Recalled/Assigned: Lindstrom assigned to Griffins

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
What I've been missing if people have been thinking Lindström as an offensive defenceman? He has always been more of steady stay-at-home.

No great production at any level. He'll be 3rd pair guy at maximum. But will slot well behind Seider and Hronek.

Where did these unrealistic expectations come from?

I think most of us here like where Lindstrom is at and have no unrealistic expectation for him. As you said, he just seems to be a sound guy defensively. Rarely seems to be out of position and makes simple plays. I'll take that ALL DAY on this dumpster fire of a back end. It may not excite the majority of fans but most of us who are able to watch the game with a more critical eye seeing a kid do the right things with and without the puck on the back end is just as exciting as seeing them put the points up.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He's not going to be an offensive guy, but he does have impressive poise with the puck. He is very calm and confident which is a great sign for his development. I think he's easily going to be a smart and reliable bottom pairing NHL defenseman. If something "clicks" and he figures out offense, even better! I think he has sky-the-limit upside, but not expecting it. He has the important skills you want.

To me, his poise and defensive game looks better than Hronek.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

giphy.gif

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Made sense since he needed to be in GR when the deadline passed to be eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I think the interesting one is that Zadina wasn't sent down and recalled on paper for the same reason. I'm guessing maybe Yzerman thinks going to the WC is a better option for him than the AHL playoffs.

Zadina will stay with the Wings and he can not come down to GR for the playoffs because Zadina was hurt in Detroit and the Wings placed him on IR, thus the Wings could not make a paper transaction for Zadina to be able to play for GR for the playoffs.

Reactions: raven756

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina will stay with the Wings and he can not come down to GR for the playoffs because Zadina was hurt in Detroit and the Wings placed him on IR, thus the Wings could not make a paper transaction for Zadina to be able to play for GR for the playoffs.

That's too bad. But he can get some extra hockey at World Championships after NHL season.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Just this summer prospect camp he was nothing special, I believe he wasn't been special in GR, but now with RW he looks solid defenseman, third best defenseman on the team. Not panic , nice first pass. He should stay with Wings.

He is definitely trying to grab his hunk of cheese. I like what I've seen so far, hope he continues to play well.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Just this summer prospect camp he was nothing special, I believe he wasn't been special in GR, but now with RW he looks solid defenseman, third best defenseman on the team. Not panic , nice first pass. He should stay with Wings.
Agreed. Never been flashy. Hardly noticed him at all in the 30+ Griffins games I've seen. Now he's looking like a pretty solid player in the Chel

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Which is what the front office kept saying over and over when his name was brought up. They liked the way he played and thought it would translate up well. Cleary, Horcoff, Fischer, Draper and Yzerman all would talk him up while this board would get super angry at times. It is like how they kept saying Givani Smith was close to the NHL and large parts of our fan-base would freak out. Sometimes it is important to listen to the decision makers, another less celebrated guy they talk up when he comes up is Pearson, guessing we will see him at some point next year.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Which is what the front office kept saying over and over when his name was brought up. They liked the way he played and thought it would translate up well. Cleary, Horcoff, Fischer, Draper and Yzerman all would talk him up while this board would get super angry at times. It is like how they kept saying Givani Smith was close to the NHL and large parts of our fan-base would freak out. Sometimes it is important to listen to the decision makers, another less celebrated guy they talk up when he comes up is Pearson, guessing we will see him at some point next year.

Sometimes the decision makers need to do a better job setting up controls for experiments they are predicting the results of, imo.

I think we have a lot of prospects that would benefit from the low expectation, high praise, wide window of opportunity that Lindstrom has benefitted from this year.

While they may have predicted how good Lindstroms d-zone coverage would look right off the bat, Lindstroms play also proves that you can't necessarily translate the eye test across levels and match ups. You have to give people opportunities and avoid railroading your whole development cycle into a self fulfilling prophecy.

Reactions: 14ari13

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

I thought he looked quite good in TC :dunno:

Reactions: LazyT

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Whoever is partnered with Nemeth is going to have the best +/-. He is the only legit NHL level LHD on the team.

Ehh...

Most common 5-on-5 partners for Nemeth:

Nemeth-Green, +4, -18 = -14
Nemeth-Hronek, +11, - 14 = -3
Nemeth-Lindström, +0, -1 = -1
Nemeth-Biega, +8, -8 = +0
Nemeth-Bowey, +8, -4 = +4

Lindström on his last 8 games (which was the discussion) has been +0 -0 with everybody else, most minutes with Ericsson and Daley. With Hronek he has 3rd most minutes is +1 and -0. The only plus. Zero minuses on last 8 games.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ehh...

Most common 5-on-5 partners for Nemeth:

Nemeth-Green, +4, -18 = -14
Nemeth-Hronek, +11, - 14 = -3
Nemeth-Lindström, +0, -1 = -1
Nemeth-Biega, +8, -8 = +0
Nemeth-Bowey, +8, -4 = +4

Lindström on his last 8 games (which was the discussion) has been +0 -0 with everybody else, most minutes with Ericsson and Daley. With Hronek he has 3rd most minutes is +1 and -0. The only plus. Zero minuses on last 8 games.
Nemeth makes Bowey a plus player, I think that about proves it, lol.

Green has sucked all season, that's on him, not Nemeth, and I bet half of the minuses were with an empty net.

Lindstrom goes up against non scoring lines if he's not with Nemeth, so +/- isn;t really a good indicator anyways. (Nemeth and Hronek havent been paired together recently, so those two pairs go up against top 2 lines.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad