Proposal: Lindholm to Canucks for Hunter Brustewicz +

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
We don't agree that he is a Selke type defensive player. Despite having have had votes. I doubt he ever gets another vote. Not that votes mean a whole lot as we've been over.

So essentially Lindholm does not drive a line. If you can't play with Huberdeau and produce offensively that is a bit problematic in my eyes.

Just think of Kuzmenko as a 2nd round pick. You almost always have to take back salary in trades these days. Getting a guy like Kuzmenko who could easily score 30 goals next season and fetch a 1st plus is a good value proposition for incoming salary in a trade (for a rental no less).

Love the mixing of analogies! It's clutching at straws or a strawman argument. Two different analogies. They almost could be used together though haha too good.
Well that's just incorrect lol. Kuzmenko has no/ very little positive value because of his contract. Same reason guys like Bjorkstrand and Paccioretty and Monahan had 0 (or negative) value. You can point to his 30+goal potential all you want, he still won't have much positive value lol. Just like Mangiapane for the Flames. Would you trade any assets to add Mangiapane? No, because you have no cap. And same as 28 other teams. It's that simple. You either get Nashville to take him or no other team has cap space.

And agree to disagree about Lindholm then, his 3-year xGF% and SCF% and GF% were in the top-15 of all players from 2020-23, and many guys in front of him were bottom-6 guys who never win the award. So he's likely to a be a candidate again in the future when he's not with Huberdeau. Your argument that EvolvingHockey has him with a lower defensive ranking is not enough to overcome all the two-way data and eye-test pointing to his high-end two way ability. Not even saying EH is wrong, just that it doesn't tell the whole story about his great overall 2 way imapcts. Put him with good plyers (i.e., not Huberdeau) and any acquiring team will be very happy

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Well that's just incorrect lol. Kuzmenko has no/ very little positive value because of his contract. Same reason guys like Bjorkstrand and Paccioretty and Monahan had 0 (or negative) value. You can point to his 30+goal potential all you want, he still won't have much positive value lol. Just like Mangiapane for the Flames. Would you trade any assets to add Mangiapane? No, because you have no cap. And same as 28 other teams. It's that simple. You either get Nashville to take him or no other team has cap space.

And agree to disagree about Lindholm then, his 3-year xGF% and SCF% and GF% were in the top-15 of all players from 2020-23, and many guys in front of him were bottom-6 guys who never win the award. So he's likely to a be a candidate again in the future when he's not with Huberdeau. Your argument that EvolvingHockey has him with a lower defensive ranking is not enough to overcome all the two-way data and eye-test pointing to his high-end two way ability. Not even saying EH is wrong, just that it doesn't tell the whole story about his great overall 2 way imapcts. Put him with good plyers (i.e., not Huberdeau) and any acquiring team will be very happy
First of all Pacioretty had no value because his team was 10 mil over the cap limit. They had to give away one of their best players. And it was him they chose basically because being in his mid 30s he likely didn't have much left in the tank.

Monahan is literally the perfect example. He is worth potentially a 1st now. So Montreal not only got a 1st to take him they might get another when they likely trade him. It's worked out incredibly well for them. Same situation is possible for the Flames. Also Monahan was a cap dump as well because the Flames needed to clear the money to sign Kadri.

Your value doesn't go from like 1st+ to 0 in a matter of 3 months. Well on HF boards it does but not in the real world. Otherwise Lindholm would be worth a couple 2nds.

You basically can't make trades for big contracts such as Lindholm's without money going back. You generally get futures and a project. Almost every competitive team is at the cap.

Well I used 4 data sets so it's not just EH. That's why it was significant in my mind. And no I don't think it suggests you are good defensively if your xG% is good when you play on a historically dominant offensive line for 3 yrs if all the other data says you weren't good defensively.

He didn't even play with Huberdeau last season! He played with Toffoli. Is there a reason he couldn't play with Toffoli also?

The eye isn't good currently either. You have Calgary fans on here and articles about the team saying just that. And it tracks with what i've seen too.

BringBackTheV

Dec 2, 2017
Yep. And taxes aren't even the problem. Cost of living is ungodly.

And yes, Vancouver locals, I realize it's a nice place to live. There are other nice NHL cities where you don't have to pay $2M for a 3 bed, 2 bath, 2,000 sq ft home.
Any NHLer that has played and lived in Vancouver in the last 20 years has made money in real estate playing here. It's not a concern for guys who have earned over $50M playing hockey.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To CGY
Hunter Brustewicz
Kuzmenko
2024 1st round pick

To Van
Lindholm

Canucks then extend Lindholm to a 7.5 x 7 contract

The trade would allow the Canucks to continue to deploy the lotto line and have Lindholm Centre the 2nd line with players like Mikhyaev, Hoglander, Suter etc.. or they can have extreme depth and have forward pairings of Boeser-Miller and Lindholm-Pettersson as their 1-2 lines....

For Calgary.

They get Hunter Brustewicz. 19 yr old top prospect Right Shot Dman. Currently leads the OHL in scoring. Plays in all situation for the Kitchener Rangers. His development has sky-rocketed since being draft by the Canucks. He has 119 pts in his last 108 OHL games.

Flames also get Andrei Kuzmenko who scored 39 goals and 74 points last season. This year he has been in the doghouse as he doesnt quite play the hard- nosed game that Toch is demanding from him. However Kuzy might just be the perfect trigger man to play along-side someone like Huberdeau. Kuzy is also still under contract next year. The Flames can allow him to shine offensively and could be part of the re-tool as he is only 27 yrs old. If not then the Flames can just flip him at this years trade deadline or next years trade deadline. For what its worth, there has been lots of reports that many many teams are interested in Kuzmenko, which would be great for the Flames if they plan on flipping him later....
Montreal might do it for Monahan? He has been numbers than Lindholm at half the caphit.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To CGY
Hunter Brustewicz
Kuzmenko
2024 1st round pick

To Van
Lindholm

Canucks then extend Lindholm to a 7.5 x 7 contract

The trade would allow the Canucks to continue to deploy the lotto line and have Lindholm Centre the 2nd line with players like Mikhyaev, Hoglander, Suter etc.. or they can have extreme depth and have forward pairings of Boeser-Miller and Lindholm-Pettersson as their 1-2 lines....

For Calgary.

They get Hunter Brustewicz. 19 yr old top prospect Right Shot Dman. Currently leads the OHL in scoring. Plays in all situation for the Kitchener Rangers. His development has sky-rocketed since being draft by the Canucks. He has 119 pts in his last 108 OHL games.

Flames also get Andrei Kuzmenko who scored 39 goals and 74 points last season. This year he has been in the doghouse as he doesnt quite play the hard- nosed game that Toch is demanding from him. However Kuzy might just be the perfect trigger man to play along-side someone like Huberdeau. Kuzy is also still under contract next year. The Flames can allow him to shine offensively and could be part of the re-tool as he is only 27 yrs old. If not then the Flames can just flip him at this years trade deadline or next years trade deadline. For what its worth, there has been lots of reports that many many teams are interested in Kuzmenko, which would be great for the Flames if they plan on flipping him later....
Why are the Flames helping a division rival out. Lindholm will be the most sought after C available. There no need for the Flames to take a cap dump ( Kuzmenko). Flames like ask for a First, Second, a prospect and a roster player. Calgary ownership will not rebuild so futures and a dump won't go over well.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Montreal might do it for Monahan? He has been numbers than Lindholm at half the caphit.
Monahan is a year off being a horrible cap dump, and is 3 C on a terrible team.

Lindholm is two years off a 40 goal, ppg season and plays first line minutes stapled to the black hole that is Huberdeau this year, and still has much better advanced stats.

They are not alike.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Why are the Flames helping a division rival out. Lindholm will be the most sought after C available. There no need for the Flames to take a cap dump ( Kuzmenko). Flames like ask for a First, Second, a prospect and a roster player. Calgary ownership will not rebuild so futures and a dump won't go over well.
That’s more than most recent rentals get based on history, especially based on Lindholm’s current season.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If Calgary can retain half his salary, and we can get third party retention for the last $1.125M or so, I'd definitely go for something around our first and Brzustewicz, plus a third or fourth to the third team for retention. I'd be willing to budge and add something, depending on what the wants/needs of the Flames are.

This talk of a first, second, prospect and roster player is insane though. Horvat was/is worth more, and he got a 1st, a prospect and a cap dump, with some retention.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
If Calgary can retain half his salary, and we can get third party retention for the last $1.125M or so, I'd definitely go for something around our first and Brzustewicz, plus a third or fourth to the third team for retention. I'd be willing to budge and add something, depending on what the wants/needs of the Flames are.

This talk of a first, second, prospect and roster player is insane though. Horvat was/is worth more, and he got a 1st, a prospect and a cap dump, with some retention.
Who knows what he actually gets but there is talk that the higher value of the prospect the less likely a 1st is involved according to EF.
It also may depend on willingness of an extension like in the Horvat trade Lou knew that was a likely outcome, nucks also retained and took a contract back all while on a 50 goal 90 point pace.
I bring all this up because in a vacuum Horvat arguably had more value, even tho I personally prefer Lindholm.

I gladly do a 1st and I don't know if Brew has more value than required or if the flames even want a D?
Ideally it would be all picks but I'd move him before Podz, Raty or Lekkerimakki. All I know is Lindholm would be a great fit with Kuzmenko. Kuzmenko is an excellent passer and my gut tells me they would thrive together.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Who knows what he actually gets but there is talk that the higher value of the prospect the less likely a 1st is involved according to EF.
It also may depend on willingness of an extension like in the Horvat trade Lou knew that was a likely outcome, nucks also retained and took a contract back all while on a 50 goal 90 point pace.
I bring all this up because in a vacuum Horvat arguably had more value, even tho I personally prefer Lindholm.

I gladly do a 1st and I don't know if Brew has more value than required or if the flames even want a D?
Ideally it would be all picks but I'd move him before Podz, Raty or Lekkerimakki. All I know is Lindholm would be a great fit with Kuzmenko. Kuzmenko is an excellent passer and my gut tells me they would thrive together.
I'd be thinking Lindholm and Kuzmenko should have chemistry together, that would be my plan anyway. Brzustewicz or Raty would be fine prospects for this kind of trade, but Lekkerimaki or Willander should be off limits for a rental. I went with Brzustewicz because of the title of the thread, I'm not wedded to him being included if there is another prospect Calgary would prefer.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lindholm is not having a good season. Right now he returns a 1st+B prospect at most.
ROR returned a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and B prospect and was having a much worse season than Lindholm at almost double the cap hit. Lindholm will get a very nice haul.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
ROR returned a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and B prospect and was having a much worse season than Lindholm at almost double the cap hit. Lindholm will get a very nice haul.
More recently a year coming off a 58 point season O'Reilly was traded at the deadline for a 4th round pick, and did about as well for Toronto as you'd hope Lindholm would do. Just saying.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
More recently a year coming off a 58 point season O'Reilly was traded at the deadline for a 4th round pick, and did about as well for Toronto as you'd hope Lindholm would do. Just saying.
I mean you guys don't have to trade for him. There are real contenders interested in the Jets, Avs and Knights. I'd rather trade him to those teams anyway. Canucks fans are the worst in Canada. Just straight smarm whenever they aren't bottom feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad