience, along with the hard working Watson, while Logan should be given the opportunity to show his strengths as a playmaking centre. Give him the opportunity to succeed. Mann says he is looking good, I hope he proves in the AHL so that he can get that call-up.

Reactions: coladin

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The 4th line is defensively porous, can't see DJ create that one but then again Anisimov plays there as the de facto C.

The first 3 lines are intriguing. I feel Tierney is best suited at line 4. He will be Zinger's defensive conscience, along with the hard working Watson, while Logan should be given the opportunity to show his strengths as a playmaking centre. Give him the opportunity to succeed. Mann says he is looking good, I hope he proves in the AHL so that he can get that call-up.

We just had a 4th line of Haley-Anisimov-Watson, i don't think having a defensively sound 4th line is a top priority... That line is nothing but the leftovers

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
We just had a 4th line of Haley-Anisimov-Watson, i don't think having a defensively sound 4th line is a top priority... That line is nothing but the leftovers

With Dzingel and (potentially at some point) Logan Brown in the mix:

Giving Logan Brown the chance to succeed and play his natural game as a playmaking centre with top-6/9 forwards should be a higher priority than having Tierney taking up that spot. I think balancing the lines, without disrupting what's working offensively, is also a higher priority than Tierney .

Not that I don't like Tierney, he is still solid defensively, in fact with Dzingel neither would be stuck with jabronies like Haley or Anisimov. Watson is enough.

Reactions: NB613 and Yak

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Giving Logan Brown the chance to succeed and play his natural game as a playmaking centre with top-6/9 forwards should be a higher priority than having Tierney taking up that spot. I think balancing the lines, without disrupting what's working offensively, is also a higher priority than Tierney .

"Waiting for Logan Brown" is my upcoming and highly anticipated existential play about two hobos futilely waiting for Logan Brown to be inserted into the line-up of the Ottawa Senators ice hockey club.

En_attendant_Godot%2C_Festival_d%27Avignon%2C_1978_f22.jpg

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I don't know where else for Logan to start, but I figured he works his way up, and he has a nifty player on his wing, and a neanderthal who can battle for pucks. If he plays reasonable well, it will only be a matter of time before he moves up to StuBath, and those guys have been secretly prepped to the speed of Anisimov so Brown fits right in !

Reactions: armani

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I'm over the Logan Brown "thing." I've reached a point of zen-like acceptance.

I know they have a message "we want him to succeed and want to challenge him to get better, we aren't giving free ice time, the NHL is not a development league, etc...", but from the outside it looks like it has gone beyond that.

Just trade him. Seriously, you're not going to play him, he's not going to "get it" after the fourth time you've tried this tactic. It isn't working. Get rid of him. Put him on waivers or get a mid-round pick for him if you can.

Whatever the Sens management is doing, it is not working to make him a better hockey player.

At this point, it is just a cat (coaches) playing with a mouse (Brown). There's no point to it. Just repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Next year line-up (ideally)

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Bath
Paul/FA-White-Dadonov
Formenton-L.Brown-C.Brown
Tierney/FA-Norris-Watson

Chabot-Hamilton (we need this guy)
Brannstrom-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Brown

One of Paul or Tierney will be claimed by Seattle.
Could bring in a guy like Foligno, Raffl, Caggiula, Ennis to round out the bottom-6

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why would Paul, the best player of the line, get demoted?
Paul-Tierney-Brown were a really effective matchup line to start the year, i thought it got pretty close to the best out of all three and opened up easier matchups for other lines.

I feel a bit bad for taking Paul out of an offensive role where he can score some points and earn himsef a bigger contract but i think that line together really works.

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Bath
Paul/FA-White-Dadonov
Tierney/FA-Norris-Watson

Brannstrom-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Brown

Could bring in a guy like Foligno, Raffl, Caggiula, Ennis to round out the bottom-6

I would rather have Nick Paul than Logan Brown at this point, especially as a 3C.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Bath
Paul/FA-White-Dadonov
Tierney/FA-Norris-Watson

Brannstrom-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Brown

Where is JBD?

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Where is JBD?

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Bath
Paul/FA-White-Dadonov
Tierney/FA-Norris-Watson

Brannstrom-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Brown

why would you want Norris on the 4th line, this guy is 1st in points amongst centres for our team.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Okay lets try this again. How does this look?

Tkachuk - Norris - Dzingel
Stutzle - Paul - Batherson (Yes, I said it! Try Paul at Center)
C. Brown - White - Dadonov (I could care less whichever of those 2 plays on their off wing) - I am so done with Dadonov

??? - Tierney - Watson

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How about ...

Stutzle - Paul - Batherson - if Paul doesn't work out switch with White
Dadonov - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson - maybe Pinto can replace Tierny soon

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
How about ...

Stutzle - Paul - Batherson - if Paul doesn't work out switch with White
Dadonov - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Tierny - Watson - maybe Pinto can replace Tierny soon

Perfect, except for I would switch Formenton and Dadonov without giving it a second thought and tell DJ to shut up and let me coach now!

Reactions: aragorn

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm over the Logan Brown "thing." I've reached a point of zen-like acceptance.

I know they have a message "we want him to succeed and want to challenge him to get better, we aren't giving free ice time, the NHL is not a development league, etc...", but from the outside it looks like it has gone beyond that.

Just trade him. Seriously, you're not going to play him, he's not going to "get it" after the fourth time you've tried this tactic. It isn't working. Get rid of him. Put him on waivers or get a mid-round pick for him if you can.

Whatever the Sens management is doing, it is not working to make him a better hockey player.

At this point, it is just a cat (coaches) playing with a mouse (Brown). There's no point to it. Just repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
You can't measure development of centres and defenders in months/few years ... you need to develop over 5-7 years ...especially a big guy like Paul it took 5-6 years of development ... but agree on wingers yes you know right away if they can score or not ... if they can't score then trade dump pretty quick

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think Paul White Dadonov has run its course.

Tkachuk - White -Dadonov
Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Brown
Dzingel- L. Brown - Watson to start
I like brown with Tkatchuk. They seem to weirdly speak the same language

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad