Recalled/Assigned: Lindstrom assigned to Griffins

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
From the interview it sounds like Steve sent him down to get him on the AHL roster for the playoff push. He wants those young guys competing for and hopefully in the AHL playoffs. Not a bad move.

Completely agree. Its nice to get a look at the guys, but playing meaningless games in the NHL is likely less valuable to their development compared to playing playoff hockey in the AHL.

Reactions: hkydave04

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Kinda weird how much praise the kid got up here while not contributing positively in any way shape or form on the score sheet. Was a big minus player and obviously can't do anything offensively.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I wasn't high on him at all in preseason and thought he seemed like a total non NHL player. That said, his recent callup he looked like he fit and was comfortable and being a minus is par for the course on this train wreck!

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Could potentially see him back up with the injuries to Hronek and Dekeyser. Had to send him down before the deadline so he'd be eligible for the AHL playoffs. He's been steady!

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Kinda weird how much praise the kid got up here while not contributing positively in any way shape or form on the score sheet. Was a big minus player and obviously can't do anything offensively.
I remember a couple games in a row he'd be clearing the net and Daley or AA would literally give the puck tot he other team and they'd score, the Pittsburgh game he got screwed. He was a victim of happenstance due to who he was playing with. I didn't see anything negative he did while out there. He was given a ton of ice time, so he must have been doing something right as a 21 year old.

Reactions: raven756

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Could potentially see him back up with the injuries to Hronek and Dekeyser. Had to send him down before the deadline so he'd be eligible for the AHL playoffs. He's been steady!

Yeah, rather see him and send Biega down. Goloubef is the new guy and like to see few games from him. Bowey is now clear option for the PP. There's nobody else after Cholowski is recalled.

Just thingkin the "battle of RhDs".

RhD Hronek (injured)
RhD Bowey
RhD Goloubef
RhD Lindström
RhD Biega (AHL ?)

LhD DeKeyser (injured)
LhD Nemeth
LhD Cholowski
LhD Ericsson
LhD Daley (should be buried in ECHL)

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Not sure I've seen much in the way of praise for him. He's getting a taste of life in the NHL and will be a key contributor in the AHL during the playoffs.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Made sense since he needed to be in GR when the deadline passed to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I think the interesting one is that Zadina wasn't sent down and recalled on paper for the same reason. I'm guessing maybe Yzerman thinks going to the WC is a better option for him than the AHL playoffs.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Bobby Orr and Ray Borque would be big minus players on this team. I think fans were more or less excited to see a prospect get his cup of coffee. A minor distraction from but not the cure to bad hockey.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011

Hes 21 years old playing his first year of north american hockey on the worst redwings team in over 3 decades. Let's temper our expectations. He did better than expected, as long as he keep tracking positively he will see more time in the NHL

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes.. how could any player on this team end up with a huge minus number while not being an outstanding offensive contributor?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Made sense since he needed to be in GR when the deadline passed to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I think the interesting one is that Zadina wasn't sent down and recalled on paper for the same reason. I'm guessing maybe Yzerman thinks going to the WC is a better option for him than the AHL playoffs.
With Zadina being injured, I am not sure he could have been sent down, real or on paper.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, and Titanic-anchor Trevor Daley causing those minuses as your partner.

I was more laughing because nhlisawesome is apoplectic that the Wings traded AA with his -45 (by far worst on the team) and 24 points which for a guy in his fifth year that you count on to be a leading scorer is beyond abysmal... but is harping on defenseman Gustav Lindstrom who is a rookie defenseman who is known as a stay-at-home guy that didn't score points in his first 9 games of his NHL career.

The hypocrisy is just awesome.

Reactions: raven756

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad