Komorov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Bozak - Hyman

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Marleau-Matthews-Marner
Leivo-Nylander-Brown
JvR-Kadri-Hyman
Koma-Bozak-Martin

Nylander's bad defensive play and bad compete/work ethic is made up by playing with Brown and Leivo who both crash and bang, hustle and in Browns case bring a good 2-way option on that line.

JvR's floating and lazy play is made up for by playing with slow Kadri. Hyman and Kadri can insulate JvR's putrid defense and board work. Hyman finally plays on his right side.

Koma's lack of offense is hidden on the fourth line, Bozak's lack of defense is hidden on the fourth line (and they both cancel eachother out), and Matt Martin can just crash and bang (playing on his off-wing). Soshi can take games in Martin's spot.

It's tough. I don't want JvR lining up with M+M because JvR and Marner's lack of defense likely hurts Matthews, add on to their inability to win board battles and I think we swamp Auston with too much work carrying them both. I want at least one other competent board battler on that line. Marleau isn't the best option - but he's likely the best we have in the LW spot.

You don't want JvR with Nylander for the same reason - two lazy, defensively deficient players being held up by Brown is going to break Break in a hurry.

I think this lineup everyone but Martin is playing their natural wing positions. (LH-LW; RH-RW)

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
I would try this with Marleau as center:

Leivo - Matthews - Marner
JVR - Marleau - Nylander
Komorov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Bozak - Hyman

That second line gets abused defensively. Marleau is not a long-term option at Center. He doesn't want to play C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad