Stepan/Paquette

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
J.Brown

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I get that it's that age old defensive conscience line of thinking, but there's gotta be a better spot for him than with 2 sets of stone hands.
I don't think its that bad, they just need to get the puck to him and he'll create the magic on tjat line, but i woul prefer we flip Tierney and Stepan (or better yet, Stepan for L.Brown)

Galchenyuk and Brannstrom in is nice to see.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't think its that bad, they just need to get the puck to him and he'll create the magic on tjat line, but i woul prefer we flip Tierney and Stepan (or better yet, Stepan for L.Brown)

Galchenyuk and Brannstrom in is nice to see.
Its just the Hoffman treatment is all, and I get they're easing him in, but I would ultimately like to see him play with offensively oriented players.

I'm not a fan of Brown personally either and think he gets overused, particularly in offensive situations.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It's a crime to separate Batherson and Stutzle
yeah probably not a good idea. but not the end of the world. it's only to start.

Galchenyuk in against his old mtl buddies. he should be a bit fired up.
Ok....i'll watch another one. Looking forward to seeing brannstrom in there finally. hopefully he's not too rusty.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I was looking at the line-up and everything seemed really good until Stutzle. DJ just has to leave a stain somewhere on there.

Oh well, I expect him to be back with Batherson after seeing how pointless that line will be.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
DJ literally starts shuffling his lines 5 minutes into a game so I wouldn’t worry to much about the practice lines.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Dj's doesn't use his 1-4th lines like we are accustomed to; I doubt Stutzle will see his TOI impacted at all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Its just the Hoffman treatment is all, and I get they're easing him in, but I would ultimately like to see him play with offensively oriented players.

I'm not a fan of Brown personally either and think he gets overused, particularly in offensive situations.
See, i didn't mind Hoffman playing with Pageau, it added a dimension to that like where the oppositions top lines that were matching up against them had to respect the quick transition or get burned themselves.

The difference i guess is Pageau is much better than Stepan, and Hoffman got time on the 1st PP.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
See, i didn't mind Hoffman playing with Pageau, it added a dimension to that like where the oppositions top lines that were matching up against them had to respect the quick transition or get burned themselves.

The difference i guess is Pageau is much better than Stepan, and Hoffman got time on the 1st PP.
It's a respectable position, just not my choice. He's being eased in and its fine for now. He's not Hoffman being stapled to the 3rd line almost permanently, this will obviously change as he's probably already the best offensive forward on the team already and he'll continue to get better.

I think that strategy works to some extent, but I think what you lose out on can outweigh the benefits. Hoff would have been a 35-40G, 70pt player imo if he'd played with players of similar skill level, and we could have used that more than the role he filled. Same with this team devoid of offensive talent. They have their best weapon atm on the 3rd line with two offensive black holes.

You are right in that Stepan is not Pageau and that playing with JGP was more ideal, but they're similar enough that the comparison applies, neither are world beaters offensively. Brown on the other side is compounding the problem here as it's not just a defensive center, it's two players that struggle offensively. Swap one of the two out and I'm on board while he learns the ropes.

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
I just want to say to the sens fans, and they are far the bests in ontario, that i like how your team was built. Truth is that this is a very very young team and Stutzler will become your superstar, as i know it is right now. Man, he remind me so much of Pavel bure.

You'll win your share of games soon, dont despair. i like this team.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
For next game they should keep the roster the same and then make a few minor changes. I would switch Batherson with Dadanov as they had better chemistry on their previous lines. I would also take Stepan out for Paquette or any other forward.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-White-Dadanov
Stützle-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-Paquette-Watson

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Sweet relief.
Almost back to where we started.
Insert L Brown and Formenton and let’s go.
Don’t care what order you want to call the lines.

Tkachuk Norris Brown
Stutzle Brown Batherson
Paul White Dadonov
Formenton Tierney Watson/Galchenyuk

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Gudbranson
Wolanin Zub

J Brown, Coburn, Reilly, Stepan, Anisimov, Paquette to the taxi squad.

Last edited:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
without inserting anyone who hasn’t already played this year

Tkachuk - Norris - Dadonov
Stutzle - White - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Brown
Galchenyuk - Stepan/Paquette - Watson

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Pylon - Pylon

Aside from the 4C the forwards are passable if unremarkable. D is still shambolic but having Brannstrom on the 2nd pairing over one of Reilly/Coburn is looking like a huge upgrade after last night.

Unfortunately no chance at another D breakout this year which is by far the biggest anchor. Best case scenario Wolanin breaks off the rust and starts looking like the reliable #4-5 guy we thought he could be a couple years ago, stabilizing the bottom pair a bit.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I liked the chemistry with White and Dadanov, I think White playing a bit more gritty lets Dadanov play the perimetre and might get him some more goals.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I liked the chemistry with White and Dadanov, I think White playing a bit more gritty lets Dadanov play the perimetre and might get him some more goals.

Yea, they need a playmaker on that line though. Wouldn't mind seeing Stutzle with them.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-White-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad