Apr 12, 2021
To CGY
Hunter Brustewicz
Kuzmenko
2024 1st round pick

To Van
Lindholm

Canucks then extend Lindholm to a 7.5 x 7 contract

The trade would allow the Canucks to continue to deploy the lotto line and have Lindholm Centre the 2nd line with players like Mikhyaev, Hoglander, Suter etc.. or they can have extreme depth and have forward pairings of Boeser-Miller and Lindholm-Pettersson as their 1-2 lines....

For Calgary.

They get Hunter Brustewicz. 19 yr old top prospect Right Shot Dman. Currently leads the OHL in scoring. Plays in all situation for the Kitchener Rangers. His development has sky-rocketed since being draft by the Canucks. He has 119 pts in his last 108 OHL games.

Flames also get Andrei Kuzmenko who scored 39 goals and 74 points last season. This year he has been in the doghouse as he doesnt quite play the hard- nosed game that Toch is demanding from him. However Kuzy might just be the perfect trigger man to play along-side someone like Huberdeau. Kuzy is also still under contract next year. The Flames can allow him to shine offensively and could be part of the re-tool as he is only 27 yrs old. If not then the Flames can just flip him at this years trade deadline or next years trade deadline. For what its worth, there has been lots of reports that many many teams are interested in Kuzmenko, which would be great for the Flames if they plan on flipping him later....

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I’d be a little hesitant on a 7yr contract with Lindholm.

Tanev + Lindholm would be ideal for the Canucks.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why are Canucks fans driving so hard to the hoop with Lindholm? They already have Pettersson and Miller.

Reactions: vokiel

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks have to add. Lots of teams can beat this.

That said I'm all in for Lindholm.

I think the fact the Canucks can offer a combo hybrid of a rebuild and retool package makes this a strong package.

It seems that Calgary is not interested in blowing it up. Getting someone like Kuzmenko surely helps that thinking. How many teams can offer a 27 yr old 39 goal scorer?

Add that in with a 1st rnd pick and one of our top prospects in Brustewicz and this is an offer that the Flames would at least entertain.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Why are Canucks fans driving so hard to the hoop with Lindholm? They already have Pettersson and Miller.

Because they just re-started playing on a line together and that line has something like 20 pts in their last 3 games. If they want to continue to deploy them together then they need to upgrade their 2C position.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Canucks have to add. Lots of teams can beat this.

That said I'm all in for Lindholm.
Would they beat it is the question?

B+ prospect (Arguably an A prospect according to some people with his incredible OHL season), a 1st and Kuzmenko, who could easily bounce back in the right system and become his electrifying self again is a really interesting offer for the Flames; especially considering that FO does not want to tank.

Appeases both the "we need futures" crowd while bringing in a player who could legitimately put up a 1st line calibre season again.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Because they just re-started playing on a line together and that line has something like 20 pts in their last 3 games. If they want to continue to deploy them together then they need to upgrade their 2C position.

They plan on running this line all season?

Blackhawks used to split up Kane and Toews until critical moments.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Seems like a pretty solid offer from my pov.. Had to google what a Brustewicz was, since I thought it was some sort of limited edition Budwiser bratwurst or something :laugh: Hell of a season he's putting together in Kitchener.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
They plan on running this line all season?

Blackhawks used to split up Kane and Toews until critical moments.

I dont know if they plan on keeping this line but its one heck of a nuclear option to have.

The Canucks have never swept a Tri-State road trip ever and they just did that this week. Lotto Line had 20 points in the 3 game vs NJ, NYR, NYI. 3 games in 4 nights as well.

If they can get someone like Lindholm then i see no reason on why they shouldnt keep that line together.

Seems like a pretty solid offer from my pov.. Had to google what a Brustewicz was, since I thought it was some sort of limited edition Budwiser bratwurst or something :laugh: Hell of a season he's putting together in Kitchener.

I hope people dont mis-read what I wrote on the OP.

Hunter is the OHL Leading scorer....

not just for a Dman...but overall

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I dont know if they plan on keeping this line but its one heck of a nuclear option to have.

The Canucks have never swept a Tri-State road trip ever and they just did that this week. Lotto Line had 20 points in the 3 game vs NJ, NYR, NYI. 3 games in 4 nights as well.

If they can get someone like Lindholm then i see no reason on why they shouldnt keep that line together.

Whether its likely/realistic or not, that certainly explains the enthusiasm behind the idea of acquiring Lindholm. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: UrbanImpact

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Brz has been a fantastic player in juniors this year.

I'm still leary about his ultimate NHL upside and chances to "pop" at the highest level.

Not saying the OP is doing this since he put other things of value in the offer - but I have seen talk of him being some sort of blue-chip asset based on his OHL stats - which are very eye-popping.

I think that's way premature. Very solid evidence thus far that his third round drafting was a round too late but I would stop any further than that if assessing his value from another team's standpoint.

To me the late 1st is still probably the key piece of this offer. But combined, that's two pretty good future assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollel

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Time to break Toews outta retirement with the walker for one more hoorah

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I think the fact the Canucks can offer a combo hybrid of a rebuild and retool package makes this a strong package.

It seems that Calgary is not interested in blowing it up. Getting someone like Kuzmenko surely helps that thinking. How many teams can offer a 27 yr old 39 goal scorer?

Add that in with a 1st rnd pick and one of our top prospects in Brustewicz and this is an offer that the Flames would at least entertain.

The Canucks are trading this year's Kuzmenko who is a 28 year old, 20 goal/40 point scorer signed for this year and next at $5.5 million. He offers nothing to the Flames rebuild, and the owners aren't just going to throw away $7ish million dollars. He also has a full NMC/NTC. He's likely not accepting this trade.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I really like Brustewicz. I like the 1st round pick too. I'm not at all interested in Kuzmenko. If you're dumping a bad contract on us I'd like compensation for that. I'd also like another piece for Lindholm. Something like this:

2024 1st round pick
Brustewicz
2025 2nd round pick

I don't think Brustewicz will ever score at a high level, but he could be a 3C for a long time. He has a motor on him and is a good skater. He shoots in like Tanev though, he'll never score in the NHL.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Ideally for the Flames, a bubble team is seriously interested. The winning bids for Duchene, Hall (19-20) and Horvat came from clubs comfortably outside the top tier. There’s a meaningful difference in quality between a mid to late teens 1st and a pick that right now (by points percentage) can be no higher than 26OA.

If not available, that looks competitive.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
The Canucks are trading this year's Kuzmenko who is a 28 year old, 20 goal/40 point scorer signed for this year and next at $5.5 million. He offers nothing to the Flames rebuild, and the owners aren't just going to throw away $7ish million dollars. He also has a full NMC/NTC. He's likely not accepting this trade.

This years Kuzmenko?

So are we trading for this years Lindholm then?

26 points and a minus 5 player?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I know it's a trade discussion board for hockey fans, but I'm always amused when an OP creates a turd polishing thread in an attempt to convince random fans of another team that they should pull the trigger.

Like, OK, you convinced me that Kuzmenko didn't sign a big contract this off-season and then regress severely. Let me call Craig Conroy and tell him to look at this sell job on HFBoards, after which he'll get this trade done ASAP.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This years Kuzmenko?

So are we trading for this years Lindholm then?

26 points and a minus 5 player?
I mean let's not pretend that Kuzmenko is anything other than what he is. You guys should have known 28% shooting isn't sustainable. Everyone said it, only Canucks fans somehow thought it was. This isn't "this year's version" of Kuzmenko. It's what he is. He's still shooting 15.4% which is still high.

Lindholm is playing with 3rd liners. If you don't want him there are plenty of other teams offering comparable/better packages without a cap dump in them.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I really like Brustewicz. I like the 1st round pick too. I'm not at all interested in Kuzmenko. If you're dumping a bad contract on us I'd like compensation for that. I'd also like another piece for Lindholm. Something like this:

2024 1st round pick
Brustewicz
2025 2nd round pick

I don't think Brustewicz will ever score at a high level, but he could be a 3C for a long time. He has a motor on him and is a good skater. He shoots in like Tanev though, he'll never score in the NHL.

Flames would have to retain on Lindholm then and or the Canucks need to make a separate move to fit Lindholm in.

Flipped, Kuzmenko easily gets you back a 2nd round pick... for instance theres a rumor circulating that the Sabres have an offer for Kuzmenko which is Greenway 2nd and 3rd.

Brustewicz and 1st is definitely the main core of the trade though

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

2024 1st round pick
Brustewicz
2025 2nd round pick

I'd do that with retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark